LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:10 am

Good morning, it is raining this morning so we are much warmer 40. Hope it rains all day LOL Nothing too much on my agenda for today. I was going to take Emma to the groomer but with the mystery respiratory illness right now running rampant we will just stay home and be safe.
Going to shampoo the office carpet as I think it is dry enough for me to scrub it a bit. Then will finish taking the garbage out and keep working on my pantry. I am really trying to scale down the stuff I buy and never use........silly me. I am going to make out a menu weekly and think that will help with grocery shopping and less waste. Not going to be rigid about the daily meals but need to put a list of 3 or 4 things to fix that week. Will see how this plays out ha ha I dont like a calendar with the menu each day because I might not feel like that on that particular day. But to have some choices will work for me.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER

Postby Irmi » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:13 am

Good morning Karen and everyone!

Karen, I need to do something different with our pantries, too. Since we have one in the motorhome and one in the casita, I keep neglecting what we have in the motorhome. Maybe I'll make a list of what we have in the motorhome under one of the magnets on the fridge in there so I'll see it from time to time, but I definitely need to do something different. Sandi, I loved the picture you posted and am looking forward to more.

We woke up to 43 degrees this morning and didn't have any frost, unlike yesterday. It's 67 right now and we could get to or a little above 70. I'm going to make turkey noodle soup for dinner and Saturday, I'll put a crockpot of Swedish meatballs together for the potluck after church.

Don't forget to say Rabbits after midnight or tomorrow morning.
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:40 am

Today my oldest daughter turns 70 years old! I can’t imagine her that old.
We had a nice rain shower last night. I do like the rain and wish we had more!
Thanks Sharon for information on your GD. I do not miss “working “ but I do miss having the latest medical information.
I forgot to mention Sue’s pictures. Keep them coming. Snow is so foreign to me. I kayaked on Lake Superior many years ago. Just in a small roped off area. I wouldn’t like to be there in those waves!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:05 pm

First, I want to mention that I love the latest picture, Sandi. And I look forward to each and every one you share.

It went from sweatshirt weather yesterday to sunshine with high winds today. I made sure to wear a sundress that doesn't blow up. Lol

The tt I didn't go see has lowered his price and I'm reconsidering it. Yes, I can change my mind over and over again. I'll see if someone beats me to it. If not I'll contact him again tomorrow or Saturday (unless I convince myself to stick to my first decision). But I haven't even seen it so I could easily write it off then, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:17 pm

Started to put lights on top part of the tree, but started getting sweaty and don't want another shower before I go out! Never, ever again with tree lights!

Beth, nothing wrong with going to look and might put your mind at ease. Sandi, so looking forward to your photos and stories!

I opened the blinds this morning and was greeted with a bit of snow! Daughter has an after-school meeting then I will pick her up to kill some time before school fund raiser - Bingo and dinner! Should be fun. Winter weather advisory starts a 4 a.m. tomorrow.

Here is the Leavenworth webcam of the trees - pretty wet and ugly at the moment but will be getting better! The trees are decorated differently each year.
https://leavenworth.org/webcams/
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Cold night here last night also. Supposed to warm up rest of the week, especially at night. Today, I took an Uber to Enterprise and rented a car for a week. I originally was going to rent for only 4 days, but it was not much more to do a whole week. Prices for rentals were very high during COVID and until very recently, but they have gone down a bit--not quite original costs, but not too bad. Anyway, there are a lot of places around here I want to go to but can't with a motorhome, so this is an unusual treat for me. Tomorrow, I am going down to Venice to Snook Haven, which is a restaurant but also offers boat tours of the Myakka River, so signed up for that.

Picked up car and got a few groceries, including some stuff from Trader Joe's that I really like. Got everything put away and neatened up some of my mess from yesterday.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:14 am

I bet it feels good Judy to be able to use your fridge...
two pantries Irmi that would be so hard... I think an inventory of the pantry that you use least and kept by the one you use the most would help ... mom's spice cabinet produces like little bunnies .... need to get control of it some how I even have some in a small bin in the bedroom that my dd collected from the trailer as well as some that I've thought sounded good and still need to find a use for them... should write down on a card what's in the bedroom and put it somewhere in the kitchen so I do buy more not needing too... I had to laugh before I went on my trip I saw a recipe for lasagna soup that I saved and it used a special spice right now I don't remember the name of it one of those already mixed up like Italian seasoning googled it found it in a walmart in Keokut Iowa well if I went to Keokut I was going to get it so decided in Washington IA to look at Walmart just in case and they had it so got it .... got back and was looking for something in the spices and there it was.... a couple dollars more but there it was... and as to the recipe I saved it on FB but can't find it I think when it's a reel it goes somewhere else other than into your saved file... but I don't know where to find my saved reels... more than one recipe that I've saved off the reels...
was working on my shrug and got to a point on the row when things weren't lining up so pulled out the row and redid it and still not lining up so pulled out another row and kept looking till I thought I found it a few rows later and put in the row and then I saw another bigger error about the first row into the pattern ugh I hate it when that happens about 10 inches will need to been redone... but once I see them I don't unsee them... really frustrated but I did find the yarn to do the fingerless gloves I think I should be able to do that might do that then go back to the shrug texted my granddaughter but she was working so couldn't really talk as it was going to be easier to talk than text she was suppose to call me when she got out of school... she is going to cosmetology school along with high school will actually graduate cosmetology school before high school... so I didn't work on her afghan as I had a question to ask in regards to it... and didn't want to take out more than one row if need to do any...
even though I mentally knew that today was the last day of the month it hadn't registered that it was the last of of the month and RABBITS tomorrow just need to make sure I don't talk to mom first... usually I am in my room at 11 but with the movies not finishing until 12 I will have to remember too bad I can't use my mailing address for the time...
looking forward to the pictures Sandi .... for some things Australia is fearsome to me... perhaps because of the tales of the really bad creatures they have in abundance ... but perhaps it's different regions
you will make the right decision Beth on the TT
saw an ad in a magazine that sure sounds like fun it was a cruise up the Columbia and Snake River
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:29 am

chalet05 wrote:Started to put lights on top part of the tree, but started getting sweaty and don't want another shower before I go out! Never, ever again with tree lights!

Beth, nothing wrong with going to look and might put your mind at ease. Sandi, so looking forward to your photos and stories!

I opened the blinds this morning and was greeted with a bit of snow! Daughter has an after-school meeting then I will pick her up to kill some time before school fund raiser - Bingo and dinner! Should be fun. Winter weather advisory starts a 4 a.m. tomorrow.

Here is the Leavenworth webcam of the trees - pretty wet and ugly at the moment but will be getting better! The trees are decorated differently each year.
https://leavenworth.org/webcams/

What a beautiful place that must be to live, Anita.

Thanks for sharing.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee