TUESDAY NOV 21st

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: TUESDAY NOV 21st

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:27 pm

I just got the tail end of the weather last night and all the bad storms were North of here. It blew through in about 30 minutes but I did get almost an inch of rain. The high today was 67 and now it's 55. I had to turn the heat on.

Karen, glad you could get your leak fixed and not have to wait a week. Plumbers are an independent bunch. What did they expect you do do, turn the water off for a week. I got my electric bills today and am wondering if there is a leak at the barn. I get 5 bills and they just changed the meters so I will have to go get the new numbers. The only thing on the barn meter is the well and the bill is usually about $30 and it's $60.

Judy, glad you got your repairs made. It will be nice to have a refrigerator again. I'm going to quit putting anything heavy in my door.

I wanted to go to the feed store to get some cat food. The brand I usually get has a recall so had to get a different brand. Hope it's not like the dollar store cat food that the cats won't eat. Spoiled cats! Went to Walmart to get my RSV shot. They are out of the small turkey roasts so guess it's a TV dinner. They did have some completely cooked turkey breasts that were frozen. I have never seen that before. I didn't have a list and forgot the potatoes. :roll:

I didn't sleep well last night and if there weren't 3 cats on the bed I would lay down. I can't go to sleep this early or I will wake up and be up all night again.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:51 am

I'm not sure what the temperature was I saw 17 but not sure if that was last night or this morning ... either way it's cold when I came out of the store the parking lot was in the shadow of the mountain and a stiff breeze and it was cold going to the car...
got fruit for the fruit salad had to laugh I've been seeing mention of a squash that I thought I would look for to be far in my mind I pictured patty pan is that the name of it size of squash so today there was a produce guy out and it wasn't busy so decided to ask him if they carry it and I just didn't know where to look for it he said no that the only squash they had at this time was the usual acorn butternut and spaghetti so he looked up in google squash that starts with a D as I couldn't pronounce the name so he should me the name they pulled up delocata and asked if that was the name I said yes... he said we did have it at Halloween ... put with the decorative gourds ect they didn't know it was eatable I just really had to shake my head later... I wonder if they will start googling something that they don't know... so many of the employee's are Hispanic hard working polite but I think that they don't always look at somethings ... like changing the price on things when the price changes and you get a surprise at the register
good news Judy that the fridge is fixed and the window mirror is done...
it's are to recall all that was said and I could go look but it's late... I totally enjoyed all that was posted Karen that worked out well for you so glad that it was fixed as soon as it was...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:39 am

I made my banana blueberry bread today. It is good but I think the flavors competed and it didn't have a lot of flavor either way. But with butter on it, wasn't too bad.

Tonight I felt flushed on my face and warm all over. I looked in the mirror and my face was all red! I googled side affects of the shot and that is one of the common side affects. Nothing too serious but I had a splitting headache with it. Put a cold wet washcloth on my face and neck for awhile and it gradually got better. I am going to call the clinic in the morning just to find out more about that. I did read that people who have an allergy reaction to sulfa drugs are more prone to that reaction from the epidural injection, which I have.

My agent called tonight and said he got a call from a guy who is interested in renting my place. I told him that isn't an option for me because I need the money from the house to buy the RV. He was kind of pushing the idea but I told him that I would have done that a year ago if there was a way to do it. Besides the guy only had $1700 to pay per month and I could rent this out for $2100 per month no problem, but then I would be living in my car instead of an RV. :roll:

Karen, thanks for the test link. I ordered the kits. I used up my last one a few weeks ago when I had that cold.

Watched a little TV tonight and am in bed now. Need to get to sleep soon!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee