Tuesdsy, December 5th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesdsy, December 5th

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 am

Good Morning from the 45th. Still dark out there as I start this. Temp is 29°. Weather here has been pretty nice these past few days with some sun, partly cloudy and a snowy Sunday thrown in. We lost a lot of the snow we had from earlier last week, got 4 inches back on Sunday. But pretty moderate warm up coming later this week, so I suspect we will lose it all. I see you gals out west are having those atmospheric rivers again.

I’ve been keeping busy with the usual things, and of course some snow removal thrown in. Started my Diamond Painting project and am really enjoying it. It’s fun watching it start coming to life. It’s relaxing and a great way to keep busy during the winter months. Some of you mentioned you could never do it. Sure you can. It takes time, but it’s not a race to the finish line. There are some beautiful ones out there and you can even get custom made ones if you have a favorite picture you really like. It gets addictive. Carol, you can flatten your canvas by weighing it down or putting it under a mattress for a day or two. I will post my set up in General Talk rather than take up room here.

Been reading to catch up on here and won’t remember it all. Barbie, what a hassle trying to get to work around the race. Those things can really inconvenience people. Sharon. Glad you got your furnace is fixed, here’s hoping it chugs along for the winter. Beth, I think that’s a good idea holding off on the trailer. This way you can decide if you want to go back north another summer etc. You would also have to figure out how you would get it from seller to your site. You don’t have a vehicle equipped for pulling one. Martha, those1,000 piece jigsaw puzzles can be doozies sometimes. I’ve gotten to where I don’t really like doing those biggies, unless it’s something really interesting and I enjoy doing it.

Mind is a blank right now, so no more comments :lol: I’ve got a dermatology check up this afternoon, so other than running the vac around the house, not getting into anything today. I write my appts. on my calendar and then color the date with an orange marker. Between myself and the dogs, it looks like it’s got the measles this month :lol: .
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Tuesdsy, December 5th

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:50 am

Good morning. Another damp rainy cloudy day here today.....51/66 It is really warm outside due to the rain. Took the dog out early and was surprised at how warm it was out there. We have several rain storms headed our way this week but rain is good. Crater Lake was expected to get 3-6ft. We need that snowpack.

Anita good idea on the bubble wrap. I did use some styrofoam packing and wrapped the mini lights around that and it worked fairly well. I will save any future bubble wrap tho and try that too. Made a pan of lasagna and got it in the freezer. Might make my chocolate haystack cookies today, we shall see. Yesterday my electrician buddy came over and changed out the tubes in my fluorescent lights to LED tubes. The fluorescent ones sometimes came on, paused, eventually both came on but what a pain. So now, I flip the switch and I have instant lights, no more ballasts to wait for. And they are really bright. I am going to get him to install my ceiling fans. He took a look at the light in my bedroom and said no problem it has plenty of support so will do the kitchen dining, formal dining, (that one has brass and old style paddles UGH) and guest bedroom. I dont really need the office done as I really am not in there that much. So 4 fans it is!!!!! I told him no hurry just when he has down time, or needs money LOL LOL

Think it is time for breakfast and then a shower. Dont have to go anywhere today which is good. Might shampoo the rug in the office as I think it is pretty well dried now. I was going to do it yesterday but then thought my electric panel is in there and if Dustin needed access I didnt want the rug wet LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:40 am

My daughter arrives tonight for her two. Week visit. Always a fun time. Calendar is filling with social doings.
Had a skin cancer cut off my arm yesterday. Left a big hole. Won’t have report back for a couple days on which type.
Off to the store soon for blueberries and a posettia if I see one I like.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:56 pm

I started out for town yesterday and stopped at the Church a mile from home to check on something and my car died. It would start but not keep running. First time I got to use Onstar. Had to have my car towed to town. My neighbor brought me to pick it up this morning. It was a faulty fuel pump driver control module. I think the new cars have too many control modules.

Irmi, 50 Christmas Cards. :shock: I have three boxes of Christmas cards that I have had for a long time. I should keep a list of which one I send to people so they don't get the same one ever year. lol I only send out about 5.

Beth, I like your wreath. I finally found a wreath in my price range.

The Christmas Parade is always the weekend our Christmas Campout ends. It is along the street I come home on so people are lined up waiting for the parade. My son was complaining about having to get around the parade. If I leave the campground an hour later I could be in the parade. lol

Sheila I never put gumbo file in anything.

Karen, I didn't know there were LED tubes for the florescent lights. I have two in my kitchen and one takes a while to come on. When we got this house I had ceiling fans put in two bedrooms and the living room but not in the bedroom I use for my office. I don't know why I didn't have one put in here. I'm in my office more than any other room.

I had found a Pasta Roni mix, Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs, that I like. I picked up a pound of shrimp in town and am going to try cooking it with shrimp in it. When I was wandering around the grocery store I saw some Cheeto Macaroni and Cheese mixes. That does not sound good to me.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:36 pm

Beth, I like your wreath. I finally found a wreath in my price range.

That's why I felt this class, including supplies was a great deal at $6. And I still was able to feel creative without overdoing it.

Last night was the monthly celebration of birthdays with ice cream and cup cakes. I helped serve and will probably do that every month. But I'm more and more hating the gtg's because noises with echoing, etc. I can't hear without my hearing aids and get a headache quickly with them. It's always been a problem but I'm getting more finicky with age. So I avoided going in this morning to help decorate for Christmas. First, I was in bed still when they started, but I made no attempt to get up early enough.

It was nice to see the sun briefly walking Ty today. Hopefully I'll see more of it the next few days. I really don't think we need any more rain here but I see later this week we might be getting it.

Sue, the manager here would get any tt I should buy and bring it to the park. It would be parked in overflow until if leave in the spring, then he'd move it into my site. He'll also help me check them out if I ask. He's gone with to two.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:16 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Beth, love the wreath, especially your creative idea for Santa and the snowman! And then you get a little treat after Christmas when you put the wreath away! :lol:

Martha, I love the Pasta Roni kits. The Parmesan one is good too. Sometimes I mix shredded chicken in with them.

Lyn, glad your daughter is coming to visit!

I found out yesterday that the manager from another shop who was supposed to cover for me on Sunday, also couldn't find a way to get there and finally gave up! The one new guy who did make it in, worked alone all day but only had a few customers anyways. Yesterday was dead in the morning but got really busy at lunch time. I stayed a little later than 3 so my manager could go to lunch. The owner came in with Christmas cards and chocolate. There was $40 in the card. Cash and chocolate are my two favorite things! :D

I didn't go to putter's golf this morning because they decided to put the two groups together today which means there would be about 100 ladies playing on a small 9 hole putting course! I suffered thru that last year until they split the group into two. That puts at least 8 of us on each hole and then I invariably get chosen to keep score for all of us which, with that many women all chatting, standing, cheering, etc in a small area, makes it very chaotic,noisy, and overwhelming for me, and then trying to count the putts for each person in my group, it is just too much! :shock: So I stayed in bed! It is a one-time thing for our last time out until January, when we go back to two groups.

I have a couple hair cuts to do this afternoon. Also need to do some cleaning around here. It is a mess! :roll:

Around 5am, a firetruck showed up in front of my house for my neighbor, Gloria. She fell again. :( I didn't go over this time but knew it wasn't too serious since they were only there for a few minutes. I worry about her tho. Every time she falls, she gets scraped up pretty bad because her skin is so thin. She has fallen quite a few times in only the past few weeks. I think she should be in a place where they can keep an eye on her and help her get around safely. It was like pulling teeth to get her daughter to just get her a Life Alert, so I doubt she would even consider finding a place for her to go. And Gloria, being a very stubborn Texan, would surely not go along with that either. It will probably take a very bad injury for that to be considered.

Need to eat lunch and then head out for the first haircut. Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:13 pm

Anyone looking for an ark can probably find a used one in Washington soon! The rain can stop - not because I don't like it but because of the rivers and flooding. The flooding is on the west side of the Cascades and I don't know of any issues here on the east side. Monica said their river is higher than usual which with melting snow and rain is to be expected.

My planned village for under my Christmas tree made for a lot of crawling on the floor and didn't turn out like I hoped, but it will stay there for now. Nice to live alone when things don't turn out right. After that, I had a nap!

Lyn, glad your daughter will be visiting! Martha, I agree about too much stuff on newer cars! Beth, I'm quickly learning about too many people and hearing aids. That dinner and Bingo at school fund raiser last week was another experience. I send so few Christmas cards and always have leftovers. Monica did take some for students to use. If I didn't have so many unfinished projects, I would try that Diamond Painting.
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am

I made the jambalaya and I liked it everyone that ate it said they liked it don't think they were up to lying so will accept that it was good... also made the banoffee pie as well and all said they liked it oh and the corn bread was really good... I read an article on yahoo where the poster was saying that she tested several corn bread mixes and this was her favorite... so decided to try it after all I was going to see if they had the file anyway... they didn't have it but got the mix it's their store brand (Whole Foods) like a number 365 or something and I'm not going to go dig in the garbage to check it out :lol: but it was really good... so feel like the day was good... one of my granddaughter's graduates next week from college hoping to go visit for a few days will see if it happens...
we are down to 3 bags of pellets need to figure out where to get some my brother usually brings some over but guess he doesn't want to make the trip and can't blame him ... so even though I really don't want to go anywhere tomorrow guess I will go see what I can find her in the valley if not successful will figure out something else ... hate to ask my son in law he has so much going on in his life that he really doesn't need to find pellets for me but if I have to then that is what will be ...
I was reading something today well started to but find if it's too wordy I don't read it well so just looked at the question that was asked
thought it might be fun to do here
what do you have today that your ancestor's a 100 years ago would have wanted???
I immediately thought of dishwasher all those things but I'm sure there are many other that isn't so in your face answer
your turn
sheila
snowball

Re: Tuesdsy, December 5t

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:31 am

A refrigerator and indoor plumbing come to mind immediately !
Hazel Got a bath yesterday and now smells so good!
I am going to get Shawarma for lunch today instead of cooking.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:08 pm

Sheila, I get pellets at Home Depot or Lowes. Some of thise places deliver. Check their online websites for your local hardware stores to see.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee