Friday December 8

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday December 8

Postby Shirlv » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:12 am

Morning All, I will not post as often just enough to let you know I’m still kicking. Apartment lease is up December 31 and there are still things there. Moving was very stressful just trying to coordinate everything and the horrible packing. Moving estimate was $1350 but I was organized even told them how to load the truck. lol Paid off because the final price was $917. I moved because of loss of vision. I have Dry Eye Age Related Macular Degeneration for which there was no cure. A new drug out this year is now on the market. Had first injection in the middle of moving. Geeezzz Talk about a anxiety. Drug doesn’t have a high percentage rate of stopping progress but at least they are working a treatment. I don’t think I am a total badass but better to say that statement to myself than “woe is me”. Besides it makes me smile. Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Friday December 8

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:18 am

Good morning Shirl. So glad to see you posting. Love it when you update us. Hope the injections stabilize your eyes. I know mine is Wet MD and so far they are keeping me stable so that is good. Hope it lasts for a long time.
Not much going on here. Rain has kept me from putting up my Christmas lights and if it keeps up I just wont put them up this year. No big deal I am sure.
I dont have anywhere to go today so will probably just hang out and cruise the internet. Been watching some Youtube videos on how to do stuff and some cooking videos. Just making a pizza today, nothing special.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Shirl...I think many of us have lived and experienced enough to know that choosing our reactions to things make a big difference...to us if no one else. I saw the difference clearly when watching my sweet caring Mother-in-Law...face the adversities of aging vs my Step-Mother. I always made sure to thank any staff that had to deal with my Step Mother's bossy, whiny, I am more important that you, self. My MIL was a quiet kind strong "badass". I miss her still. I trust your granddaughter's assessment.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:54 pm

Barbie, I was just going to post that batting a little ornament on the tree was just a test--batting and removing bigger ornaments is the next step! Then I saw your second post from yesterday. Also, Karen makes a good point about always wearing your brace when you work. You never know when you will make a quick movement and twist your knee or something. Probably best to also wear it when hiking, just in case.

Today is laundry day--just two loads, but am also making more cherry jam. I had leftover cherries I wanted to use up, plus I have given away a lot of the two batches I already made to three of my four cousins here. Have another jar or the regular sour cherry and one of the mixed cherry for my last cousin who I will get together with after the holidays.

I stopped at a grocery store the day before yesterday on my way to return my rental car. Parking lot was full, but no problems parking, but as I was checking out of store, lady came up looking for owner of a car she had hit--checked my Enterprise key fob and it was mine. :( :( :( :(

Anyway, went outside and she gave me name and phone number and I took photos of her drivers license and car license plate. (I SHOULD have filed a police report, as I later found out, just so you all know.) Damage was minor and limited to left front corner. Her Cadillac had a long scrape on the side, and what happened is that she cut it too close pulling into the parking spot. She tried to claim I was parked too close to line, but that was not exactly true, and she is responsible for getting in and out of a spot. I was a little bit to one side, but that was because of car next to me when I pulled in, and I was still easily a foot from the line--just a couple of inches off center. So I took it back to Enterprise, gave them photos and info. My motorhome insurance does not cover rental cars, but my one Visa card does, so I called them and then filled out an online claim form. Enterprise sent me a form asking for the name of my insurer or credit card and contact information for the adjuster who would be handling my case. But since I do not have that yet and won't for ten days, I responded with that info and said I would get it to them as soon as I got it.

Anyway, just wanted you to all know about filing a police report, even if damage is minor and no injuries, and even if you are parked!!

Also, Carol, it is a great idea to fly to Mexico for a month!!!
Last edited by JudyJB on Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:20 pm

Good job on paying less than the estimate, Shirl. Quite a bit less. Sorry about your eyes. It seems to be more common lately. I'm having trouble getting a recommendation for a doctor liked down here for cataract surgery. I'm probably just going to have to cross my fingers. It's overdue.

Oh, Judy, hopefully there's no trouble with them getting paid from her insurance. Police don't want to come out on calls like that so might not have even if you had called. But maybe a report can be filed without then coming out.

I was asked a bit ago if I'll be at the pot luck today. Somehow I missed that there is one today. I just checked the fridge and think I can throw together a salad quickly. It's so easy to be antisocial and so I try to go to at least something every week.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:14 pm

Credit card will still end up paying even without the police report, but supposedly, it makes it easier, especially if you do not have a cooperative person who caused the damage. And you can file it online.

And Shirl, you might not want to hear this, but my elderly mother had macular degeneration and used a wheeled walker outdoors or in strange places. It was not because she was weak or could not walk, but it really helped prevent falls when she could not clearly see the ground. It no doubt saved her life a lot of times after she started using it. She could race down a grocery store aisle or on a sidewalk with no fear of falling and hurting herself.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:34 pm

Good Afternoon, Shirl, good to see you post. Now, not good news about eyes. Hope the medication helps.
Carole and Bill going to Mazatlan! A month there will probably not seem long enough. You will however be able to visit with your friends!
Tina, Iwas reading about Anne Lamont today. Is your “ handle” Bird by Bird from her book by that name? The article said there are uTubes of her talks. I am going to attempt to find them.
One of my medications has a side effect of causing tremors. I talked to my doctor about them. The process of finding another medication sounded like something I am not interested in doing. I will talk to my. GS and his wife( both Pharmacists) at our big family get together tomorrow. IfI can get a word in all the talking!
Incidentally, the skin cancer was squamous cell so I am glad I had it cut off.
I used to order books from the library frequently with absolutely no problems. The Board of Directors decided to change the web site to make it easier to use! Well, they screwed Me up royally! I had nothing but problems. I sent emails asking for help, but they were much to complicated for me. I finally took my iPad te library. I asked if there was anyone there to help me! Long story short, I was sent to a lovely young woman who solved my problem with minutes!
Now, last but not least. I got a haircut yesterday after consulting with Barbie. I had been getting my hair cutVERY short. I decided I would let it grow out for awhile. Lo and behold it begin turning Curley as it grew longer! I decided to go to a more expensive SALON instead of Super Cuts. Barbie had sent me pictures of suggestions. Armed with my new knowledge, off I went. What a GOOD haircut I got! Exactly what I wanted!
So big thanks Barbie, I really appreciated your help!

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:51 pm

Well I think we need a picture of your new "do"
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:11 pm

Yes Lyn, my handle BirdbyBird did come from one of Anne Lamott books. And that’s been since 2008. I discovered her writings long before that and I credit her for getting me through those last 5 or so years of work….and later through the process of mentally preparing to retire and find my way out to the highways….

I recommend her writings both fiction and nonfiction. They are good for the spirit.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby chalet05 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:09 pm

Good evening!

So much news on here last night and today! Shirl, I was excited to see you start morning coffee! Carol, I am so happy you are going to Mazatlán! Part of adjusting to the changes in life. I'm sorry several of you have eye issues. My aunt was diagnosed with macular degeneration many years ago and has been blessed that it didn't get as bad as they thought it would. Sheila, I'm glad you will get to go to the graduation! Beth will be busy 'remodeling'. The Hallmark Biltmore movie will no doubt be on again. I have it recorded and will watch tonight. Yes, Lyn, we need a photo of your new style. I saw a thing on TV of divers in the San Antonio River at Riverwalk - they were retrieving dropped items. One was a rental/borrow scooter! Can't remember the name of the company. Somewhere in Seattle they have Lime Green Scooters and someone threw one off an overpass on the freeway!

My new Ninja coffeemaker arrived last evening and keeps telling me to add water! Reminded me of calling DirecTV troubleshooting with guy telling me to do what I had already done! They are sending a new base. I finally did my Walmart trip today. I just wasn't in the mood yesterday and the sun actually came out today! Snow predicted tomorrow.

The immunotherapy they added to my brother's treatment made him sick for way too long. He loves Christmas and especially buying gifts. During our latest conversation Wednesday, he brought up he might not be here next Christmas and that really hit me.

Time for dinner~
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:16 pm

Shirl sorry to hear about your eye issues. I so hope the medication will help. I also wanted to tell you I sent your list about feeling anxious to the psychologist I work with online every week teaching her hypnosis. Within minutes heard back from her saying how much she loved it and had already sent it several clients. You just never know how far your your good advise will travel! Keep it coming :!:
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:24 am

later than normal getting on as my laptop wanted to be verrrrrrrrry sloooooooow so annoying makes one want to go and replace it... it was a used one when I got it and that was the winter I stayed in Ogden due to truck issues... don't know how long ago that was but it's a long time..
Karen mom uses cable I think it is Spectrum is the company and a lot of the issue of seeing things is being old and tech illiterate... Mom would so not enjoy streaming or understand it and how to do it ... me I think once I learned how could do it... part of the problem with recording something (if one knew how to do that) is finding the time to watch it.. one gets stuck in a routine... :roll:
didn't do much other than crochet on the shrug then pull out what I'd done then redo it in a couple more rows I should be back to where I almost totally tore out the whole thing
tomorrow really need to go to the store out or almost out of milk and need something for Sunday not sure yet what it will be dd is suppose to be here Sunday but not sure if she will be here for Dinner or not and then for Monday I think I will have to talk to her so I will have something in mind for supper if she isn't going to be here then probably eat the sloppy joes from today... which if I had enough buns would be ok with her but just one and a half enough for mom and I
yes Lyn pictures
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee