Sat Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sat Morning

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:56 am

Can you believe a week of December is already behind us? Wow.

I'm about to walk Ty then head over and clean in the tt. I'm hanging fun deciding what to do for window covers and I'm thinking of some sort of wall covers. I realized I actually will have a bit of wall space I can maybe hang a picture or two or three. That's exciting to me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Sat Morning

Postby asirimarco » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:41 am

Good morning to all. 40 degrees out this morning, waiting until much later to walk as the wind is also blowing. Only going to be about 55 today.
We have our plane tickets, new luggage bought, hotel booked and a driver. Bill wanted to rent a car, but that would mean me driving it - also expensive. So friend of friend who is a driver for hire will be at our beck and call. As long as we are not going to surrounding towns there is plenty of public transportation in Mazatlan. Also have got Bill out and walking - not far but does more every day. Will walk in wetlands with my friends today and should put me at 96 miles - one more walk after that and I'll have in 100 miles since we started to record our walks. Bill's eye has not improved with the new injection but it just might be too early yet for it to take effect. He has age related wet macular degeneration. Wish he had started getting it treated earlier. He got his Identification Card and turned in his driver's license. Upset him some. One of his biggest problems if finding stuff in the refrigerator - so I try to leave everything in the same place all the time for him. And also try to remember to not say, "look at this" or "did you see that?" He has is not completely blind, doc said he probably won't ever be completely blind. This weekend we are getting our Covid shot. It would be nice if he is one of the 30/40% where it gets rid of the symptoms of long covid.
Beth glad to hear you found the new trailer.
Just discovered our new ECO thermostat will not let me raise the heat higher than 79 - our house is not well insulated and it does get cool in here at night, Bill was really cold last evening at 79. Ended up going to bed early with electric blanket on. Might have to get a new thermostat NOT an ECO one.
Another shooting here in Vegas at the university. People are getting evil and crazy. Also the funerals for the two state troopers killed by drunk driver are this weekend.
Take care every one.
asirimarco

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:40 pm

I have a picture of my new haircut in my iPad. Now I would like your email address Beth. Thanks, Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:I have a picture of my new haircut in my iPad. Now I would like your email address Beth. Thanks, Lyn

I tried to email you but it returned trying me it's rejected by your server? I'll pm you on here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:43 pm

Checking in with some news which I posted over in General Talk. I really enjoy reading everybody’s posts here and on Facebook, but sorry I don’t post often. Will try to improve on that.

Beth, I enjoyed seeing pictures of your new tt project. I know that will give you more options. It is nice to have a permanent set-up in one place.
Carol, I am so sorry Bill’s eyesight is not improving as you hoped, but happy that you have found options to continue your travel. I love the photos of your wetland walks.

Lyn, I’m looking forward to the photo of your new do.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas season.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:45 pm

Another do very little day. I did manage to walk before it got dark. It gets dark so early that sometimes I wait too late to start. There were some broken limbs on the road from the last bad weather and I was tired of dodging them. I went down and threw them off the road.

Shirl, I hate to even think about having to pack up all the stuff I have or where I would go with it.

Judy, I hope you can get the accident taken care of without too much trouble. I think they are making parking spaces too small. I usually park far out where there are fewer cars. My son makes fun of me because I don't trust the back up camera in my car.

It got up to 82 today. We are sure having crazy weather. They have been taking about us getting bad weather tonight but it looks like most of it will go North and we will get very little rain. I looked up the weather for the campout next weekend and it isn't suppose to be too cold. If it was going to be freezing I wasn't going.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 pm

Only 80 mile drive today, so arrived at and got set up at new campground quickly. It took me almost two hours to fix and eat lunch, however, because my kids kept bothering me for where to send gifts. Luckily, this campground allows deliveries. Yea. Then went to put out my awning and had to move rig over a few inches so awning would clear the picnic table sun shade.

Anyway, after taking a walk, I got busy with sorting and cleaning out stuff from underneath my bed. I have just been tossing stuff in there, so in going through it I found two purses and one fanny pack. Had to go through everything and found the VISA card I had lost last spring. Cut it up and tossed first piece. Tossing one fanny pack and maybe one of the purses. Right now am using a larger fanny pack. Also went through small day pack and found more stuff I had left there including the key to a storage locker. Amazing. Also tossing some empty boxes and other stuff I never use. Got a couple of throws I am going to donate. Still missing some jewelry, so need to go through go-bag more thoroughly. Also did some organizing of my freezer. So I am really exhausted after this unplanned bout of energy.

I am eating a very late dinner which consists of three shrimp. Sound skimpy? (Or shrimpy?) Well, got these the other day at a farm market and there are 9 to the pound, so they are HUGE.

Beth, trailer looks pretty clean. Nice that you have so many high cabinets for storage. I'm sure you will find lots to improve on with it, but the basic design looks very good.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:27 am

actually did something today
came out to fix breakfast and saw some stuff on the kitchen floor that I didn't remember seeing last night... decided that mom must have tried to sweep the floor so swept the floor and after breakfast vacuumed the house I don't do mom's room one day I probably should but she doesn't use it anyway after breakfast she will come in and get in her chair and really sleep deep today I hardly woke her up vacuuming read scriptures tried to find a recipe that I want to make for the potluck on Tuesday gave up then went to the store and then stopped at Dominoe's for pizza also got some of the lava cakes but think it will be dessert tomorrow night
dd #3 is coming over bringing a Christmas tree over will spend the night and work in the office on Monday I'd planned on getting salmon so got enough for her as we will have salmon baked potatoes and broccoli for supper if she stays over Monday will make this copy cat from Spaghetti Factory if not we will have sloppy joes that are left over
Mom goes over to brother's on Wed. he is coming to pick her up and either my dd will come to pick me up and I will spend the night at her house and we will go to Utah on Thursday night was going to suggest that we just stay here and she works at the office on Thurs and then leave from here but one issue to that might be more animals to be avoided in the canyon or either pass... it's just not the best time of the day to be leaving... oh well it will work out
hard to believe that Christmas is just a couple weeks away still no decorations up but hoping when we get back the tree will be up and decorated
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee