And the snow continues Tuesdsy

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

And the snow continues Tuesdsy

Postby Colliemom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am

Morning all. Bit snowy out there again this morning, but it is supposed to be winding down. I think there’s about 10 inches out there. Figure it will probably start melting once tbe temps get back in the 30’s and we have a day or two of sun. It’s prety out there. But cold.

The weather also forced the ships on the Great Lakes to seek safe harbor from the winds and heavy snow. This picture was taken of Lake Superior from the shore, in the U.P. Shows well what Superior can be like when she turns foul. Actually this lake is an inland sea. Those lakes are not a place lace to be when the Gales of November hit
Image.

So, will be heading out in a bit here to clear the snow. Then come in and Maybe start Diamond Painting. I started putting the drills as the diamonds are called, into the plastic storage bottles from the little bags they come in, last night. Have a bit more to do.

Karen, glad you are feeling better. That’s a good CD rate you found. My credit union has one at 5.25% for 9 months and I’m going to snag that when one of mine comes due in a couple weeks. Had to laugh at your remark about being able to save money now that all your big bills are paid. Ha, we all know sonething comes along and snatches it LOL. Happens to me more tines than not. Beth, I use closed captioning all the time.

Speaking of wreaths. Wreaths across America will be doing 3 cemeteries in the county here next month. They started it a couple years ago. Would love it if they could do the one here where my dad is, but getting in on it’s narrow road with snow is impossible and you can’t park along the main road due to it being on a hill and narrow shoulder. It’s the first Cemetary established here in the late 1800’s and its road is still the original narrow wagon road. Can’t be widened due to the graves along it.

Time to get cleaned up and dressed for the day and get out to work. Have a great day everyone. .
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: And the snow continues Tuesdsy

Postby Redetotry » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:19 am

Good Morning All, Sue your pictures are wonderful thank you. The snow is beautiful but I'm happy it's in your yard and not mine. The photo of the lake was both amazing and scary. When I lived in San Diego we had some unusual high waves and I could only bring myself to view them from a block away. Right now we have sunshine but it's in the 20's. I commented to DH last night that it was a three dog night and when I went to bed Pippa came and jumped on the side of my bed wanting up. I don't let any of them sleep with me but maybe she thought I had changed my mind. :lol: And no I reluctantly didn't give in.
I am especially thankful for the massage therapist I see. I woke up yesterday with terrible pain across my shoulders and the right side of my neck. Luckily I had an appointment with her and today I am so far pain free. I have been very stressed lately so guess it was my body saying enough!!
One technical stress is I am trying to renew my Medical Cannabis card at the government website. AUUUUG I may not have any hair left or will seriously need to partake of the products before this is complete! One thing I have to provide is a letter as to how much Social Security I get. I finally was able to call and after a very long conversation with a 'robot' I will get a letter in the mail within a week. Not holding my breath. There was an option to obtain a copy of the letter online but the website would only bring up my husbands name and I couldn't enter mine. He doesn't receive SS.....
I hope everyone has a good day regardless of your weather!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:47 am

COLD damp freezing fog 26/48 Downright chilly out there. Sue love your snow. I like looking at it but dont want to have to shovel it LOL Fortunately ours never stays for very long and is usually not much down here in the valley. The hills of course get lots more. I got more snow where I used to live but we were 1600 ft and only 550 here. I dont have to drive far to get in the snow zone. That picture of the lake looks very scary. I know we are entering the King tides season. King tides, are forecast to swamp the Oregon coast four times between November 2023 and February 2024 I hope I can get over there to see them.

Feeling better this morning but mornings and evenings seems my nose runs more and more sneezes but I feel good so that is the important thing. I am still waiting for the office to dry up from last weeks leak. I suspect it will be a while, I can still feel the carpet is damp but I have time to let it dry, then will shampoo it.
Emma starts looking at me early evening to go to bed. She wont go without me so she sleeps in her bed here in the family room until I go to bed. She does sleep with me, has since she was 4 months old. Her happy place LOL
I am going to organize and file my stack of mail...sheesh that grows so fast. Then will finish working on cleaning up my computer. It is only 4 years old but they become obsolete so fast and everytime they update the OS seems like it gets slower and slower.
Well off to get busy and tidy up me and the house.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:34 pm

Sue, thanks so very much for the photos!! The snow picture is soothing and calmly beautiful, the lake picture - LOL, not so much!

OMG, I had NO IDEA the lake tides could be so ferocious and scary!! No wonder the Edmund Fitzgerald (and many other ships, to be sure) went down. Those waves must be something to see!! Thanks for sharing!

OregonLuvr wrote:Emma starts looking at me early evening to go to bed. She wont go without me so she sleeps in her bed here in the family room until I go to bed. She does sleep with me, has since she was 4 months old. Her happy place LOL

LOL, Joe starts looking at me to go to be in early evening too. So funny. Until I am ready to go to bed, he usually just sleeps here next to me on the couch (under our shared couch blanket, of course!). And Joe does sleep with me, always has once we first got to know each other (Joe was almost three years old when he came home to me).

Such a comfort to have a nice warm body tucked in close to me on these chilly autumn nights! Such a pleasure!

Only problem being that sometimes here it is a Three-Dog-Night (instead of just a one-dog-night). When those Three-Dog-Nights come, it is time to turn up the furnace a tiny bit!!

One big dog in the bed is enough!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When it's cold, you sleep with one dog in the bed next to you, to keep you warm. Colder is two dogs, one on either side of you. But on a really bitter night, it's a Three Dog Night! One dog on either side of you, and the third dog on top! (LOL - hoping dog #3 is the smaller of the bunch!).

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:48 pm

Sue, you can go to Wreaths Across America, pay for wreath, and they' will place yours when they place others. Many widows do that, ESP when they live a distance from the cemetary.
Those wintery photos were amazing,Sue! Like Was said, lovely to look at snow, dealing with it, shoveling it, driving in it, not so much!
We have dermatology annual check today. I plan to walk 30" before showering for our visit. Probably won't get a lot else done. It's headed to about 60° here today. Chilly but sunny.
Have a good day.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:02 pm

Sue, I love those pictures. I love bright, new, clean snow. So I hope you have many such pics to share during the course of the winter.

Adopting Ty I had no idea where he'd want to sleep. My sis always have slept in bed with me but both Moxie and Peaches slept in corners/at sides and would move when their doors got to warm. Tips would sleep alongside me. Ty immediately slept in the bed and within a couple nights he was sneaking under the covers and sleeping against me. Unless it's to hot, that's where he'll be found every night. Sometimes he hears things outside in the morning and gets up to go look out a window. If I ignore her comes back to bed and if I don't acknowledge him he goes back under the covers. Eventually, when he knows I'm awake and just not getting up, he comes and let's me know it's time. So cute.

I'm pretty much decided I won't be buying a tt this season, but maybe next year. But I'll keep an eye out and if a great deal with everything I'm looking for comes around (like the one I missed last week) I'll jump on it. I highly doubt the one I look at today will be the one. But you never know.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:24 pm

Good morning gals!

Another missed day of putters golf :( . Back is still stiff and sore. I can't bend over very well so when I feed the cats I just fill a cup with food and aim it over their dishes and dump from about 2 feet high, and hope I don't spill too much on the floor! They will eat what misses the dish tho anyways. Cleaning the litter box is a real challenge! Not fun but needs to get done. I really need to get the trash together today. I will put the bags on my deck and see if one of my neighbors can take it to the dumpster for me.

I gave my manager a heads-up about maybe not being able to work on Thursday. :roll: I am better but still can't move too well without pain. Not stabbing pain but just stiff and achy pain.

I also noticed another side-effect from the injection. Bladder leakage! :shock: Haven't had a problem with that before but now for the last week I have been having issues with that. Good thing I have some panty liners here. My surgeon and I have a lot to talk about next week...

One of the ladies at the Thanksgiving table that I know (and was so sweet while I was having my melt-down) came by yesterday and asked me to join the group again for Christmas dinner. The tickets go on sale on Friday morning so she is going to "buy" a table for all of us, so I don't have to go get in line to do that. I just need to pay her the $20 for the ticket. So that was nice! I plan to be much more prepared and organized for that one!

I shredded up some cooked chicken pieces yesterday and mixed them with BBQ sauce and later made some sandwiches with the left over Hawaiian buns I have from the dinner. Very good!

I have been up to the North Shore of Lake Superior during a big storm and it is amazing the size, strength and power of those waves!! There was a beach and picnic area at the campground I was staying at (I was renting a cabin there) and the waves came up and pulled a large heavy picnic table (had the big metal frame on it) into the water and shredded it into toothpicks!

I could have a two cat night but they usually sleep in the bedroom closet. Each one will come up on the bed and lay by me for a little while but not all night and not together. Romeow is still laying next to me or on me, on the couch in the evenings. I think he sees how affectionate Sophie is and realizes he can get the same attention if he gets near me. They are so different tho! He rarely ever meows and she is a little Chatty Cathy! :lol: I feel so blessed that they get along so well tho.

I went to LTD Commodities online yesterday and put a bunch of stuff in my cart that was half price. And that is where it all sits today. Like I used to tell my mom, who was a shopaholic and a sucker for things on sale, "it is all free, if you leave it at the store!" :lol: There was nothing in my "cart" that I had to have, even at a good price. My property taxes are coming due so I can't be spending unnecessary money right now. Especially with missing a couple days of work now. I will put in a request for sick pay for that, (they won't do it automatically :roll: ). The state mandates that all workers get accrued sick pay. And it is a "use it or lose it" thing. But I will still lose out on tips I would have made.

Have a good day! Now I will get up carefully, eat, shower carefully, and work on collecting the trash around here, carefully.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Irmi » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:34 pm

Good afternoon ladies! Sue, that is such a pretty picture of the snow. I've had trouble handling cold weather, even in 1st grade and things have gone downhill since then. But keep posting the pictures for us to enjoy. BJ, I've been having lots of shoulder pain lately, too, but I aggravated my torn rotator cuff a few weeks ago and it's letting me know it. Karen, I have to file my stash of mail, too. I worked in an office most of my life and now filing is something I really dislike. When we had dogs, they always slept with us, but ours were small dogs. Velda, your weather is warmer than ours today. Beth, I'm the same way about putting off pricy purchases, but I hope you find what you're looking for. Barbie, you snuck in before I posted and I hope whatever is going on with you leaves so you can live a normal life.

We woke up to 46 degrees this morning and topped off at 57 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder. Thursday afternoon we're supposed to be close to 80 degrees again. So yes, FL has cold weather, too.

I ordered Christmas cards from Amazon a few minutes ago along with a few other things. Everything should be here by Sunday. So making out Christmas cards will be on my to do list this coming week. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment about an hour south of here and the following day I have lab work about an hour north of here. After the appt. with my PCP, I'll be good to go for 6 months.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Just thought I'd share that after posting here earlier, I texted the man with the tt I was to go see and cxl'd. Since I'm not hurrying I'm going to write down what I really want and unless something ticks most boxes at the right price, I'm not going to pursue it or convince myself on something else. Maybe I'll miss something that would be great, but next year if I haven't bought yet I can wooden the search again.

Right now I'm watching last night's episode of the Voice.i could continue on with tonight's episode but might save it for tomorrow. I wanted one person to move forward on one of the tabs tonight who didn't. So far there's only one I really want on the team competing now so hoping this one gets through. It would be nice to have someone I'd like to continue seeing go forward.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:02 pm

Good evening,

I got a very slow start today, but 3 loads of laundry and part of the lights on the tree at least. The lower branches were back breaking! Also, been texting and talking with my brother about some treatment changes and possible drug trial treatment. The drug is already in use for other cancers.

Karen, I'd like a trip to the coast for those tides. Sue, those waves on the lake are awesome! We have some snow and icy rain predicted Friday and Saturday.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:03 pm

It is 52 degrees right now where I am about 15 miles east of Sarasota, FL. Supposed to go down to 43 tonight, Brrrrr. I have my little electric heater and my rear furnace going right now, and my feet are still cold, but I suppose I could put on a sweater.

By the way, the waves that sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald were 30' high, amazingly. One cause of such big waves is that Lake Superior is long from west to east, so waves have a lot of space to get big in. Another problem is that waves on the Great Lakes tend to be closer together than on the oceans. However, even though Lake Superior is more well known for big storms, there was a storm in Lake Huron in November, 1913, that sunk more than a dozen ships and grounded 17 others. Winds were 90 MPH and waves were more than 35 feet high, and that storm killed 235 seamen.

I am still having sleep problems and am trying to stick to a tighter schedule of getting to bed and waking up at at a specific time each night, but it does not always work because if I don't get enough sleep, it is really hard to get up on time. I did manage to get three big loads of laundry done today, plus changed my sheets and towels and folded almost everything--still got a few shirts to fold.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:56 pm

It was in the upper 60's today and sunny. It's down to 44 now. I went to Lafayette and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant with some friends. This was the second time I have had Mexican food that I didn't like and it was different restaurants. They are putting some kind of red sauce on everything that I don't like. Went to Sam's and got a pecan pie to take to the campout and got gas. Gas was $2.56. That's the lowest I have seen in a long time.

If I ever say I'm going to Hobby Lobby this time of year again someone slap me. I have never seen so many rude people in one place. I had to try 4 carts before I found one that would roll. That's one of my pet peeves, shopping carts with a crazy wheel or one that is hard to push. I found a wreath that I don't think anyone would like enough to take. Just need to find a bow.

Almost every night is a 4 cat night. I usually have to get up to go to the bathroom sometime during the night and CC growls at me for making him move.

Years ago when I was more of a shopper the women I worked with would go to Baton Rouge and make a day of shopping. We knew where the Dillard's outlet was and clothes were marked down about 75%. Harold would tell me that he didn't care if they were giving clothes away I didn't need any. lol I am still wearing some of them even thought some probably need to go in the trash.

Tomorrow I need to get loaded up so I can get on the road Thursday. I think I have everything I need except some 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee. Sam's sells it in half gallon cartons and I don't need that much.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:27 am

called to talk with a dear friend of mine and she was just getting into the shower said she would call when she got out of the shower hmmm very long shower still waiting :lol: she has memory issues as well as health issues so imagine that she totally forgot that I called and didn't think she sounded great when she answered the phone... someday we will get a chance to visit...
sue those were some pictures... that lake was sure angry .... we haven't gotten much snow yet
shadow slept on top of the blankets when it was really cold I tried to cover him up didn't usually stay under them he always joined me on the couch especially for the Sunday afternoon naps...
Karen those tides sound horrendous it would be so neat to see as well
Beth it sounds like you have come to a decision sometimes waiting is the best decision
been working on the shrug it's now 9 inches will grow to 41 inches hmmm think I still have a ways to go
it's suppose to be a summer type shrug but the pattern looked like something I could do ...
Barbie there has been something advertised that you just NEED lol can't recall the for sure name of it but it's a robo cat litter some how it separates the solid and deposits it in the the part that gets removed I can't imagine what it would cost and the space it looks like it will take up :roll:
I heated the pork up in the steamer forgot about the potatoes till it was too late ... it did taste good though
so how long do you keep paid bills? like utilities ect... mom has them from forever
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:24 am

Barbara, I found this great, long handled metal litter scoop on Amazon. Such a back saver. I can't do links on this old iPad, but it's called Yangbaga Metal litter scoop. Handle makes it about 32 in at full length. It has absolutely been a back saver, ESP if I'm in spasm. It's metal with the end for your hand covered in a foam padding. $15 on amazon. If you get it and it's hard to screw the two selections of handle together, get one of your male friends to muscle it. I got one that would not screw together and amazon sent new one. That one was easier, but when I showed the stubborn one to Sean, the handyman,, he muscled it a bit and it went together. Really recommend getting one. Will never wear out and easy to clean if needed. I got a small trash can at dollar store which I store it in and another I put plastic bag in that I scoop into, then just grab bag and tie shut. With one cat, using premium scoop able litter, I only need to dispose of bag weekly. Of course, Stormy eats only meat, so it doesn't stink like cats who eat commercial diet.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Cudedog » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:52 am

MandysMom wrote:Barbara, I found this great, long handled metal litter scoop on Amazon. Such a back saver. I can't do links on this old iPad, but it's called Yangbaga Metal litter scoop. Handle makes it about 32 in at full length. It has absolutely been a back saver, ESP if I'm in spasm. It's metal with the end for your hand covered in a foam padding. $15 on amazon. If you get it and it's hard to screw the two selections of handle together, get one of your male friends to muscle it. I got one that would not screw together and amazon sent new one. That one was easier, but when I showed the stubborn one to Sean, the handyman,, he muscled it a bit and it went together. Really recommend getting one. Will never wear out and easy to clean if needed. I got a small trash can at dollar store which I store it in and another I put plastic bag in that I scoop into, then just grab bag and tie shut. With one cat, using premium scoop able litter, I only need to dispose of bag weekly. Of course, Stormy eats only meat, so it doesn't stink like cats who eat commercial diet.
Velda

Velda, how are Stormy's teeth?

I have fed my Joe a home-made diet for many years, raw meat and fruits/veggies (dogs are omnivores, cats are not, as you know). He is a bit "older" now, and although I do brush his teeth, his teeth seem not to get the terrible build-up of tarter that seems to come with aging and commercial diets, and he doesn't have yucky "dog breath" either.

His poops are different as well - always smallish and firm, and not as loose and stinky as on commercial foods.

Hey there, Ladies! See! We can talk about almost anything on here! I am proud to show the way!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So jump right in!

(Velda, I am intending no disrespect to you. Just trying for a bit of humor.).

Nice find on the cat scoop! If I had a cat, I am sure I would get one. Actually it might also work for dogs because of the long handle - so if my current scoop wears out, I'll probably get one of these.

Anne

https://www.amazon.com/Yangbaga-Detachable-Stainless-Non-Stick-Bending/dp/B07RHSJ3FP/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=S03Y3KMROT6E&keywords=Yangbaga%2BMetal%2Blitter%2Bscoop&qid=1701272480&sprefix=yangbaga%2Bmetal%2Blitter%2Bscoop%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Next

Return to Morning Coffee