Monday, November 20th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, November 20th

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:58 am

A cheery Good Morning from the 45th. Probably should have said Chilly Good Morning, as it’s 19° currently.

Pat, good to hear from you. You are certainly a busy lady. Hard to believe how fast the grands are growing and into sports and horses. O’Sharon, you could try a trick I used when I put my trailer cover on depending on how big your cover for Lola is. I used to lay my trailer cover off in spring and fold it inside out, bringing the sides in to the middle lengthwise and folding them again, then rolling the cover up starting from the front to the back, when I put it away for summer. In the fall, I would back my truck up to the trailer to give me some leverage because of the trailer height, put the cover in the truck bed, and unroll part of the back, tie a rope around that end, long enough to go over my trailer lengthwise and throw the rope over the trailer ( I put a little something in it to act as a throwing weight) and made sure it went over top of my AC so the cover wouldn’t snag in it. Then I just went around the back of trailer, pulled on the dangling rope and pulled the cover across the top of trailer. Once I got it even Steven on both ends, it was just a matter of using the ladder to go around and pull the sides down. Folded right, it was easy. Just a suggestion.

Got the garland on the sign posts yesterday and almost finished with the painting of last cutout. But this morning I’m heading for Houghton Lake. In the mood for a drive and want to get my tires rotated at my favorite tire shop, pop into the Walmart and also the Craft store. And probably have lunch out. But first need to put trash out for myself and a neighbors.

So, hope you all have a nice day :D
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Monday, November 20th

Postby Irmi » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 am

Good morning Sue and all!

Sue, that is a neat idea about how to put a trailer cover on alone! You're the type of person where if anyone needs to know how to do something, contact Sue! Pat, is was so good to hear from you!

It was 59 degrees here when I got up and a very heavy fog rolled in. And now 5 hours later, the sun has broken through the fog and it is 69 degrees. We should get into the low 80's later on with lots of sunshine.

We'll run into town to get the ingredients for the side dish we're taking for dinner at the clubhouse Thursday. Saturday, Steve will cook a turkey for us on his Big Green Egg and I'll make whatever sides we decide to have. We love having leftovers for future meals. I need to get busy around so I wish all of you a good day.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:19 pm

OK someone tell me where November went geez. Almost December. It is very cold this morning 36, foggy, and a light breeze. Need to get out my long undies. I have to go to town this morning for my vaccine. Will stop at the Dollar Tree after that and pick up Kleenex and a couple of other things. That will pretty much take care of my morning.
I had a car cover once for my SUV.....would never attempt to cover my Motorhome, it was way too big and the car was bad enough. Gave that up quickly. Gave it away as quick as I could.
OK so stir fry for lunch since I didnt make it yesterday as the donuts got me, I am so over the donuts, gave the last 2 away. Now I need a healthy meal today.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:00 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Got up really early this morning. Walked up to the front gate and sat in the guard house chatting with the security officer who is a super nice guy. (If he wasn't married, I would be after him!), while waiting for my manager to pick me up. She was right on time.

We got to the surgery center a half hour early. Got called back just after 8 to get prepped. It all went like clockwork! The only pain I had was them inserting the IV needle in my hand. Then was taken to the surgery room. I was laying there wondering when they were going to give me the sedation. That was the last thing I remember! Next thing I knew I was in the recovery area being handed a cup of apple juice! They had called Maggie and she was out front waiting for me in her car. I was wheeled out there, and off we went! They had said i would be ready around 11am but I was out of there by 9:30. Was still woozy so once I got home, I layed down and fell asleep til 2. I am still a bit tired but I feel NO pain at all! I hope that continues! First time in a long time my back is completely pain free!

I need to take it easy for the next day or so. Probably no putters tomorrow. Just a short day on Wednesday with 2 other stylists, so I can take my time and not push myself if I feel tired or uncomfortable.

I put my heating pad away. No heat on my back for 2 weeks, only cold packs, as needed. So far I don't think I will need that either.

So, all in all, I am impressed by the whole thing. That surgery center's website had 5 star reviews and I can see why. Everyone was very professional but very friendly.

So my nurses Sophie and Romeow are taking good care of me! :D I will probably nap and read off and on today and tomorrow.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:17 pm

I did very little today and tonight there is nothing on TV worth watching. I'm watching the weather channel. It stormed in North Louisiana this afternoon but it looks like 99% of the rain will miss me. There is a thin line that will be thru here soon. I can hear thunder but no rain yet. It got up to 84 today but tomorrow its suppose to be in the 60's.

Barbie, hope your injection keeps working for you.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:57 pm

My turn to type a message and hit the wrong button and lose it.

Karen, months are going faster but daylight is going faster. Another month of days getting shorter. I'm now setting an alarm for 5 pm to make sure I have time to get Ty walked before dark. After that we just go out quickly for peeing before bed. I think I'll have to move the alarm up, probably at least half an hour before this time next month.

Barbie, good news that the injection had such an immediate good reaction. I hope it has lasting effects.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:15 am

Barbie here is hoping it's a lasting effect...
I looked for another shrug pattern found one was able to follow it looks like the pattern then I measured it .... if I remember correctly it's not long enough will need to find that part of the pattern and see for sure and if it's too short take it out and start over or at least add on to the chain if I need to add to the chain I will probably need to had to the length of the collar part the length of the pattern is 41 inches it's the width that I think is coming up short... so that took up my day had things I should have done and didn't surprising how we can get caught up in something and then not do anything that should have been done... but I did get the garbage down to the street supper made as well as some meatballs... decided to fry some as I thought the ones in the oven wouldn't be done in time.... they would have now I have some in the freezer.... and swept the kitchen floor so I guess it wasn't a total waste
tomorrow I need to go to the store need milk will be out after breakfast but also need to get stuff for what I am taking on Thursday taking a fruit salad as well as the ham... have lots of apples that I've bought for whatever reason so think I will make some apple crisp ... read a recipe for a appetizer with three ingredients those jumbo olives (canned) grated garlic and olive oil but of course a bit of salt and pepper rinse off the olives put in a zip lock and add garlic and a gulg of olive oil or two really specific s&p close smooch around a bit to disperse the garlic ad olive oil and let marinate at least a couple hours or over night
room temp or cold doesn't matter when serving ... might see if I can find the jumbo olives just to try
That is a good idea to set an alarm to remember to go out before dark I set an alarm so I remember to take my Alieve
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee