It’s Friday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Friday!

Postby Colliemom » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:20 am

Mornibg all. Been up since 6 a.m. Molly knows her medication schedule and won’t let me forget it. Course getting her pills and drops in Milk Bone pill pickets and thin sliced roast beef is a good incentive to wake mom up :lol: She will remind me again when it’s time for the evening ones. Still overcoming the time change a bit there though. She’s ready before it’s time.

Haven’t been doing a whole lot this week. Pretty much same old. Just the usual errands in town, researching new leaf blowers, working on the final Christmas craft projects, took Molly over to the other vet for checkup. He gave her a good chiropractic treatment, thermal maging and some therapeutic laser treatment in her front paws and sent us home with refills of herbal medications. We will go back next month sgain. But she’s do great with the chiropractic treatments etc. Acting like a dog younger than she is. Uveitis in her eyes is about the same though, but doesn’t seem to be causing her any problems other than I don’t think she is seeing much in her left eye. Am continuing the twice daily drops.

Yard work done for Winter, driveway markers in place. So now I can just putter outside if I want. Weather has been chilly and damp, was really windy yesterday, might see mix of rain/snow today, but long range range looking at very mild temps for next week and nice weather too. So O’Sharon, looks like I can send you some nice weather after this weekend. Also looks like we aren’t going to see any snow till December at earliest. Deer hunters won’t be happy as they like a little tracking snow and colder weather. Firearms season opens Wednesday. Some ski resorts try to open for Thanksgiving weekend by making artificial snow, but don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Barbie, sorry about Lily. BJ, hope Pippa did great at the groomers. Beth, sorry about the trailer, but it wasn’t meant to be. The right one is out there. Karen, that’s a pretty area where you are. Lynn, nice to see you posting and getting out again. Judy, glad you are feeling better. Anita, sorry about your brothers latest results.

Tine to think about getting this day going. Heading to town later as need some items from the store and want to look at a battery leaf blower for cleaning my drive, walks and deck. They aren’t good for big jobs because the batteries run down too fast, so where the gas ones take over. But I don’t need a gas one right now, time to put them away for most part, although I could clear the Assoc. Pathway again. . I have batteries her for my Ryobi tools and can use them on a blower as well. So we shall see.

Sad day on the Great Lakes today. This is the 48th anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald. They always hold a Memorial Service at the Great Lakes Maritime Museum at Whitefish Point and with the passing of Gordon Lightfoot who wrote the Ballad of the Edmund Fitzgerald, he will be ot be there to sing it as he has done all these years. P,us, Mrs, Lee A. Trgurtha, wife of Paul R. Trugurtha, Vice Chairman of Interlake Steamship Company has passed away this week as well. All of their boats on the Great Lakes are flying their flags at half staff in her honor. One of them is also named after her. . The Lee A. Trugurtha will be entering the Soo locks shortly on her way to Marquette to load taconite pellets. Her husband Paul and son Mark, also have boas named after them. The Mariners sailing the lakes today will think of the Fitzgerald, but will not dwell on it too much. Thry say those that brings bad luck in Marine lore.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It’s Friday!

Postby Redetotry » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:21 am

Good Morning Sue and all who stop by later. I love the Ballad of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I'm going to Google taconite pellets as I have no clue what it is. Isn't it amazing how clever dogs are and can learn so quickly when they want. It sounds as though you have found the perfect vet! The trainer takes Emma to Kentucky for chiropractic work. Dogs who show in obedience usually start to need adjustments when they are five due to all the jumping.
Pippa did great with the groomer. I think we were more upset than she was. I don't know what they used on her but she looks twice the size her hair is so fluffy! I may ask the groomer for a bit to try on my hair:). I still have a sore head from the hearing test. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and should have mentioned it as he works in the same clinic. But I figured I would just get a mark in my file :lol:

Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:18 am

Good morning gals!

Yesterday at work was not too busy but my sciatica was really acting up! I was getting spasm like pain down my leg towards the end of the day which was really painful!

Got up early this morning and went to the clubhouse to get my Thanksgiving Dinner ticket. Luckily and surprisingly, it wasn't too busy. There is a bulletin board there where people post places for rent and sale. I had forgotten it was there, so I was looking to see how others were posting their places. There was a woman looking at the for sale places too, so I asked her if she was looking to buy a place and she said yes. We spent the next 15 minutes talking about my place. She and her husband rent a park model right across the green space from me. So she is coming by around 2pm today to look at it! So I need to finish cleaning around here. I hope they like it! Maybe another serendipitous moment!?

Just finished my protein drink and am laying on my bed for a bit before I get up and start working here. Cats just finished their morning zoomies. They wear me out just watching them do that! :lol: I need to get to WM today to get more cat food. I am all out this morning (bowls are still half full tho). l had planned to pick some up after work yesterday but was in too much pain to wander around WM to shop, so I just went straight home. :roll:

Need to go back and read yesterday's posts yet... Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 am

Good morning, BJ, I forgot to tell you that I have had several hearing tests. NONE of them hurt! If the one you had was painful, something was wrong!
I have seen two Christmas trees so far all ready up and decorated !
All of the “scooter “ companies have left SD as the restrictions were too difficult to leave with.
It has been very pleasant! Now the city said they need the revenue from the scooters so they are relaxing the restrictions and will beg them to return. They will allow them to ride on the sidewalk!!! I am very angry. Of course I get angry at many of the decisions the city makes.
Enough complaining.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:13 pm

Wednesday night my internet kept going down so I gave up trying to post. When I was in Lafayette I went to 5 stores looking for turkey thighs and couldn't find any. I need to find a butcher shop and look there.

Beth, sorry about the trailer but you will find something better. Glad you are back in HEB land. lol

Barbie, sorry about Lily. Years ago before I started getting all the cats fixed people would want a kitten. When I would ask about them I would hear things like it ran away or the dog killed it. I started telling them that these cats have a home, the shelters are full of cats. I have lost some of the barn cats to coyotes. That's why I'm making 9 cats come in at night. Most of my house cats are barn cats that upgraded so they want out in the morning.

I managed to get on the road at 9:00(early for me) so I got to the campground about 2:00. This is a really nice campground built in a pecan orchard so I was eating pecans yesterday. The last time we were here we picked up a big bucket of pecans. It started raining about dark and has been raining lightly off and on ever since.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:06 pm

Not noon yet and I've already picked up my Walmart order! Parking permit dilemma continues as manager finally sent e-mail to daughter's correct address, but apparently forgot to upload attachments and hasn't done anything about it this morning.

Martha, I don't know if this would help, but you could pull up local grocery store websites and search for turkey thighs. Might be easier than going to a bunch of stores. Safeway here doesn't have them. Karen, Roseburg looks a lot like Leavenworth and someone posted the Roseburg photo on the Leavenworth FB page this morning. BJ, glad Pippa did well - she looks lost but cute in her fur. :lol: I've been thinking about your hearing test and wonder if she was even an audiologist. Sue, I knew nothing about the Edmund Fitzgerald until I visited the museum with LeRoy.

Thought schools would be out Monday, but it's today and probably why my Amazon package isn't out for delivery although USPS delivers packages on Sunday.
Anita
chalet05

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:54 pm

Good afternoon. I was awake very early again so after a couple of cups of coffee I got dressed and headed to the new WINCO store. Wasnt busy at all. It is a gorgeous store with very wide aisles and super clean. Of course it is brand new so very bright and shiny. I didnt need much but wanted to check it out. Got hamburger for 0.98 a pound. So bought 2 3lb packages. Will food saver them later. They have a great deli so picked up some General Tsao's chicken, I have been missing that. Some fresh veggies and a couple of apples and a few other things. $54 total and I had 2 bags full. Oh yes I am loving this store. I missed it very much when I moved here.

BJ your Pippa looks so good and I am sure she did much better at the groomer's than you imagined in your head ha ha Martha is camping again, good for you. Barbie sure would be nice if this couple fell in love with your house. Anita I just cannot get over the incompetence of some people. I am totally convinced there is no more work ethic in much of the general population.
Well I need to get that Food Saver busy and fix some lunch
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:17 pm

The rain is here. Ty hates rain. So we didn't get out on our first attempt. Next attempt wasn't raining as hard and he made it out and peed then headed right home. It was 3 or 4 hours later that I got home to come out with me and he peed and pooped. Whew. Now for hopefully another lull to get him out again before dark. This rain is probably worth us for the next 3 days. Should be interesting.

Karen, one of the things I purchased at HEB was dinner of General Tsao's chicken. I split it into 2 servings and it became 2 lunches. Yum! They make a better chicken pot pie than I've ever made, so I bought the family size. I've had two servings so far. I think I'll get 3 more from it. It comes not precooked, so I've been cutting out pie sized portions to cook individually. My freezer is pretty full, so probably will eat a portion of this daily lol It's good enough that I'm not complaining.

Anita, I agree with Karen about the incompetence levels. Crazy. I so hoped this move would alleviate your apartment problems. But I admit it helps me see more clearly what I'm looking to try to do... With or without a trailer lol. It doesn't mean my choices will be any better. Or worse. Different, yes.

Lyn, I've not been anywhere with problems walking among scooters. But I also am rarely in larger cities anymore. But I do have trouble with kids and adults on bikes. I'd rather not share the road with many of them.

BJ, again, that was not a hearing exam, it sounds more like torture. And it's so good that Pippa is s handling grooming so well. Ty still fights me clipping his nails, but I'm seeing a bit of improvement. That's after years. And it's time, but I'm avoiding it lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:32 pm

Anita, I got an Amazon delveru a few hours ago today. Amazon delivers 7 days a week. Got a third space heater! No word yet when fan motor for my heater will be here! It's coming from the Midwest, so I'm glad weather Is not horrid yet!
We are busy just trying to stay warm. I do my walking and pulled out extra blankets. Skies are blue, with a few thin white clouds. It's 70° outside and space heater has my room up to 73. The higher I get it during day, the less it drops when I unplug heaters as we sleep.
I missed Beth's message re not getting trailer.
Lyn, it's always good to hear from you.
Sue, I have a very nice small Ryobi blower that can take any size of the current plus style batteries and get ample time for what I need. My battery weed trimmer, with it's big batteries can do my 3/4 Acre.
No Drs this week has given me time to relax a bit.
Hope all have a wonderful weekend, as we remember our veterans and the blank check all us veterans signed when we joined. I'll wear my shirt that says: daughter of a veteran, widow of a veteran And a veteran ! My Uncles were all vets. My father in law and all Mel's Uncles we're vets. I'm the only woman veteran in the family.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:17 pm

I am back to making cherry jam since I am giving a lot of it away at Thanksgiving. These recipes in old cookbooks and even online are really confusing, however. One from last time said to buy a peck of cherries and then pit them!! I do vaguely know what a peck basket looks like, but not how mcuh space the cherries take up when pitted!

Another one today said to buy two quarts of fruit, but it was talking about strawberries. I have 5 lbs of frozen pitted cherries, and put slightly over two-and-a-half pounds in pan. (I put the rest from the bag into a smaller bag and into the freezer until I decide what to do with it.) Finally found something on in my mother's old cookbook that said to use 3/4 pounds of sugar to a pound of prepared fruit. That is the first thing that makes sense!! I had put quite a bit on sugar in the pan, taking it out of a new 4 lb bag of sugar. So I think I need to use two pounds of sugar, so I am going to have to estimate how much I took out of the bag!! I did put one-and-a-half packages of Certo in the pan, which I think is about right. Then to cook it and pour it into jars for processing. Whew!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby snowball » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:12 am

I guess I was sleepy this morning as I remember doing snooze a couple of times and I remember getting up and going to the bathroom then I woke up about 12:00 said missed alarm... hmmm guess I didn't hear one of them so got up and gave more her pill waited 1/2 to think about a sorta lunch ... decided on fruit and toast mom ate 1/4th of a banana and drank her chocolate milk... had the last of the left overs so guess tomorrow night I will need to plan a bit not sure what it will be...
I decided to sorta organize the corner of my room put some bags that I'd used on my trip away after pulling out the electric throw put away the throw I used after the electric one was put away... one bag started to come unsewed so it went into the garbage took a bunch of old magazines and put them into a box dd said that she would like me to give them to her when through with them so have a box full ... she pays for the subscription anyway... mom used to love to read them so she would pay for the subscriptions ... so guess it's only fair to give it to her... :lol: I probably have 2 months of magazines to read and they are weekly magazines... :roll:
here's hoping Barbie that she likes you home and all will work out....
Pippa looks so cute in that picture BJ
Anita makes one wonder what they do in their day or don't do
how was the Jam Judy? when I make jams or jelly's I use sure jell and there is a list of different fruits and how much fruit how much sugar ect to use... that sounds way confusing I'd much rather measure out x amount of sugar ect but I'm not much of a guesser much rather use a recipe
Sue sounds like you are having the same type of weather we are having warmer than normal back to no precipitation what will happen is we will decide to go to dd's for Thanksgiving which means going over the pass and it will decide to storm ... guess it's almost close enough that I can look at a 10 day forecast or in a couple of days I will be able to...
been seeing a commercial on tv for a solar powered generator makes one wonder it uses no gas...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:31 am

I got my place all cleaned inside and out by 1pm. The lady came by at 1:45. She said she really liked how clean and neat and well decorated my place is. The only think she didn't like was the enclosed porch. She wants an open deck facing the green space, instead. Darn!

Finally got to WM for cat food and a few other things. And bought gas. Prices the other day were pretty good but they are heading back up again. :roll:

Found out the reason there was no one buying tickets this morning. They were all there in line starting at 3am!! :o They started selling tickets at 6am. They were pretty much sold out by the time I got there but there was one seat still available at one of the tables and I got that one. People are not happy that they were told the tickets would go on sale at 8am and when they got there then, tickets were sold out because they started selling them 2 hours before. I got lucky.

I am loving my new dishwasher! It is totally silent other than hearing it fill up with water and hearing the water drain out. And it really cleans my dishes great!

Time for bed...gotta work tomorrow. We are giving vets free haircuts tomorrow so it will be busy, but all 4 of us are working. I hope my back holds up!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:44 am

Thank you for all the responses about my hearing exam. The person who did it has a 4.8 satisfaction rating on the clinic website, that will change a bit when I receive my review form! I went to the health center where my regular doctor is and it is affiliated with the local hospital so not an independent facility. I can't figure out why she kept insisting I had a small head as if that had something to do with the pain. My head is so large women's hats won't fit me. Yesterday I asked my friends when we had our weekly get together at the local pub if they thought I seemed to have an issue with hearing and they all said no. I think I will use that as my test results for now! :P :P
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Morning Coffee