Wednesday, Dec. 6th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, Dec. 6th

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:40 am

Morning. Was up early this morning thanks to doggy potty call, so decided to just stay up. Had breakfast and did load of wash & dog bedding, had breakfast and now am watching news or half watching :lol: Looks like we are going to be partly cloudy and low 30’s
Today.

Saw some of the flooding in the PNW and yep, you gals better run out and buy some kayaks. You need rain, but not all at once.

Beth, glad you enjoyed the wreath making. My mom and I made pine cone wreaths once. It was fun. Thanks for the clarification on the trailer moving/storage. Sounds like you’ve got a good manager there and willing to help. Barbie, you can get small Diamond Paintings. Check on eAmazon and a lot of Diamond Painters order from Temu. The reason so many are big is because of detail. Bigger paintings show detail better. Sizes are in cm, but they usually show inches too. By the way, your tree looks beautiful. Lyn, sounds like fun times coming up. Enjoy your visit with your daughter.

Had my full body dermatology checkup yesterday. No issues, see you in 6 months. Like those kind of appts. Errands and grocery shopping on today’s agenda. So once it get daylight, I will be off. Otherwise nothing in agenda, so will work in Diamond Painting.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wednesday, Dec. 6th

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:01 am

Good Morning Sue and all who check in later. It is 39 and cloudy here one of those days you just don't want to venture out much.
I'm very sad as my wonderful neighbor who is also one of my best friends has moved out of state. The moving truck came yesterday and while I will miss her terribly I have to also think about it as a good thing for her. She lost her husband this time last year and I think there are just too many memories in the house. She will have her daughter and her family near her now. I had an acupressure appointment yesterday and have my massage appointment today. I think the acupressure doctor put some extra relaxation needles in as I was so relaxed I went to sleep yesterday evening during Wheel of Fortune that comes on at 6:30 here! Perhaps the glass of wine also contributed. ;)
Sheila I hope you find someone to get the pellets for you, is there some type of delivery service for them? Karen did the LED light bulbs fit in the same fixture in your kitchen or did you have to change?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:20 am

Good morning, I slept in a bit until 6 but didnt crawl out of bed until 6:30. I have nowehere to go today so just enjoyed the relaxation. The dog was happy LOL It is raining quite hard outside right now, and supposed to get rain all day. Lots of flooding and rock and mudslides happening. Mainly on the west side of the Cascades/ It isnt real cold out 51 right now but could be snowing up in the mountains here. Good day to keep my butt inside.
I am loving my new kitchen lights. Nice to flip the switch and the light comes right on instead of waiting or flipping the switch several times. BJ yes they fit into the same space, just took out the ballasts and rewired it for direct current to the light switch. They are led tubes and they are good and bright. Sue before the fire I lived on the Bear Creek and we had some minor flooding from that from time to time. Never reached my house but I was never worried too much about that. Never in a million years thought FIRE would be an issue but all things were just so wrong that day so you never know. I think I am safe from flooding here, I am up on a knoll, the river is quite a ways away so my only issue could be a plane crashing into my house. Since I live at the end of the dang runway. I do enjoy watching the planes tho. I have planes, trains, and automobiles (I live just east of I-5 freeway and when it is really still out I can hear the traffic from my back deck) The train passes by several times a day.
Need a bit more coffee and some breakfast soon then will get busy and start my day.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 am

Well, the plans of mice and men lol. I have my mail coming. I have an email from the USPS that my Covid tests will arrive by Friday. Lolol. Hopefully there's something in my mail worth getting anyway.

Sheila, is fun to think about things people from 100 years ago would want. My mother convinced my dad she didn't want s washing machine. But I agree many feel differently. Me, it would be the cell phone and air fryer and TV. For a basic, AC would top the list.

Not sure what the barometric pressure is doing but my headache is bad this morning. But I see the sun and no rain is predicted today or for the next several days. That said I have no plans. I will watch last night's The Voice. As usual I'm losing interest now that it's in the live stage. Can't explain it but I enjoy the first stages the best.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:13 pm

Redetotry wrote: I'm very sad as my wonderful neighbor who is also one of my best friends has moved out of state. The moving truck came yesterday and while I will miss her terribly I have to also think about it as a good thing for her.

Good morning, BJ, Karen and all who follow.

BJ, sorry to hear about your neighbor and best friend. I can definitely relate. My best friend and neighbor of nearly 40 years moved away a couple of years ago. Not too terribly far - about a 2 1/2 hour drive away. But far enough. She moved to be closer to her daughter.

We rarely are able to visit (she doesn't drive much anymore, if I want to visit, I drive to visit) but at least there are emails and telephone calls.

It makes me really, really sad, though, not to be able to see her.

You have my sympathy, BJ.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:58 pm

Sue--FYI, not all of west coast getting much rain. So far in Dec we have had UNDER One Quarter Inch. NO atmospheric river at this time. Possibly another quarter inch expected in next 24 hours. In fact, what is hitting Washington does not look on weather models like a atmospheric river. Those usually form out near Hawaii and aim like a fire hose as they arrive. I did ask the local weather PhD to clarify and will report what he answers, since he usually does answer.
Drip Drip Drip

Have 24hr BP on, so trying to stay chill. More chatty after it is removed tomorrow.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:27 pm

BJ, it's hard to lose someone that close to you even when we understand why they're doing it. I've been so used to family and friends moving long distances away, that I felt closer to many rving friends the last 15 plus years as we would plan gtg's, etc. I miss that and know I'm much to blame. People keep asking when I'll be coming east again and I'm not sure it'll happen. It was planned and Covid hit and changed everything. Now I don't want to do the east coast traffic. But I'm thinking of possible other ways to travel so who knows.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Good evening friends!

Beth, when you were mentioning the traffic on the east coast, I had to chuckle. I know people, including me, complain about the traffic on I-75 in FL, especially on holiday weekends, but the traffic on the east coast is horrendous. The traffic on the Baltimore and Washington beltways are a nightmare. It used to be the traffic on the eastern shore of MD was fairly mild, but not anymore. As much as I miss my MD friends, I don't miss the traffic.

We had our first trivia this evening in the clubhouse and our table was not in the top 3. But it was fun. I'm having my first bone density test tomorrow and next week I have an appointment with my Dr. to see what the results are. I'll let you know.
Irmi

Postby Cudedog » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:48 am

MandysMom wrote:Sue--FYI, not all of west coast getting much rain. So far in Dec we have had UNDER One Quarter Inch. NO atmospheric river at this time. Possibly another quarter inch expected in next 24 hours.
Velda

Sue, I'll second what Velda said. I live a bit north of Velda and here where I live we have received even less rain than she has.

It is dry-dry-dry. Not a good start to our "rainy season".

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:02 am

I wouldn't have helped your table Irmi although I love hearing the answers to the questions now Larry was really good with remembering unusual facts...
I miss GTG's as well I wish that I'd made it to more..
Lyn enjoy your dd's visit... that food you mentioned was it a Mediterranean dish?? it almost sounds like something that is mentioned on the Mediterranean Dish ... if it's the same it sounds good
as to the pellets we are a good 2 hr drive from the closest HD or Lowes and they charge a good bit for delivery went to the Ranch Store and picked up three bags... brother is going to bring some over next week although the per bag is close we have a higher tax here than they do so in away it's a savings and yes there is gas to think of but even that would be cheaper than what the stores in Idaho Falls would charge plus he is going to come and get mom for a few days ... my granddaughter is graduating from a University in Utah and I wanted to go down for it so mom will go visit for a few days
I don't sew hardly at all but that was one thing I thought of an electric sewing machine would have beat a treadle machine
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee