Snowy Last Monday of November

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Last Monday of November

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am

Good Morning from the snowy 45th. Started snowing a very fine snow around 3 a.m. Sunday. Got about 2 inches over the course of the day. Temp was around the freezing mark, so it was very fine. It’s now turning over to lake effect as the storm pulls away and that stuff piles up. There’s about 3.5 inches on my deck railing. Temp is 24°. Wi ter Weather Advisory in effect till 7 p.m. tonight. Good dsy to stay beside and not be on the roads if you don’t have to. I need to go down the road here and put neighbors trash out at the house I watch and mine as well. That’s first chore today after I get dressed for the day. I’ll shovel my walk from house to garage and deck while I’m out.

Cleaning bathroom and kitchen, running vac and baking dog biscuits are on today’s agenda. Will grab a pic of the Christmas decorations out front when I go by the entrance today. Diamond painting is laying under a board on my table getting flattened out good. Will sort the drills as thry call the diamonds (actually small fine beads). Am ordering a magnifying kit that you can wear on your had and has lens that magnify whatever you want to read or are working on. https://visionaidmagnifier.com/products ... 3990880507

Lyn, I hear ya about cars not watching for pedestrians. I’m always careful if I have to cross a street or coming out of store entrances like Mejer or Walmart. I shake my bad at people who are jabbering on their cell phone while walking to the store and not paying any attention to the vehicles around them. Some drivers think those stop signs don’t apply to them. Barbie, houses are selling slow here too right now. Holidays have people busy with other things unless they have to move right now. House down the road from me has been sitting for a month now, but most of us think it’s overpriced. I”’m getting a chuckle out of cats and Christmas trees. I’ve heard some stories over the years too. Puppies are good for those antics too.

Need to get moving here. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Last Monday of November

Postby Cudedog » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:34 am

Colliemom wrote:Am ordering a magnifying kit that you can wear on your had and has lens that magnify whatever you want to read or are working on. https://visionaidmagnifier.com/products ... 3990880507

Good morning, Sue, and all who follow. Must be lovely (and cold!) out your way this morning.

I checked on the link about your magnifiers. LOL, I have been using the "regular magnifiers" (just like those in the photos) the ones that are labeled "cumbersome, no light, strong distortion" for a great many years in my jewelry making hobby. I have had them at least fifteen years.

https://www.riogrande.com/product/donegan-optivisor-magnifiers-with-single-lens/113199GP/?code=113200

I especially like these because they are supported by an (adjustable) band around my head, rather than resting on my nose like eye glasses do. This makes them very comfortable to wear - at least for me. I can and do wear them for hours and hours at a time.

I have never had a problem with them having/being "cumbersome, no light, strong distortion". I have found them to be sturdy, comfortable and lightweight (no distortion at all - although these do come in different magnifications, so one has to be careful in ordering - at my rock club they had several pairs of these, so I was able to try several on to find the best magnifying-fit for my needs), well made and without a lot of moving parts.

The only problem I have had is that I sometimes lose them! :roll: :lol:

Hope that this new design you are ordering work out for you. Would be interested in your report, as I am always interested in something new.

Thanks!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:24 pm

Good morning. Chilly here too 27 and foggy. Feels so damp out there. So will just be puttering in the house today. I dont have any major projects going on yet. I am feeling better. Dont know if I just have a cold, flu or rsv. What I do know is my Covid test is negative so guess it doesnt matter. I am staying home anyway which is the same treatment for all four. That and just treating the symptoms.

Sue is busy as ever. Me, not much this week. Going to finish cleaning up my laptop, getting rid of junk and things I dont use and hopefully that might solve some of my issues. If not I will be getting another laptop, not an expensive one because I dont do much on it anyway. Email, Facebook, Banking, recipe book, etc No gaming for sure. I do play a couple facebook games but I mean the intense gaming people do. I dont usually watch movies or stream much except Youtube on my laptop, otherwise I use my smart tv.

The Vision kit is way cheaper on AMAZON. Got good reviews too so might work dandy for you.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Anne, I have two pair of the type you have, which are 40+ years old and work fine. I keep one in living room, one in bedroom- Mel used them for years, in his vocation then hobby of tiny, fine electronics. I use them for more general purposes. I've gotten tired of everything today needing batteries, with the cost then annoyance of special disposal and damage to environment. Then there are the installed lithium type, and when they no longer charge, your item needs to be tossed, even if it would work fine if you could put in a new rechargeable battery! When I can, I'm choosing the no battery option. And those magnifiers are a good example! I really like mine.

It's a chilly , but sunny, Monday. Weather thing just moved from 49 to 50°. Have various chores to get busy on. Tomorrow we both have annual dermatologist visit then Thursday I finally see eye Dr after the SNAFU over appointment location (the clinic scheduled me for wrong location, but never told me).
I didn't even do much Black Friday shopping this year, and that was solely sitting at laptop to shop! I won't even go to the big mall here- there have been at least 2 reports of armed robberies of shoppers in parking lot, police report, and they have few leads , so far as to if they were same people or unrelated.

As to NightOwl,status (me not the LTV), I've always been one. I even volunteered for night shift at work. That was convenient when boys were young- I was at work overnight and arrived in time to finish getting boys ready and to school. Mel got them up and breakfast, and left as I arrived home. I'm trying to get to bed earlier, but keep falling asleep in my recliner, from the BP RX I'm taking. It's annoying because I move to my bed to sleep, then wake each morning around 7-8 and can't get back to sleep. What used to irritate me was people calling during day, who knew full well I worked nights, then the attitude of, well now you're awake, we can talk anyhow. And I was supposed to later recall what was said! A favorite line to businesses who did that, was- give me your number and I'll call you back at 03, when I'm on break at work! They often spluttered- but I'll be asleep, before pausing realizing I just told them they woke me during my night (their day)!
Have a good day and week everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby chalet05 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Good morning,

I had to set an alarm so I'd be sure to get up. Took son-in-law to get his vaccinations - he's not a fan of needles and worries about immediate reaction to vaccine. So many areas look like they've had snow, but it's just heavy frost not getting sun to melt it. Really pretty up one road.

The play yesterday Pride and Prejudice was a comedy rendition and was good. First experience with hearing aids, and I wasn't thrilled with screaming characters and words I missed. Learning curve.

So many people bring their dogs when they shop in Leavenworth. Someone did a FB post encouraging people to leave them home, not letting them drink out of water bowls stores put out, etc. I hope all your fur babies stay safe! Sheila, I talked to the mom upstairs Labor Day weekend when they moved in. There was so much noise, I went to ask her if she needed help with something, so she is aware. Apparently, the manager said something to her, and she got mad.

Now feel like I have deadlines with Christmas coming so better find some ambition!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:00 pm

Anne, I will give you a review after I’ve used this for awhile. I watched some hobby videos of people who have them and also looked at reviews. I looked at the ones like you have, but I wear glasses and those are not really designed for that. Plus this company backs products .

Velda, I could have gotten the set with USB to recharge the light, but didn’t want to. I don’t expect to go through batteries fast, as I probably won’t need that light that much. It can act as a headlamp too. I have a lot of light over my table. The majority of my tools are battery operated. I can recycle batteries easily here. One never knows what in store from day to day. Like when the tornado hit Gaylord, it took out our power for a bit over 2 days. My battery operated lights were my source of light at night. i didn’t have the generator then. I need to get a solar charger for my phone, IPad etc. Those who have electric cars will have batteries needing replacement in time, so batteries will never go away. I still have oil lamps in my basement from the years up here when power would go out every tine a branch fell. Just call it being prepared for different situations.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:48 pm

It was in the 50's here today which would be fine but the wind made it feel downright cold. Lol. Didn't I just say I'd not complain about the weather anymore. I obviously just went back on my word.

Anita, I'd love to go to plays again. Movies and plays just lose me. I did go to several plays when I was in the Black Hills and enjoyed the ones I was most familiar with. But both plays and movies are hard with my hearing loss. But I haven't totally given up Well movies I wait until I can stream then and use closed captioning.

I tried to go see a tt less than 10 miles away. The owner and I misunderstood and he wasn't home. I wasn't sure I found his home because a dog was protecting the property and I couldn't see the tt from outside it. The owner texted me full of apologies and we're going to try for the same time tomorrow. It has plusses and minuses and I already know not to expect it to look like the pictures. But maybe I'll be surprised. Lol I found one closer to perfect (by pictures) but about 5 hours away. So that's out of my checking it out distance. Then there's another in my radius that has the layout I want, but had a baby fridge and I don't see a way to get a bigger one. Or a place to put a second fridge. I'm still contemplating going to look at that one to make sure.

And that's my exciting day today. Oh, I did purchase another CD that had a higher rate. Who's have thought that a bank would do a good rate for cyber Monday. But it worked and I bought.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:23 pm

Joy, Joy Monday night football. :twisted: There is so little I can find to watch on Direct that I'm thinking about canceling it.

I had to go to town to pay an insurance bill that was due on Saturday. :shock: When I was coming home from the last campout I picked up the mail at the post office and that mail never made it in the house. I was looking for something yesterday and found it. I saw a heeler at an animal shelter East of here on Facebook and went to see her. If the shelter would have answered their phone they could have saved me a 80 mile trip. The dog was a cute little thing but deaf and not cat friendly.

Sheila, I'm thinking that if I put an expensive wreath on my son's grave it could disappear. I'm going to Lafayette tomorrow so I'll look at Hobby Lobby. I would like to put something on Harold's ex-wife's grave too since her kids never put anything. She is eligible for one of the free head stones you can get from the military. All you have to do is apply for one but they never have.

Barbie, hope you get to feeling better. I am always looking for things. My glasses top the list. I can have something in my hand and forget where I put it down and spend 30 minutes looking for it. I was looking all over for my Vivo Fit the other day. I was looking for it with a black band and forgot I had changed it to a white band. :roll:

Rascal is sitting in my lap and alternating between licking my arm and bitting me. lol Inky came in hopping on three legs and holding his front paw up. Guess he has been in a fight. Hope he doesn't get an abscess.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:40 pm

Good evening, I am feeling so much better tonight so by tomorrow I will pronounce myself cured. I really am not a good sick person and I wasnt even that sick LOL
I tend to misplace many things also. I do put my keys back on the hook as soon as I get home and try to put my glasses in their case and in the same spot always. I have a couple pair of glasses, one for the family room and one for the bedroom. As for the rest of the stuff I can have it one second and two seconds later I cannot find it. Especially screwdrivers and flashlights...it is a given I will need 2 o3 of each one during a repair or project.
Beth good luck with your tt hunting. I bought another CD today too awesome rate of 5.75% I couldnt resist. Best rate I have found so far.
Will be able to save money for a few months as I have all my big bills ie: taxes, house insurance paid for the year. Car insurance comes up end of March. So no big expenses (fingers crossed) until next November.
Martha I dont have any cable or satellite services now for a while. I had YoutubeTV but now get the local news from a dumb little antenna and stream all the other stuff. I have more to watch than I can ever accomplish. So many free tv shows, movies, sports etc I dont even watch that much tv, mostly afternoons or evenings just depends. Well that is my plan for right now, find something on the boob tube.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:32 am

we are at 16 F but then it is 11:00 P.M. :lol: not sure what the temp went to think I saw it at 35 perhaps... sometime this afternoon did make it to the store... did spend lots of money didn't even get meat what the heck!!! I think tomorrow I'm going to figure out how to reheat this cooked pork loin,,, think I'm going to put it in the oven maybe even in a bag at a low temp and then shred it and add barbecue sauce and have that on buns tomorrow I also read a way to roast potatoes so that they are nice and crispy but soft in the center thought I would try it ... I should have gotten some meat just didn't think about it so ... perhaps I will organize the freezer and see what is in there.. hopefully will find some room by doing that and finding meat that I know I have like I'm sure there is in there somewhere a thin cut of beef that would make a beef stir fry should have gotten the peppers as well what I get for going to the store without a list
worked on the shrug as well as the afghan
about the only thing I do "gaming" wise is forty thieves on my laptop
my granddaughter is graduating on the 15 of Dec from University would like to go down but I've gotten chicken when driving in what could be in climate weather if someone can go with me then I will go but if not then guess I will miss this one...I really try to make it to the high school graduations... I think this is the 1st college graduation that I've had come to think about it so perhaps I ought to check things out more perhaps look into the bus but I take so much stuff that I don't really want to take the bus... I wouldn't be able to take my concentrater so guess that means public transport is out...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 am

Sue, remember, I said I have had the magnifiers like Anne showed, for 47 years. i wore glasses up until late 2019- and used that type magnifier with glasses until then without issue. Not sure why you think using one with glasses is a problem, because I never considered it to be an issue at all. Mel bought them years ago Because they fit amd worked over his glasses!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee