Sunday, December 3

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday, December 3

Postby Othersharon » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:04 pm

Good morning. I’m thinking I may need to get a boat if all this rain doesn’t stop soon! And more forecasted for the next week or so. Yesterday the temps were in the mid to high 50’s so that’s strange too. The part came in for my furnace so Thursday it got fixed or at least we hope it’s fixed. Know there’s pipes to be replaced but hoping that happen after the heating season. It’ll be a very messy, wet job that’ll take some real muscle since the pipes are pretty old. But meanwhile if it keeps working for the winter I’ll be grateful. So with the wet weather I’ve been trying to get some things done in the house but sometimes I feel like I’m spinning my wheels. I start one thing and it always seems to lead to another. But then I have several months of not so good weather to get things done inside. Buddy and I have managed to get out for some walks around the blocks near home and so far I’ve managed to time it when it isn’t pouring rain. He doesn’t care but I do! We aren’t quite at the point where I can comfortably carry an umbrella so I end up getting wet too! Snow would be better, I think! And more fun! Careful what I wish for! Sandi, enjoying that you are sharing your trip with all of us. A trip I have had on my bucket list too but not thinking it’ll ever happen. I finally went grocery shopping yesterday and even though I was careful I still spent a bunch of money. And I didn’t get meat. The only extra was some baking ingredients to make some cookies for the holidays. I can share them with my kids and their families. I seem to spend more time in the kitchen when the weather is bad. Something comforting, I guess. Sue, love your holiday decorations. So it’s now officially afternoon so I should start getting some things done around here. Hope you have a good day and do something you enjoy.
Othersharon

Re: Sunday, December 3

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:21 pm

Ok, Ty is officially a bigger brat than before. He didn't want breakfast again this morning. I've been trying to get people to give him less treats. The manager is one of the Ty's best friends even without treats, but he always gives some. I talked him into giving him kibble. So Ty skipped his kibble in his bowl but ate two handfuls from Ken on our walk like it was the best stuff he's ever eaten. Lol And I won't worry about to many junky treats. And I know it's him being stubborn. Crazy boy.

Laundry is in the washers. I'll cook something else today. I'm thinking Mac and cheese but can't do that in as large of portions because I don't freeze that. I shall see this afternoon what catches my interest the most.

Happy Sunday all of you. Irmi, whenever you mention practicing I remember you at the organ at Lake in Wood. I would have loved to hear you play.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:17 pm

Good Morning to All - Remember to say Rabbits on the first. I've resorted to sticking a post it on my bathroom mirror to remember. It works.
Been reading posts but always forget to come back and post myself. Been keeping busy with projects. Especially the diamond painting. Just finished one I didn't really like but it was the last one in a set of six sunset pictures. Don't know what I'll do with them but...I will start today on a new set of six. All very pretty with flowers and birds and nice sayings on them. This one I just took out of the package so it needs to rest before I start working on it. I really enjoy doing it. I keep the beads in their original packaging, just cut the tops of the packages. I do number them first thing. Also when doing the dark colored beads, I use a small hand held flashlight to make seeing the correct number easier. Especially if there are two or three dark numbers next to each other. Luckily I have a dedicated table so I can keep everything set up'

I'm still walking 3 miles 3 times a week. Getting closer to my 100 mile mark walking in the Wetlands. It is so nice that it is cool out in the mornings now.
Bill went to 2nd opinion eye doctor Friday. He agrees with regular eye doctor on what is being done. Insurance okay Vabysmo so tomorrow when he sees regular eye doctor he should get that. Sure hope it works some. Second doctor told him he is now considered legally blind. That didn't go over too well. Will have to Uber there as we won't get out until after it gets dark. First time Ubering, hope I don't screw it up.
Sandi, great pictures. Sheila you have way more patience than I do. Would be throwing the yarn away by now.
Thinking about getting my Christmas decorations, boxes and boxes of them out of the shed. Really should, then instead of putting them away, donate them.
Take care every one.
asirimarco

Postby chalet05 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:15 pm

Good morning,

We now have snow! 4-5 inches overnight Friday and it was coming down heavy earlier so another 1-2 inches I suppose. I have the ornaments out, but they aren't on the tree yet. Need to find places to put other decorations. I think I need to start downsizing my Christmas things, but they all have memories. I will at least have Monica specify the ones she wants. Yesterday was not productive other than a couple of long but enjoyable phone visits. Now going to have to find the best day weatherwise to go to Walmart.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:22 pm

It is bright and 50 sunny degrees out! I had a 12:00 Skype appointment with a woman today for hypnosis/reiki from Detroit. I knew from the person who referred her that she is a vegan and they are often lacking in vitamin B12, Zinc and Vitamin D all of which could impact the issue she wanted me to address in hypnosis. So I hope she is willing to also have a doctor check her out as I suggested. Pippa was very unhappy because today I shut her out of the room, she will get very close as I work with someone especially if the person is here. I had another dog that did the same I could always tell when the person went into hypnosis as he would move closer to them.
I should go to the pet food store but not sure I will venture out. I just downloaded a new book so I will probably read instead.

Sandi thanks for the photo I can't wait to see and hear more about your trip! Beth I do the same with treats most of the time I give my dogs their dog food and they are happy. Pippa has rules about how/when she will eat so naturally I conform.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:22 pm

Good afternoon gals! (well, it is exactly noon here)

I was supposed to work today from 10-4. I left at 9:30 and had forgotten there was an Iron Man race today out here. Well, every main intersection I came to was closed for getting to the main highway I needed to be on to get to work! I tried about 4 different ways to get there and kept hitting closed roads and detours, not to mention super heavy traffic. After an hour, I called my manager and told her I couldn't find any way to get there so I was going home. She found someone to go in for me. I am sure the store is super dead since no one else could get there either. When I got home, I looked on the map for the race and discovered that there was no way to get to WM from this side of the valley without going north and all the way to Palm Desert and then coming back on the main highway from that direction which is way out of the way for me. Anyone on the other side of the race route would be able to get there with no problem. What a mess! I work tomorrow and all will be back to normal by then.

So I am home watching golf now. Tiger Woods did pretty good this week considering his current condition and lack of playing. In 2 weeks he will be playing in a tournament with his son, Charlie, which will be really fun to watch! His son is only 14 but is really good already! Love to see how happy and proud Tiger is when playing with (or even talking about) Charlie. His whole face lights up when they play together!

Judy, I got grandfathered in here full-time but anyone who buys from me will not be. It is what it is at this point so not much I can do about it. We get another influx of snowbirds in here after Christmas so maybe there will be some new prospects with them.

Friday is another yard sale here. I will not be participating this time but will put my love seat out in the driveway with a free sign on it. If no one takes it, there are people who take extra stuff after the sale to either a thrift store or the dump.

I am now taking an antibiotic for the UTI so am hoping that will start working soon! I have also had a lot of indigestion and heartburn lately so am not sure if that is related to anything, or something else going on. Geeze!! :shock: With all the stress lately, maybe an ulcer! :roll: I just want to feel better soon, altho my back is good now.

I also have had Australia (and New Zealand) on my bucket list, but also will probably never get there at this point. Love to visit vicariously tho!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:21 pm

Good afternoon on this very wet and damp day. Like Sharon I am thinking a boat might be a good idea. I certainly dont think we are still in drought status. Just had some lunch and now looking to bundle up and watch some tv. Need to fold the clothes in the dryer and put them away and my work is done for today.
Carol so sorry to hear the news on Bills eye situation, scary for sure. I dont drive at night either. You need to make sure you get a morning appt, that is what I do, I cannot risk those later in the day winter appts. Even tho it is only a couple miles away I dont take any chances. I could never do those diamond paintings you and Sue are doing. Hope you feel better soon Barbie. Anita I am sure your snow is beautiful. I actually love snow....briefly. I dont think there is anything prettier than new snowfall on the trees. Sharon sure hope your furnace is fixed....winter is a comin'. I have a fellow going to take out my flourescent lights and replace them with LED bulbs. No ballasts, just direct wiring to the switch. Sounds so much better.
Emma may or may not eat at any given time. I used to stress about it and now I dont. I give her the food and if she eats great and if she doesnt oh well. She certainly is not skinny so no worries there. She only gets a few of those Mini Milkbone treats during the day. they are only 5 calories each so dont have to worry too much about empty calories. And she acts like it is a steak. She does take her time chewing. Most dogs just gulp them down but no, not Emma. I feed her kibble and then top it with some scrambled egg, salmon, mostly hamburger and chicken tho. She needs the kibble to clean her teeth. Her teeth are doing great so far. Cause I am not going to brush her teeth LOL She will have a vet appt the end of May as she needs her yearly physical, vaccines, rabies so I can get her dog license renewed. I really like my new vet here in the area. She even checks their micro chip if they are chipped, so far so good.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:54 pm

I have had a rental car for a few days and will turn it in on Thursday, so I am doing Christmas shopping and going to a few places I can't take my motorhome. One thing I have discovered is that I have become lousy at parking after so many years of parking my motorhome at the far ends of parking lots. First, the car side mirrors are so tiny! And second, the spots seem to be just too small these days.

I have been asking my OH son for sizes for his wife and what the girls want, but gave up when he was too slow to give me an answer, so I am done with the girls and my other granddaughter and grandson. I was going to get the two ohio girls a book each on women in sports, but I just could not find anything appropriate at Barnes and Noble today, and I really wanted to skim the books, not order something from Amazon. Anyway, I ended up getting them journals. And I found a bathroom reading book with lots of interesting and funny facts that I think my 17 year old OH grandson will like. Teens are difficult!!

Oh, and I saw a little girl in Macy's with a cute t-shirt. It said, "I am ... Smart, Strong, and something else. I get really irritated about telling little girls how cute they are. Cute does not get you very far in life, so little girls should work on other things!!!!

Anyway, picked up a Jimmy John's sub on my way home so I do not have to eat my own cooking tonight!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:48 pm

It was a sunny, cool, dry CA day here today. We had church stake conference early, then I puttered all day. Kind of moved small project to project: clean a area of desk, clean a area of a cabinet, toss, bag for donate, or trash. At least got some done.
Barb,I sure understand frustrating marathon traffic- today was CIM here(California International Marathon) day in sacramento, which starts in Folsom, winding through several communities, to finish near the Capitol. Not a day to drive early in Sacramento area. However race began at 0645 and within 2 hours the first runners crossed the finish, rest came in over next few and by noon it was all over. Early finishers qualify for the Boston! It's hard for me to fathom covering over 26 miles on foot in under two hours, but winners did! Last year 48 men and 48 women qualified. Haven't heard yet this years results. Thousands from all over US plus 46 countries raced.
I'm headed to kitchen to reheat Crack chicken I made last night. Cheesy goodness. Week ahead I have my 24 hr BP test. Not looking forward to cuff inflating every 30" for 24 hours! Also have Bowen therapy. Sometime, gotta take son Christmas shopping too. No tree up yet, but hoping for this week.
Have a good week everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:40 pm

Thursday I went to our Christmas Campout. I could have gotten on the road early but last year the campground charged some people for arriving early so I didn't want to get there until 1:00. There are so many people camping now that campgrounds think they can do what ever they want. We had some rain coming but it didn't get there until Thursday night. Friday it rained a little off and on all day and it stormed a little during the night. Saturday it was just overcast all day. It was in the 70's during the day and cooled off at night. I'm glad it didn't get too cold. There was flooding rain at home and in Lafayette. My rain gauge holds 5" and it was running over.

Last year we had about 70 women and this year it was about 50. Some canceled because of the weather. We have a big meeting room to hang out in. Some played games and cards. There is a puzzle for anyone to work on. This year it was a 1,000 piece and hard to put together. We didn't finish it until 9:30 Saturday night. The gift exchange this year was a wind chime. I got home about 1:00 this afternoon and the sun finally came out. I got everything unloaded and the bedding washed.

Sue your little people are really cute. Barbie, your tree is very pretty. You can come decorate mine. lol I took some decorations to put on the front of my motorhome but because of the weather I didn't bother to put them up.

Annie, must miss me when I'm gone. She walks around howling if she can't see me. If I say Annie then she goes meow.

I have another campout coming up on the 13th. I looked up the weather forecast and it might be freezing at night. If it's that cold I'm not going. My knees were bothering me this weekend and cold weather is not going to help them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:44 am

made it to church on time.... came home and gave mom her thyroid pill then had a couple come over and visited for a bit... warmed up some shrimp scampi for mom she isn't eating well at all but I think she is congested so that will help it's just her half a hamburger pattie and 11/2 steak fry isn't much after she ate went to my room caught myself nodding off reading scriptures so finally set a timer and took a nap turned off the timer and slept another hour or so good thing I'd changed that roast to hamburgers :lol: will need to read some more scriptures when I go to bed which if I'd thought about it should have done that earlier gone to my room but I didn't
got to watch the Christmas devotional tonight I always enjoy hearing the Tabernacle Choir sing it was a good hour...
we don't have a tree up yet the one last year died so need to get another one dd #3 has one it's just a matter of getting it one of the gift cards that mom never used is on the bed and if for Lowe's if it's still good it would go a long ways on a tree.. nephew and niece will be in Idaho Falls on Friday makes me wonder if they would be up to going and picking out one or possibility of grandson meeting them somewhere with his mom's tree hopefully it will happen ...I would rather put it here in the living room so that we actually can see if instead of in the room we eat in cause we really are only in there for breakfast and supper
Velda that yarn cost too much to just junk it ... hopefully I've not created a mistake am trying to go slower and checking more often so far they all line up but it's only been two rows...
we were supposed to have a pretty good snow fall but it sorta petered out guess we will see what happens tonight there were times that the percentage of snow was 90 still didn't happen not sure what did... there is still a good chance tonight but after what hasn't happened this weekend I'm not banking on it ..
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:05 am

Sheila, what yarn ? Junk what? No clue, you must mean someone else.
V
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:24 am

In case you’re interested I’m updating my post daily about our Australia adventure in “General, Australia Visit.”
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:57 pm

MandysMom wrote:Sheila, what yarn ? Junk what? No clue, you must mean someone else.
V

now I don't remember either .... thought for sure it was you
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:08 am

Sheila, I spent many an hour untangling yarn ,back when I was crocheting with a roomate who would grab a skein, run out the dorm room door, around the corner, up stairs and leave it somewhere. Nope, I'd never suggest tossing yarn !
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee