Thursday November 9th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday November 9th

Postby Redetotry » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:29 am

Good Morning All, It looks as thought this may be another cloudy warm day. We've had almost a week of nice weather after a sudden really cold spell. Pippa has an appointment this morning for a partial grooming. She did so well on her first visit just to meet the groomer, today she will have a bath and the hair between her toes cut. I of course am a bit, ok a lot, freaked out but I live only 2 miles from the groomer so I can go get her quickly if she gets too upset. I had a hearing test by an audiologist at the local heath center yesterday and still have a slight headache. Do hearing tests typically cause extreme pain? I've had them before and they were noting like the one yesterday. She put something on my head shaped like ear muffs. It was placed behind my left ear and on the temple of the right side. It was like a vice and I finally ask her to stop. She moved it exclaiming I had a very small head and it shouldn't feel tight! My head is so large I can only wear men's extra large size hats!! So I'm sure the test wasn't correct as I was so distracted by the pain that I would forget to push the button when I first heard a beep.
Our large American Beech tree has turned a glowing shade of yellow and it looks so beautiful. I'll try and get a picture if the sun comes out.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Thursday November 9th

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:06 am

Morning BJ. Sorry your hearing test was so uncomfortable. I had mine and dont remember anything painful about it. I dont think she did a good job. I remember I had several different kinds of tests while I was there and none were uncomfortable. I came out of there with mild to moderate loss, especially of the deeper tones. I wear my hearing aids "sometimes" ha ha I hear conversations, phone calls, etc just fine. What I dont hear as well is the tv movies. But my friends with great hearing say they find that they mumble on tv and the music is so loud you often cannot hear the conversation so guess I am not too bad.
Barbie so sad about Lily. When I had cats they NEVER went outside. Heck my dog doesnt go outside by herself, and I have a totally fenced yard. I just like to see what she is doing. She also doesnt like to be outside by herself. Occasionally she will lay in the sun right by the back door but not for long. She will yip to get in.

It is very chilly outside right now 37/54 and I am sure the fog will roll in soon. They predicted 45 for a low ha ha ha Our news is usually wrong. Might have some showers today so it is just a "whatever it will be" kinda day. I had a good sleep last night. Woke up at 4:15 but was able to go back to sleep until 6. This is why a no nap policy for me works best, otherwise I would be awake at 2 and be lonesome. Even the dog wouldnt like that ha ha The time change screwed us up for a few days but think we are back on track.
Not sure what today witll bring. I too have a wee bit of decluttering to do but not too bad right now. Sometimes my stuff gets a bit scattered and I really hate that.
My Thanksgiving cacti are both budding out and they really look healthy this year. They are getting quite big so might have to change some things around as in new plant stands. My Anthurium has 4 blooms on it but need to cut one off as it is done. I bought it as a small plant (I had a big beautiful one before the fire) and now it is growing and thriving. I dont have a green thumb for indoor plants and marginal for the outdoors ha ha I really only have one window to put plants by that gets sun. I have one that gets sun also in my office BUT I would forget about that one.
Time for a second cup of coffe and time to get my day started soon.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Othersharon » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:22 am

Good morning all. We just had a bit of rain but supposed to be cloudy with some sun the rest of the day. I never got to mowing yesterday with everything else happening and so far not looking good for today. I did manage to bag the pile by the door but that was about it. Had to call my furnace guy back and he came about 4 or so and messed around with some settings. I remembered to give him the folder with all the diagrams etc so he studied that for a bit. All Greek to me! Always amazes me when someone can figure it all out! I’m certainly not blessed with that ability! The house stayed pretty warm last night since it wasn’t as cold a night as I had thought it was to be so I turned it up a bit and it did come on so hoping that continues. Buddy was definitely better the second visit! Guess he figured the guy was okay to be in the house! We definitely need to have a nice walk today since we didn’t get one yesterday. Beth, sorry about the trailer, another better one will happen. Anita, I’ve thought of you and what you’ve been going through with your brother. Keeping good thoughts for you both. Karen I’m kind of confused about the hearing test too. Sure doesn’t sound like she knew what she was doing. My DIL is an audiologist and she has “borrowed” my ears a couple of times for new procedures and they certainly have never hurt. Barbie, so sad about the kitty. BJ, hope Pippi does well at the groomer. Sun has been out for a bit so may be a good time to go for a walk! Know there’s going to be plenty of days we’ll need to walk in the rain or snow so going to take advantage of sunshine while I can! Have a good day all!
Othersharon

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:43 am

Judy , good news you are feeding better. Barbie, sad about Lily. Beth , good for you following your intuition. Your intuition is backed by lots of knowledge , in the RV world.
Judy glad you are feeling better. Kidney stones not fun!
Very old here this morning..50*.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:17 pm

Anne
Last edited by Cudedog on Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:20 pm

BJ, no that's not normal. Do not go back to that person. I had one bad experience, they even wanted me to sign a paper that they weren't liable lolol. Luckily no permanent damage but no I didn't sign that paper.

So our temps start dropping tonight for a couple days again. Today's high supposed to be 85, but it's already 87. Ok, I can. deal with that but the humidity level is so high the feels like temp is 95 and it's hard to breath. Ty and I did get a decent walk in earlier, but came home sweating. I just set a bag of garbage outside but see we might see some rain soon, so think I best get it to the dumpster now.

Barbie, sorry about Lily. It's too bad she wasn't kept inside.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:57 pm

Barbie, that news about Lily is infuriating. The main reason she was originally in such bad shape was that she was living outside. To put a cat outside that is used to wandering is almost criminal because she will certainly wander again, and it shows that this lady does not understand animals. Poor Lily.

I learned something a couple of days ago. I get bored with the same food over and over again, but I do not drink coffee, and also get bored with iced tea, Coke, and other soft drinks. I had a ton of lemons that were getting old, so I made a couple of bottles of lemonade. Except it just tasted boring, so I looked in my refrigerator and found the bottle of ground-up cherries and juice I use for crepes. Dumped a couple of large spoonfuls into my lemonade, and wow! It really spiced it up!! I am going out tomorrow to hopefully get a haircut and also to go to Gordon Foods to get some frozen sour cherries. I am already almost out of the jam i made in Sept because I have been giving it away and have three jars of the sour cherry and the mixed cherry ready to take to my two cousins and their families for Thanksgiving, and also the daughter of one of them. Bag of sour cherries is going to be 5 pounds, so I will have to get busy that night and do my jam making before they thaw!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:47 pm

Barbie, how sad about Lily! BJ, hope Pippa did well! That is nowhere near normal for a hearing test! Judy, glad you are feeling better. That clean a room a day isn't working out for me either! Today is bedroom day though.

When my grandson finished his Air Force training, he was not happy when people said, 'Thank you for your service.' Just read an article that military overall does not like it! Suggested saying 'Never forget' is more acceptable. Manager screwed up daughter's email address so parking situation still in limbo though it will be fine. Was able to watch more of the iMemories videos this morning (so not much else got done). Bittersweet to see family members no longer with us especially at holiday time and my grandmother's 100th birthday party. Will take a lot of editing on my part, but I want to create a bunch of thumb drives for people. I doubt anyone cares about our night ride through Vegas or our climb to Angel's Landing in Zion. :lol: Actually have some footage of Leavenworth from probably 1970.
Anita
chalet05

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:40 pm

Since moving to Roseburg after the Almeda fire changed my life I have found that I have settled in just fine. The thing I miss the most are my friends down there and my Mountain.....Mt Ashland. But the surrounding area here very pretty also.

Photo Credit goes to Elijah Findlay

This is downtown Roseburg and the South Umpqua river lazily passes thru it. This picture shows some of the Fall colors. Not as awesome as some places but still beautiful.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:34 pm

I remember being in Roseburg several times Karen. None were in the fall so I didn’t see the beautiful colors like in your pic, but it was a really nice town and I can easily see why you’re happy there. Yes, missing old friends is hard, but I think at least you head down south fairly often and hopefully you can get together then. I’m happy you’ve settled into Roseburg after losing your home.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:48 am

today was getting mom's shower done she didn't want to have a shower...thought that it hadn't been that long ago I said it's been a week I give you a shower on Thurs and it's Thurs... read scriptures niece came and got the laundry and I went to the store... Taco's for supper.. lucked out some of the chocolate milk was reduced so I saved some on that also found some cloves and another seasoning at a reduced rate... figured mom's cloves was older than the one in the store...
it's later than I thought ... almost midnight
read a group of stories on yahoo those that are statistically impossible ... they were fun to read but one I wanted to share... especially after hearing about Lily that was so sad...
anyway the guy had a cat that escaped... came back a couple days later with a twin then another "twin" arrived went to the vet and he believes that they are all brother's how they all found themselves again is a puzzlement two didn't have a chip so he now has three kitties
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee