Saturdsy, December 2nd

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturdsy, December 2nd

Postby Colliemom » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:39 am

A Happy Good Morning to you all. Daylight is starting to break in the east and temp is 31°

Nice to see your post Peggy. Glad you are enjoying Kino Bay. And glad to see you posting frequently, Lyn. Barbie, great good idea to get rid of the carpet. I like the just stain the wood option better. Maybe your real estate agent should get some other agents to pressure the HOA about the 9 month rule. That rule is crazy anyway. You would think they would encourage people to stay year around or snowbird if they want. Shelia, my neighbors love my decorating projects. I don’t hear from all of them of course, but others have thanked me and said they enjoy it if I happen to see them. But I think everybody enjoys it. I do have a little fan club of sorts, LOL

Yesterday turns out to be an interesting day. Got my errands done and came home Intending to work in my Damond painting, My magnifier kit came, but after fooling around with it, decided not to keep it. The Diamond Painting canvas has a bit of a shine on it and the LED light was reflecting back at me and I couldn’t see the pattern symbols. I have a similiar glare issue with my overhead lights at my kitchen table, but can move the canvas to eliminate that in the area I’m working on. Plus they won’t fit over my glasses that good and are a bit heavy. As to magnification, wasn’t a lot of difference, But probably because I have cateract lens for both eyes and a bifocal in one lens, so they distorted the magnification. I came up with the conclusion that a light board underneath my canvas will work better. They are designed for that.

But the biggest issue I discovered was that although my emails are coming in, I couldn’t send any out. So placed a call to Spectrum. Nice advisor did some checking, couldn’t find anything wrong, so suggested I talk to Apple. They just sent a new update couple days ago and sometimes that can mess things up. Gave me the number to call, so did that, but they were really busy and after awhile on hold, decided to heck with it. Time for supper. After I got thinking more about it, felt it was Spectrum issue so called Spectrum again. This advisor got into it more than the previous one and gave me a new password. Unfortunately nothing helped and he too suggested I contact Apple. But he sure was helpful and did everything he could. Back on phone to Apple, this tine held on for probably 20-30 mnutes and connected with a very nice advisor. Told her my issue, she asked for some Info, got on screen in my IPad and walked me through some different things to try. Finally we both decided that maybe it was best to delete the email account and reinstall it. Viola! Told her it was too bad we couldn’t open some champagne celebrate, but she said she still had 5 more hours to work yet :lol: She was so knowledgeable and patient, it was a pleasure working with her. Same for Spectrum. So that was the extent of my day. Frustrating but happy ending. Did get a dog walk in though.

So, today I am goig to run the vac, do some dusting and work on that painting. My neighbor and I are learning so much. There’s a ton of info and tips and tricks online. I’m going to order another one and I might get one of my photos made into one. Will take a break of course to walk dogs and I want to drop the burlap sides down on my shrub covers too, Keeps them from getting weighed down by wet snow. Forgot to do that when we had the snow this week, but it’s melted off now. Supposed to have some wet slushy snow tomorrow. Not much though.

Sun is shining, day has broken, time to get with it. Have a nice day all,
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturdsy, December 2nd

Postby Irmi » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:02 am

Good morning Sue and all!

Sue, the decorations you made for your development are so cute. I wish I had your talent.

It was 71 degrees when I got up and right now it is 80. With the cloud cover we have, I don't expect it to get much warmer.

I just put on a crockpot of Swedish meatballs for the potluck after church tomorrow. I went to the post office a little bit ago to get stamps for the Christmas cards but there were lots of cars in the parking lot so I made a quick turn around and left. I'll try again Monday morning. My music room is calling me so I better get a practice in.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:37 pm

Morning Sue, Irmi and all who follow. Not much left to morning here, but that's ok.

Nothing exciting today. I did pull out a pound of hamburger and will make chili today. I usually do a vegetarian version of chili (but since I have so much hamburger, it's not this time). I hadn't made sloppy joes in forever so made those day before yesterday. I used to love them but not so much anymore. So I froze 4 individual portions and will think of ways to change them up when I use them. Just didn't hit the spot like I was expecting. Haha, maybe I'll thaw 3 of them when my friend Tom visits in January (2 for him). Now to remember to do that!!!

Ty is being weird this morning. He still hasn't finished his breakfast and that's unheard of. But I got out one of his chewable vitamins and he did tricks for that. So I do believe he's tired of the morning meal. His poop is good and otherwise no signs of anything wrong.

I have a couple other projects I want to work on, so should do something while I have the desire lol. It could disappear in no time.

Oh those that ordered covid tests, let me know when you receive them. The past office refused to send them to my address at this park, so I need to have them forwarded and don't want to call my mailing service daily to see if they've arrived. So I'll rely on you lovely women.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:41 pm

Good morning gals!

Beth, I got my Covid tests yesterday. Chili sounds good!

Sue, Sheila had the same thought last night so I will re-answer the question about real estate agents. All but one other home for sale here is listed with the guy I listed with last year. He just sits by the pool or plays golf and rakes in the money from the golf course homes that sell quickly, while the rest of the homes here just sit. He could care less. :roll:

I think I have figured out why I have been feeling "off" lately and having bladder leakage issues. I found a UTI test in my bathroom cabinet last night and tried that. It came back positive for UTI. Years ago when I was younger, I would get acute UTI's with extreme pain, and blood in my urine. I would rush to the Urgent Care ASAP for meds and relief! Over the past several years tho, when I get one, it is very subtle with few obvious symptoms (which is better than the horrible pain! :shock: ). So I need to get some antibiotics for that now.

Got the cats claws clipped last night but not without a fight from both cats! Only got the front ones done on Sophie before she let me know she was over it! I wrap her up in a towel but she manages to get out of it quick!

Got the tree all decorated last night and it is really pretty! Was still upright this morning and no ornaments missing! :lol:

Need to get up and wash my hair, then head over in a couple hours for my burger! Got caught up this morning with my favorite You Tuber videos. Have some emails yet to get caught up on. Also, golf is on so I need to turn that on and see how Tiger is doing. He struggles a little on the second half of the course each day but like he told the interviewers, he is rusty yet. He hasn't played since last spring when he reinjured his ankle and had to have bones fused in more surgery and then relearn how to swing the golf club. I am sure he isn't expecting much right now other than build up stamina and get some more practice in. It is really amazing that he is playing golf at all now. He is still fun to watch!

Have a good day, rain, snow, or shine!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:47 pm

It is cold and damp here and I have no desire to go out again. I drove down to a nearby small town as they were having a Christmas in the Village celebration. I went to one place then picked up lunch at a BBQ stand we like. Well, this time I didn't care for it, I bought the smoked turkey and it was very salty and had a flavor I just didn't care for. Oh well the rest of the things I bought were good.

The conversation yesterday about dry eyes especially after cataract surgery was interesting. I've also had a problem since I had mine done. The eye doctor I see suggested that I soak my eyes at least once a day by wetting a wash cloth with warm water and holding it on my eyes for awhile. It seems to have helped quite a bit.

I think a nap is in order as not much else to do on such a yucky day. Pippa says she will be happy to join me.

I also got my Covid tests this week thank you to whoever posted the link, I think it was Karen.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Afternoon all. Not much going on here today. Weather is chilly out with a breeze. Right now it is 52 but dang chilly out. No rain right now but cloudy.
Just getting ready to have a bit of lunch, then will may some Haystack cookies. I really like them, and only 3 ingredients. My kind of cookie. I am making the Butterscotch, Peanut Haystacks. I might make the Chocolate ones tomorrow. No bake interested me LOL Also making a pan of Lasagna this afternoon, after the cookie making is over. Getting my freezer somewhat manageable but still a work in progress.
Barbie your tree is gorgeous. I am still debating whether I want to do any decorations or not. I will put my tree up because it makes me happy at night LOL It is a small tree that has permanent lights on it. I will put my lights up outside if the weather ever gets better. If not, oh well there is always next year.

Got my Covid tests on Thursday. They said they were mailing them out on the 27th so anyone who ordered them should be getting them. Sue's decorations are always so darn cute. Sandi your pics are awesome. I had never heard of that place so I found it very interesting.

I am off to get some lunch, it is that time again
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:59 pm

Today we’ll drive back to Alice Springs and on to our next adventure here in Australia. So we have to say farewell to beautiful and captivating Uluru. From Alice Springs we’ll fly to Adelaide in the south and take our car on a ferry to Kangaroo Island for several days. There are many different and interesting kinds of animals to see there.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:28 pm

Another gorgeous photo, Sandi!! I am envious of your trip!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:06 am

Thank you for all the responses about the Covid tests. I emailed to have my mail sent this coming week. I only get mail every month or two unless I know there's something I need. Like next month I'll get my car and RV tags (or later this month since I've already paid). Those are due on the vehicles by the end of January. But I didn't want to wait that long in case I need these tests. I heard from a family member that they (husband and wife) have Covid now. It's definitely making the rounds again. My neighbor here is doing better. I saw her husband when I took Ty for his last walk and he tells me she's starting to taste and smell things again.

Sandi, Australia has been a bucket list place for me for over 50 years. I'll never say never, but my chances are getting slim so I'm really enjoying your pics. Thanks
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:09 am

Barbie, it seems unfair that you bought your unit at a price for 12 months of use. By changing the rules to 9 months, the board reduced the value of your property by 1/4. That seems unfair. Your unit should be grandfathered to my thinking or you should be reimbursed for the reduced value.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:38 am

accomplished what I set out to do today so guess it's a winner....
worked a bit on the shrug and afghan I must be in the mood to take out stuff :roll: I had put a row on the afghan always have a single color go through in a specific space put in the color it was suppose to be (it is normally the border color) but thought it was going to be too dark as it was a heather gray then charcoal gray then heather gray decided to put the blue in then the heather gray decided I didn't like it the blue was too pale so took out the two rows and put in the charcoal and then the heather... it's still dark but it looks better but someone slap my hands if I tear out another row unless it's a huge huge error
another neat picture Sandi
since the homes come furnished Barbie perhaps the new daybed will be better than the sagging couch and if there was a slight odor coming in that may have been a turn off as well
so perhaps you have helped unknowingly ... it's still a tough limit put on you all and should be removed but when a rule becomes a rule it's really hard to change it ... I had hopes that when the Canadians came down that you would have a better chance as they are limited on how long they can be out of Canada ...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:47 pm

Irmi, did you know USPS will deliver stamps to your mailbox? I saw an ad from them on Facebook a few days ago for their Chrstmas stamps? Check USPS.com
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee