Thanksgiving Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Thanksgiving Day

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:58 pm

Bethers wrote:Anne, the women's group was originally on another platform. Some random man was the moderator for our group which made no sense and he just liked to cause trouble. Make us look stupid or threaten to boot us for no good reason. So we talked and I researched options and voila, this forum came to be. (And that one died a quick death.)

Interesting story!

How long has the Forum been in existence? I can see that I have been a member for 11 years (! :o ) come January, but I know it was around a long time before that.

Gads, I find that I am really missing Shirl on here. I know that she moved in with her daughter, but I was really hoping that she would come back on here after she got settled.

Have you heard anything from her, Beth?

And Tina! Anyone heard anything from Tina? I really miss her too.

Thanks.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 pm

Good evening, nice quiet day here. Having a reaction from my RSV vaccine today. Started this afternoon, mild headache, chilled, just kind of achy all over. Nothing drastic it can just go away for tomorrow. I read up on it, thought it would be the next day like the Covid was. My arm was sore on Tuesday but again nothing drastic.
Said it takes a while for the antibodies to get busy. Like I said nothing drastic, going to take a couple of Tylenol and call it good. Will go to bed early and hopefully be just dandy tomorrow. I had to smile when they said people are getting "needle fatigue" no kidding. People are getting tired of so many damn vaccines.
Hope you all had a great day and ate some wonderful food. I had hot soup for dinner, tasted good, just not up to par yet. Now I am going to go to bed and watch some tv and turn on my electric blanket.

Edit I belonged to Open Road Singles and met alot of people on there, some are still on here some have gone poof. I tried the other forum and I did not like it one bit but I was late to the game and Beth was starting this one up, I jumped on it. And I love it to this day. It isnt perfect but suits my purposes.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:09 pm

The forum in this existence came into being in July 2008, I believe.

I've seen Tina logged in here occasionally without posting. I check in with Shirl every couple weeks (trying not to be pushy). I feel like she needs us but we can't force her. That said I keep hoping she'll do back in here. I know with the changes in my life and aging, this group helps me keep my sanity no matter what's happening.

Karen, if it wasn't for ORS, I wouldn't have found the old women's group and this wouldn't exist. That was my first introduction to groups. My first gtg was at Soos's property in the Adirondacks and I believe the first time I was hearing people throwing around comments like I could be heading into a trap or getting murdered, etc.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:44 pm

Yup I joined July 2008 so been here awhile LOL I didnt post much when I was out working but now that I am retired I enjoy all the interactions. Love reading about others also, even if only a few words. I am looking forward to 2024
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:47 pm

Soo's always sounded like a hoot but I never got to meet her.

When I started meeting up with women I met online to camp my son had something to say about it. I wouldn't let him go to an Anime Convention in Ohio but I was meeting up with women I didn't know. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:52 pm

I miss Shirl and hope she'll return when she's settled. Her lease isn't up until next month so maybe the move has been an ongoing project.

Must have been 2005 when I joined Open Road Singles (thanks, Karen, I couldn't remember what it was called). Didn't join here until 2011 after a Pennsylvania GTG Beth held. Since I met Irmi there, I learned more about this forum. I know I met Shirl and Paulette there and had previously met Liz. Think maybe that's the first time I met Beth as well.

Thanksgiving was still too much food and there's never room for dessert by the time I'm ready to come home. :) Understand my Kansas grandson has arrived safely in Vietnam and will be there 1-2 years tutoring.
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all
I too am so grateful for this group of women... I think in the original forum there was a general and the men got tired of the women asking questions that they did a separate forum for the women and we were in it for some years... I always looked forward to being on it to visit with you all
we went to #2 dd's house had six of my grandkids there and my 2 great grands...
it was a good time I brought home some fruit salad mashed potatoes dressing and the pink stuff it's a jello based with cool whip really good but that is what they call it the pink stuff :lol: and of course stuffed pickles oh and deviled eggs my son sent a Tic Tok where this guy is now calling deviled eggs "Satan's Eggs of Delight" thought it was rather funny dd mentioned on FB that she saw a sign selling Butt Nuggets :lol:
If I was smart and since I've seen this movie I would go and go to my room as I've not read scriptures yet but I've never been called smart... :roll:
Karen that is the name of the cheese
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby dpf » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a late dinner at my son’s house. He had smoked a turkey and it was delicious as were all the sides. My suggestion to those of you who end up taking most of your contribution to a potluck home with you is take the grape salad! I usually take home an empty or near empty bowl. A couple of weeks ago there was a huge funeral at a local church that has dwindling membership so there are few people to donate food for the luncheon after the service. A friend of mine is a member and I offered to bring a salad. I made the grape salad and the next day had three phone calls asking for the recipe.

I am also very thankful for this group. I miss many of the people who used to post too. We were weekend warrior campers so I never made it to a get together. But I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone who came and stayed at “Camp Cihak” for a day or two. Several people were camping in Mitchell or Yankton and I went to meet them.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee