Thanksgiving Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thanksgiving Day

Postby Colliemom » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:24 am

Happy Thanksgivng everyone. I am so blessed to have discovered this Forum back when I was thinking of getting an RV. Over the years I learned a lot from many of you who were on the Forum at the time and those who still are. I consider all of you my friends, whether or not we have met in person or online. Many friendships have been forged here over the years. I’m also very grateful to you Beth, for having started it all. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving everyone, no matter what you will be doing this day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Thanksgiving Day

Postby Pooker » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. You said it well, Sue, we are all blessed to have each other.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving ladies~~~
Enjoy your day, eat what you want and savor family and friend memories, especially the pumpkin or pecan pie. ;)
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Irmi » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am blessed to have so many friends here on the forum.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:22 am

Good morning, Hope everyone enjoys their day today, I will just have a nice peaceful quiet day, The neighbors invited me over but I am pretty happy just to hang out here by myself. Some people think that is a bad thing but I really am pretty much a loner and enjoy my own company. I like hearing and reading about all your adventures today.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:31 am

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for this wonderful group of women. But I don't feel I started it. I was simply lucky enough to have the knowledge to put this together when that idiot of a guy was ruining the women's forum we were in originally. Doing this was a joint effort and everyone of you makes it what it is today. Aging, just like we are lol

Karen, I'm already in enough trouble in this park for not joining enough things. So I'll go to today's dinner. And everyone, laugh away that I made something I won't even eat. Hopefully they will as anything left over is not coming home with me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:35 am

Good Morning to all and Happy Thanksgiving. Bought groceries yesterday and the checker noticed I Didn't buy any turkey, So he asked if we were going somewhere for dinner. Told him Nope, not unless we went to Denny's. He said when you get your receipt turn it over there is a coupon for 20% off at Denny's on the back. I like their turkey dinner so just might go there. Bill was up when I got up at 6:00 said he felt fine, but now he is back in bed. Sure wish this long Covid crap would go away. Getting cold here at night now. In a couple of days will be down in the 30's at night.
Have a great day every one. I remember when YOU started this Beth. Haven't been on Blue Voda in years. I remember all the help I got from you and the others way back then. Thanks again.
asirimarco

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I too will be spending the day alone as the dinner was canceled by the hostess who had surgery. I have reached the point where I am thankful I don’t have to cook anymore, and, don’t particularly enjoy large crowds. I believe I am becoming a recluse and enjoying it! As long as I have a book to read!
I am thankful for this forum as I can visit you all without going anywhere!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:59 am

Thank you Sue, Evie, IrishIRoamed (I never can remember everyone's names on here, sorry!), Irmi, Bethers, Karen, Lyn, Asrimarco, and all who follow.

None of you will ever know how very much this forum has meant to me over the years. It inspired me to convert my van to a nice camper, and, later on, to get my poor little trailer that has only been used a couple of times. And to have many travel adventures.

Your combined voices have kept me going, and given me hope, on even the darkest of days.

For this forum, and for each and every one of you, I am truly thankful - beyond measure.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a member of this forum.

Friends are friends, wherever and however we might find them: Treasure beyond price.

Thank you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I’ll be heading to my daughter’s in the early afternoon. I’m also so thankful for this group of wonderful ladies. I was saved many times when I bought my RV having never stepped inside one before. I love to check in everyday to see what you’re all doing.

I also have exciting plans coming up as my daughter and I are heading to Australia for a little over two weeks on Monday. I’ll try to send you all some pics of our adventure.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Othersharon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Well said, Sue. I am also glad I happened upon this wonderful group when I did. You all have been so encouraging and uplifting throughout this time I have known all of you some in person and some online. Going to have dinner with oldest son and family this afternoon. Early dinner so they can leave to drive to Allentown to prepare for GD’s second laser surgery tomorrow. Have a good day and enjoy it.
Othersharon

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! I was on the singles' forum long before I came here. The man that used to run this has been mentioned lately and I'd love to know the story. So grateful to be part of this group.

Sandi, have a wonderful trip! Excited for you. I'm pretty much a recluse, too, but making plans for summer to get out and about. Surprised dinner won't be until 5 and then it's Seahawks football game. They are not very exciting this year.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:32 pm

chalet05 wrote:Happy Thanksgiving! I was on the singles' forum long before I came here. The man that used to run this has been mentioned lately and I'd love to know the story.

I would love to hear the story too! I have been on here for many years; this is the first time I had heard that a man was originally in charge of our group!!

Come on, Beth, Spill!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:44 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! This forum has been a blessing to me too. So much friendship. It seems like when you lose your husband you lose the friends you both had. I don't remember how I found the first forum I was on. I remember there was some trouble but don't remember about what. Your secrets are safe with me, I won't remember them. lol

I am happy to spend time alone and not be involved in a big crowd. My ex-SIL had invited me to her Thanksgiving but my sister said she called it off.

I bought one of the small Butter Ball turkey roasts. All I could find were the Cajun Style so washed off as much seasoning as I could before I baked it. I usually use one of the stove top stuffing mixes and add onions, a boiled egg and some chicken meat to help it. This time I found a new one by Tony Chachere's. I didn't like it, too spicy. Heated part of a sweet potato casserole and heated some green beans. Now I feel like a stuffed turkey.

Beth, I'm kind of over pot lucks too. We use to do a pot luck for the big Christmas Campout and there was 3 tables of food. Now the host makes a gumbo and we make a donation. I'm happy for someone else to do the cooking as long as they want to.

The Thanksgiving Parade has me confused. First it was on ABC then later it was on CBS and now it's on NBC. It's on in my office so I have just been in and out and watched a little of it. Is this all the same parade? I haven't seen anything repeated but haven't really watched a lot of it.

It has been raining lightly all morning and it's 57. Glad to get the rain but sunshine would be nice.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:43 pm

I ate too much. The park provides turkey and ham. I refilled my plate with a piece of ham, mashed potatoes and stuffing covered with gravy, a broccoli dish and a roll and that's tomorrow's meal. I was right, there was so much to eat and no one had a clue what my dish was, so it didn't get eaten. It's made with pumpkin and cream cheese and Ty loves pumpkin so I looked up online and it ok for him to get some. So he's getting a tablespoon or two with his dinners for probably several days lol I'm not s pumpkin fan, but tastes it and it was actually pretty good. That said, I'll stick with common things for this place. I had it served with Ginger snaps. I thought those would be a treat for me, but guess what? I'm not a fan of those either lolol And Ty doesn't get those so they'll probably end up in the garbage. Or I'll see if my neighbors might like them first.

I've been binging CSI NY for several days and continuing tonight. But I have last night's episode of the Voice to watch also. Usually I'm only interested in the first few episodes when they have to listen without seeing the people but for some reason I'm wanting to follow through on a few people this season.

Anne, the women's group was originally on another platform. Some random man was the moderator for our group which made no sense and he just liked to cause trouble. Make us look stupid or threaten to boot us for no good reason. So we talked and I researched options and voila, this forum came to be. (And that one died a quick death.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Morning Coffee