And the snow continues Tuesdsy

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: And the snow continues Tuesdsy

Postby Redetotry » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:24 am

Quote from Anne
Quoting Anne.
"I have fed my Joe a home-made diet for many years, raw meat and fruits/veggies (dogs are omnivores, cats are not, as you know). He is a bit "older" now, and although I do brush his teeth, his teeth seem not to get the terrible build-up of tarter that seems to come with aging and commercial diets, and he doesn't have yucky "dog breath" either. "

Anne, I'm all for home cooking if that is ones choice but it is really something that I think needs a lot of research as feeding homemade dog food is very controversial. Here is an article from UC Davis about why if you do make their food you should know what vitamins and minerals you need to add.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/homemade-d ... tudy-finds
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:53 am

Interesting about dogs meals. I do not enjoy cooking either for dogs or humans. I decided to try “Farmers Dog”
Although this is expensive, Hazel eats only 3/4 cup per day so decided it was worth it. Had her to the vet yesterday and she she has not gained weight. As she is peppy on our walks I figured she was getting her nutrients.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:20 pm

Just wanting to respond to some comments on here from Tuesday...

Irmi, I have been to FL many times in January to visit a good friend of mine for my birthday and believe me, I know how cold it can get there! We went to Universal Studios once and had 3 layers on and still were freezing! Those who were down from the northern states were wearing their winter jackets, mittens and earmuffs! The next day we went to SeaWorld, It was slightly warmer but no one wanted to sit under the roofs over the seating areas by the pools because we all wanted to sit in the sun. The carts the vendors use to sell ice cream treats were being used to serve hot chocolate! One year we went to Daytona Beach and were determined to lay out by the pool along the beach at our hotel, to get some sun. We had our towels wrapped around us for warmth and finally gave up after about 15 minutes of shivering! I know there was a GTG with the gals on here where they got snow in January. They made a little snowman on the picnic table! :lol:

Martha, our gas is $2/gln higher than yours right now and I thought ours was a good price! I rarely buy clothes. Occasionally a cute t-shirt. I don't own a lot of clothes anyways but like what I have and wear things for ever until they fall apart.

Sheila, those automatic litter boxes cost between $400 and $500, so nope, not in my budget! When my back feels good, scooping isn't a big deal. I use a new litter called Hardball and the pee and poo turn rock solid from it. The only complaint I have about the litter is when it gets tracked out on the floor, it is really sharp and hurts my feet! I have a rug out in front of the box to catch most of that but some gets past it.

Velda, I will check out that long litter scooper! I hadn't heard about that before. I usually scoop each days "stuff" into a zipper freezer baggie and put it in a small covered trash can so the smell isn't noticeable.

Lyn, glad Hazel is doing well!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee