Mon. Dec. 4

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Mon. Dec. 4

Postby Irmi » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:00 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

It is 79 degrees in central FL with a mixture of clouds and then sunshine. There is another cold front moving in Wednesday night and we could be back in the 40's Thursday morning. Back to wearing winter clothes.

Fifty Christmas cards are made out and I need to go to the post office to get Christmas stamps. The Swedish meatballs went over really well at the potluck yesterday. The crockpot was filled to the top and we have enough left for a meal. A couple days ago, we went to a western style clothing store and I bought my first pair of dressy jeans with bling blings on the back pocket. I need to hem them and have the hems pinned, but I wanted to finish the Christmas cards first. So that's next on the agenda. Clothes in the washer are done so I need to switch them over.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Irmi

Re: Mon. Dec. 4

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:07 pm

Good afternoon Irmi and all who follow. I'm not much of a crafty person. Like them but not good at making most. But I went to a wreath making craft group this morning and made a Christmas wreath. If I find a small Santa somewhere, I'll add him to the sleigh. I did ok.

About to head to HEB for a grocery pickup. And that's my day lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:32 pm

Good morning. Cute wreath Beth. I did not get the artsy fartsy gene but I often would buy crafty things at the craft fairs and festivals. Not so much anymore. I finally got all my outside lights detangled geez....not easy. If no rain this afternoon I might put them up, or tomorrow, just never know. Making a couple of casseroles this afternoon for freezing. Going to have a taco salad for lunch. So that seems to be my day today.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:40 pm

I also did not get the artsy-fartsy gene. This was made evident when I would try things, like lettering something and thoroughly mess it up. And my drawing skills are about 3rd grade level, so I try to stick to writing and things I can do, but I do admire people who have a concept and can graphically represent it!!! :lol:

Did the rest of my Christmas shopping yesterday, and am being lazy today. I am going out in a few minutes to take some photos of the campground for my blog, and I am going to the Marie Selby Gardens tomorrow. The malls and stores were packed yesterday and having a rental car for a few days enabled me to actually find a place to park near a store--lots are really full. Next week I will be mostly in the boondocks with only my RV to drive, so shopping will be a bit harder there.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone! It's a low to mid 60's day here. I began the days exercise with chasing turkeys off my deck, water pistol in hand! Multiple-- times-they are slow to be convinced!!! Then walked 45 min on treadmill. Next up, paperwork as I prep for end of year.
Beth, I love your wreath! I used to prune my evergreens for a wreath. Wonder what I did with that metal wreath frame?
Irmi, do you have recipe for Swedish meatballs with No almond or wheat flour? Seems, even typing in low carb, resulted in every recipe using almond flour!
I am so glad I have Bowen therapy tomorrow! I'm feeling need for it. Right shoulder now sore for unknown reason, in addition to the other ongoing issues.
Wednesday /Thursday is the 24 hour BP thing. Electronic cuffs often malfunction on me, so this should be interesting.
Have a good rest of your day.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:58 pm

And now a snowman as big as the trees lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:07 pm

Beth, you were very industrious building that snowman! :lol:

I put a few ornaments on the tree yesterday and continued this morning being a bit selective. Couldn't figure out why tree was so bare and then remembered I hadn't seen the angel topper - another container on the closet shelf! Will tackle that in a bit. We've had rain with more on the way so outside is slushy mess! I think tomorrow will be a day to cook since I've used up prepared freezer meals.
Anita
chalet05

Postby chalet05 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:29 pm

Karen, I meant to mention how I stored my Christmas lights last year. I had some very large bubble wrap (wouldn't need to be large but more layers of smaller bubbles), rolled it up shaped like a hot dog and wrapped long strings of mini lights around it. Worked like a charm!
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:39 am

I'm currently trying to make Dulce de leche by heating sweeten condensed milk in a hot bath (not still in the can) but in the oven I thought it was suppose to be in a 350 oven found another recipe that said 425 decided to try that after it hadn't even changed color in an hour well perhaps changed a tad bit but the consistency hadn't changed at all suppose to be thicker and darker it may get there sometime before bed time :o at least we will hope
never dreamed it would take this long... of of the recipes that I read said to do this method as the can of dulce de leche was thinner if there is a next time it might be what I do ... :roll:
went to the grocery store two of them actually never did find the gumbo file so guess the jambalaya will be made without it... oh well a bit thinner I guess we will hope it works out well
my feat of the day was reading scriptures and going to the store didn't even crochet on the shrug it takes time when looking in two stores... then coming home and putting all the stuff away... had to find space for some of the items... they had a sale on the canned soup that I like yes I know home made is better but some times this is easier... we had BLT's tonight mine included avocado was tasty
guess I should go and check on the water level and see if it's thickened up enough yet if it has to try and figure out how to get it out of the hot water it's in a pie plate so no handles oh yes the canned version is sounding better all the time... :lol:
it's getting there probably one more hour and it will be done or 1/2 when I check it again
I think I have put my lights around paper towel cores but that has to be thought of in advance lately it's been one set in one plastic bag and so on but getting plastic bags is hard in some areas...
Sandi did you post some new pictures?? it sounded like it but couldn't find them
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:09 am

Hi Sheila. I posted an update of our Australia trip. I just added onto the original post in “General, Australia Visit.” You just need to scroll down through the original post to the new pics. Thanks.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Return to Morning Coffee