Thursday Dec. 7

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday Dec. 7

Postby Irmi » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:21 am

Good morning ladies!

Tina, it was good seeing your post in the Campfire. I hope you make it to FL.

We woke up to 39 degrees and it's 60 degrees with lots of sunshine. It may still warm up a few degrees. Tomorrow will be slightly warmer than today. This afternoon I have an appointment for a bone density test. One week from today I'll have an appointment with my Dr. to get the results from today's scan and last weeks lab work. The season's first trivia last night in the clubhouse. As usual, the questions were very hard and our table was not in the top 3.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Irmi

Re: Thursday Dec. 7

Postby MandysMom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:13 pm

Good morning Irmi, and all who follow. It's a bright, sunny day, at moment, though possible lingering showers later. Not a lot of sleep, due to overnight BP cuff, but I'll survive. I've joined a Northern California Camping group, who have monthly camp outs , mostly within 150 miles of here. Hope to go in spring to see what they are about. One of the leaders says there are always 3-4 single women at each get together.
I'm so happy when our less active members, including Tina check in. I love hearing what she and the pups are up to.
Like others, I'm learning the latest Windows, because I really want to use my laptop more. At same time, figuring out new features on the latest IOS17. Guess its good for our brains to keep being challenged!
Have a good Thursday!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:20 pm

Good morning gals!

Yesterday at work, we had a couple people from corporate come in to check out the shop. Usually they will sit and watch one of us do a haircut to make sure we are doing and saying all the right things that they require. So that always makes me nervous! The owner was there too as well as another manager and my manager. So it was busy there, but no one paid any attention to me and my customers. One did comment on how nice one of my haircuts looked.

My left knee has been bothering me for a couple days. That is the one with the complex tear in the meniscus. So I wore my knee brace yesterday and have it on today as well just to give it more support as I move around. I probably just moved it wrong at some point and put a little too much stress on it. It was almost healed up after those 6 months I took off last summer but now with being back at work, everything is getting a work-out, for better or worse!

Dave is supposed to stop by today to remove my slider door so we can move my love seat out to the driveway. Tomorrow is the yard sale. I will put a "free" sign on it and if no one takes it, there is a thrift store truck coming to take everyone's leftover stuff after the sale.

I also have to go get my car smogged today since my registration is due tomorrow! :shock: That snuck up on me!

Last night, Sophie discovered the Christmas tree! :o She didn't do too much other than bat at a couple small ornaments. I took some pics and video before I shooed her away. The tree was still up and unscathed this morning. :lol:

Have a lot of cleaning around here to get caught up on including laundry and cleaning the fish tank. I have today and tomorrow off so hopefully I can make a decent dent in it. I am glad I didn't plan to do the yard sale/open house again! :shock:

Was cold in the house this morning but my bedroom was toasty warm! I like being able to just control the temp for each room instead of having the heat on in the whole house when I only need it in the bedroom at night. It felt good tho while I was re-arranging things in the living room this morning to get it ready to move out the love seat.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Good morning, we are still being drenched. I think it rained all night too. We are getting way more than our fair share. Normally most of the rain goes around us but it is coming from the southwest and we are in a direct path. But we still will need lots more. Read on the internet (so of course must be true) this will be a really hot summer for the USA We shall see. The only thing I really believe is when I go outside and it is either hot, cold, or pleasant. Raining, snowing, or sunny.
Made a small batch of cinnamon rolls this morning......already ate three of them ha ha NO MORE for a while.
Well i cannot put up my outside lights and if this continues much longer I wont be putting them up at all, I will just put them back in the box!!!!!
Barbie maybe you should always wear your brace when you work, might give it extra support. I guess I will just putter around the house a bit today. I pick up my house every day so I never have much cleaning to do. I wash my dishes as I use them LOL I never use my dishwasher, heck not for one person. I deep clean something every so often like wash a window or two. Swiffer the floors, swish the toilets, wipe off the counters takes me 10 minutes each bathroom and then I am out of a job. I need more projects LOL Decided I will shampoo the carpet in the office in a couple of days, just to make sure it is basically dry. I just might crack open one of my jigsaw puzzles, we shall see.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby asirimarco » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:46 pm

Good morning to all - have had a couple of busy days. This morning a trip to the Dept of Motor Vehicles - Bill changed his driver's license for an Identification Card. Not a happy camper. And good news, yesterday we booked a one month trip to Mazatlan. I remembered I had American Air miles from forever ago - so just had to pay for the taxes - $299 - that is quite a tax. We will go Jan 15 and come home Feb 15. For a couple of days Bill has been feeling great - sure hope that keeps up. Monday he saw his regular doctor. Things
don't sound too good. Doctor said not to expect too much from the new injection as he has built up a lot of scar tissue and nothing can be done about it. He is just a few points? from being able to get legally blind status, but according to doctor he is basically legally blind. Hoping for the best. Right now he is cooking French toast, so he can still see a little bit. We haven't gone anywhere except with the RV for 22 years, so will take some planning to pack to fly for a month. Already making lists. Just thought I'd share. Got things to do now.
asirimarco

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:05 pm

Carol, glad you are going to Mazatlan. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Got my car smogged and it passed! Yay! Then Dave came by to remove the slider and get my love seat outside. Also sold my anti-gravity rocking chair which paid for most of the smogging cost.

I saw Sophie batting a ball around the floor which was cute. She has a lot of different balls she likes to play with. Then I got a closer look at it and it was one of the ornaments from the tree! That little stinker! :lol: Luckily, the ornaments are plastic so are not breakable.

The road that goes past my park also goes thru the main wash just a half mile away, that fills with water when we get a lot of rain and the runoff from the local mountains. When we get heavy rain storms (ie; the hurricane) the road washes out. All the other roads that cross the wash, have bridges over it. Well, they finally decided that they are going to start building a bridge for this road starting in January. It's about time! It has washed out twice since I moved here.

Now I need to put the futon together...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:42 pm

Carol, I'm so happy to hear you've gone ahead and booked Mazatlan. Have you booked where you'll be staying? You probably know just where you'll want to be after all the years going there.

Well, I did it. I purchased a used, seen better days, travel trailer. Some things seem daunting, but some seem better than I thought. First thing I have to figure out in the next week is where I'll be titling it. I've been told since it'll stay in one place in Texas I can use this address and do licensing here. I'll go talk to someone at the county offices and figure out if that's true. Otherwise, it'll be South Dakota with everything else. It's here in the overflow parking area and I'll be cleaning, etc. It'll keep me busy. First I need to find someone to seal everything. People in the park are offering to help. I used to seal my old rig, but I don't get on roofs anymore. My neighbors want to help and they don't go on roofs anymore either. I'm willing to pay and don't want to call anyone until I know there's no one here who would like to do it. The manager is already helping me make a mess of some things lol. I know he's willing to do it, but he's so busy and this is one thing I want done as soon as possible. I promise I'll take some pictures. I'll try to remember before pics tomorrow since I didn't take any today.

Right now I'm watching A Biltmore Christmas on Hallmark. I loved visiting Biltmore.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:26 am

I really wish that Hallmark and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries talked to each other and had the same schedule as it is they are off an hour so if you want to watch something on Hallmark you either miss out on the last of what you are watching on Movies and Mysteries or you miss out on the first of the Hallmark movie.... there are movies on Hallmark that look really cute but I am whining to hear myself whine that did look like a good show as we do see the commercials :lol:
shower day for mom afterwards I do the scriptures and hibernate on the bed doing scriptures then was working on the shrug I was going along and thought it's not looking right but ignored it went on then decided to go back and see what didn't look right apparently I didn't do a chain when I should have which is a big ooops so back I go taking out at least a row or part of a row the problem is it's close to the end of the row so all of the row I was working on and then the last row at least to were it is I marked it.... it's frustrating but glad I caught it when I did
I think mom had given up on me as I came out to start supper which was just a reheat of the jambalaya and corn bread fixed some corn) she had all the lights out and tv was off not sure is she thought it was bed time or what
we are suppose to get snow whether we do or not remains to be seen...
will be going to Utah for granddaughter's graduation .... need to remember to trim the fringe on the last afghan and take it to one of my other granddaughter's .... I wasn't sure about the colors on the one I'm making now but I think I really like it in a way it reminds me of one I made for a nephew a lot of years ago... asked what their colors were blue and green when finished I really really liked it... I remember going to Minnesota to see DD # 3 and looked in the water from a bridge we were going over and saw those colors in the river it's a good memory...
I think I'm going to finish up that Bannoffee pie it was really good last night with it having banana's in it they aren't going to stay good much longer if they are now
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:35 am

We were back in the 70's today. I didn't do much. Yesterday I went to Lafayette to bring my son something. Decided to go to Home Goods again. I hope I don't have to go there again before Christmas. They have so much stuff in the aisles that it's hard to get around.

When I was looking for something to wear to the club Christmas party I found a Christmas t-shirt. I'm sure I have more than one so need to look for them. I need to wear them now.

Barbie, I camped somewhere in Texas that had paved washes with signs not to pass if the road was under water. That's not something I have seen in Louisiana. Usually our whole road is under water. lol

I have seen the flooding in Washington on the news. That is scary.

Beth, glad you found your trailer. That should keep you busy this winter. Since I never watch the Hallmark channel I missed A Biltmore Christmas. I would have liked to have seen that.

I was thinking I didn't have to go to town tomorrow but remembered I have an appointment to get my car serviced at 3:00. When I made the appointment it seems like there was something I wanted to do before my appointment but don't remember what.

Sheila, I will have to remember to go to Whole Foods to look for the cornbread mix. I was happy when they opened a Whole Food in Lafayette and I bet I have only been there about 3 times. I find they are expensive.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:19 am

Congratulations on the new trailer Beth.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Redetotry » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:24 am

Beth, Congratulations on your new to you travel trailer. I was surprised as I thought you had changed your mind. I hope all goes well and yes it's a good idea to stay off of any and all roofs. :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:20 am

I usually log on here before I go to bed but didnt last night as I was chatting on the phone. So, alot happened LOL Beth has a new trailer, glad you found something you think will work for you and keep you busy. Bill and Carol are heading to their HAPPY PLACE, hope you two have a great time. Sandi continues to explore and send great pictures. Sheila how do get your tv?? Dish? DirectTV?? Cable?? over the air antenna? I stream everything so I can pause it, record it, back it up if I miss something. I get all three Hallmark channels and Great American Family. I dont watch alot of Hallmark but I do when I just have noise on LOL When I worked in North Carolina I went to the Biltmore Mansion over Christmas, it was amazing!!! So I do want to see this movie. I recorded it last night so will watch it one afternoon. Martha it will no doubt be on again Says it will be on again Dec 17th,
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Return to Morning Coffee