Sunday, December 10th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday, December 10th

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:00 pm

I'm going to do a quick opening and then post more later after a few people post. It seems no one wants to get things started.

I still have some things I need to sort through under my bed today, and I need to go through my Go-Bag, so will be working on that and carrying out the trash I have created.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Sunday, December 10th

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:49 pm

I was wrong about how much rain we were going to get. I got almost 2 inches. There was a lightening strike near by and my power was off for 2 hours. The power went off about 10:30 so I went to sleep. It woke me up when the power came back on and then I didn't go back to sleep until about 3:30. It looks like the rain has made it to Florida.

There is nothing to watch on TV. I had it on Parks and Recreation which I seldom watch. Then it went to the Office. I never watched the Office because I think it's silly.

One of my friends is posting a picture on Facebook everyday wearing something Christmasy. She inspired me to get my Christmas shirts out and I didn't realize I had so many. I have 2 Christmas sweatshirt but I seldom can wear a sweatshirt.

The ponds are looking better since we have gotten rain. I should go fishing but that would involve moving the truck so I could get the golf cart out. We'll see how ambitious I am.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:29 pm

Yes, Martha, the rain has reached Florida. After church we went to Live Oak for dinner at Fusion Chinese and Country buffet. It’s been a long time since we went there. Nan went with us and grabbed the check before I could pick it up. That was very nice of her. The rain wasn’t predicted to start until 2-3pm. Got about half way home and it got very dark and started pouring. It rained hard the rest of the way home. Over an inch already and more predicted. We are currently home, changed into comfy clothes and under tornado watch. Having a cup of green tea and doing this while Bob is watching football.

Went to the Christmas Cantata last evening…beautiful musical performance put on by our church choir. They are repeating it this afternoon, but I’m guessing it won’t be as well attended due to the weather. Later this week is the annual Christmas Golf cart parade. Nan is going to decorate her golf cart and participate. I volunteered to help her decorate, but can’t ride in the parade with her due to an appointment I have that day. She’ll invite one or more of her neighbors to ride with her.

Our Village really knows how to celebrate Christ’s birth. Putting up lights and decorations begins in October as it takes a month or more to complete for the light-up ceremony in early December. There are many events centered around the season…cookie swaps, groups that put together treats and gifts for residents in assisted living and the nursing home, others put together Christmas shoe boxes for Samaritan’s Purse, food drives, etc.

Hope you all are enjoying whatever your traditions are for the season.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:53 pm

Good afternoon Judy, Martha, Liz and all that check in!

Judy, you've been doing lots of cleaning and straightening in your rig. I'm hoping your motivation rubs off on me. Martha, did you decide to move the truck to get to your golf cart so you could go fishing? Liz, it sounds like your community is a fun place to live with so many things going on. The rain hasn't gotten to central FL but there are tornado watches in effect until 5:00. Right now it is breezy and very overcast.

When we got home from church, we secured some things in the pergola in case of high winds. We have another cold front moving in and we'll wake up to cooler temperatures in the morning. We had a frost here several weeks ago which is really early for this area. I have an appointment with my Dr. Thursday morning to give me the results of the blood work I had done two weeks ago and the bone density test I had this past Thursday. I'm hoping for good results.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:17 pm

The cool front came here this morning. Tennis wouldn't be bad, but it was very windy overnight and this morning. The wind made it feel much colder. Irmi, I'm glad you secured things. The winds can be so damaging.

I didn't clean today. Well not the tt. I've started going through cabinets here and deciding what can stay for the tt. I've collected way too much stuff. And it's going to be hard having to worry about using all my food lol. I'm going to start working on that now. I hope. The new lock and a few other things I ordered will be here sometime tomorrow. The manager will put the lock on and I'll get a set of keys and I'll leave a set for him and his wife to hold onto. I mentioned this morning that I was looking at a set of steps to order and he told me in no uncertain terms he'll be building me one. I told him to let me know any money he spends. He's promised but I don't trust him. I'll take care of them. They are an awesome couple. But he's so busy and doesn't need all my projects. That said we looked at the wall that needs some loving care. It's for some damage or is just cover it with a self stick wall covering. He's going to fix it first, of course.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:34 am

my #3 dd made it here brought a Christmas tree was going to put it up but discovered that one foot and the round thing that the post goes into and the feet go into wasn't there she hasn't used it for many years... guess tomorrow I will go to Ace's and see if they have a base for an artificial tree... if not our options are for her to dig mine out of the 5th wheel.. I know where it is and what is in front of it she might be better off looking at Walmart :roll: she will be back Weds night and either take me to her house or stay here and leave from here for Utah not sure that there is a clear advantage to either...
made salmon for supper it tasted so good it's a recipe that I use when I make salmon I think it would taste good on chicken as well
other than that it was a typical Sunday
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee