Wednesday, November 8

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, November 8

Postby Othersharon » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Morning from sunny, for now, PA! Clouds supposed to move in later today. Was just out with Buddy and the grass seems to have dried from the morning dew to mow and mulch so grabbing some lunch and then we’ll head out. My furnace guy was here again this morning to replace the part he ordered weeks ago and so far so good. Furnace is working again so fingers crossed that that was what it needed! As much as I enjoy it steam heat is apparently tricky and nowadays there aren’t many people that can work on them or are willing to. So don’t want to lose contact with this young fellow! Buddy did pretty well with staying in place while he was here. I don’t want to discourage him from barking to alert me but it’s a fine line as to when he stops. First time I’ve had someone totally new to Buddy in the house. Yesterday I took him with me when I went to vote and since there’s a large area I walked him. There was a lady walking her young dog and working on heel with him/her so I just stopped when they approached us and had Buddy sit. He actually did it and never barked or anything. And the lady said how well he did compared to her dog! I just told her they’d get there. Imagine me giving encouragement to someone else!! Proud moment! There is hope for us yet! Guess I should head back outside and get busy, kinda crazy mowing with a heavy coat on! I need to watch how much gas I might need to add to the mower, ideally I want it to run out completely so I don’t have to drain it. I do use gas stabilizer in the gas but would rather it have less than more! So enjoy your day and stay warm or cool as the case may be!
Othersharon

Re: Wednesday, November 8

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:27 pm

More good Buddy news. Yay!

I should have kept my mouth (fingers) quiet about the tt. I've backed out of this deal. I'm still fighting with myself but it was either take a deposit today or decide to back out and I elected backing out. There's work and then there's more than I think I want to do by myself.

Anita, I'm so sorry to hear about your brothers latest news. Prayers sent.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 pm

Good afternoon. We are chilly but have sunshine so not bad out. Made a pot of spaghetti sauce so had some for lunch. Will freeze a container of sauce and still have some spaghetti left. It is usually really good the next day. Also shredded my parmesan, gouda, and gruyere cheese to put in freezer baggies. I like buying the brick cheese and love my cheese shredder. I still buy a bag of shredded cheese now and then but much prefer my own grated. When my friend was here she watched me grate some and went home and ordered one ha ha It is great. I shredded some potatoes in it the other day and made some hash browns....so good.
Not alot going on here today. Just puttering around putting things back in their place. Need to write out a check for my property taxes and shred a small pile of papers after sorting out the important from the trash.
Beth sorry your trailer isnt working out but always listen to your gut when it comes to large purchases. I am sure you will find the perfect one for you that will give you a project NOT be a project. Loved your pics of Ty. I see lots of the same poses in Emma. Anita so sorry to read about your brother's circumstances. That damn cancer can spread so fast in some cases but hope they caught your brothers in time. I feeling very sleepy right now so need to get up and do something before I nod off. I cant be having that ha ha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:29 pm

Good evening,

Really a nice day and I had the patio door open again since it faces south. A bit of a calmer day nerve wise. Have to put daughter on my lease to have two parking places so waiting on management to do their thing. Why not just charge for the extra space? :roll:

Thanks for the words about my brother. My thoughts are back running like they did when he was first diagnosed not knowing how things will happen. The doctor who suspected the spread to the bone said if it had, things would go fast - whatever fast is. Obviously, nothing noticed in the last two months so taking that as a good sign. A memory today of the little girl I babysat across the road telling her mother that our mother was my sister and brother's 'other mother'. Karen, if I'm sleepy, I'm not getting over it until I nap. Got up at 7 this morning and was napping at 11! That just happens from time to time. Beth, when in doubt....you made the right choice based on that. Lyn, I did not realize you had lost 2 sons to cancer. I am so sorry.

I sent 22 videos to iMemories and the first 3 were available for streaming this afternoon. How fun! 2 involved my teenagers with their 2 little cousins on 4th of July and Easter (different years). This will be fun!
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:39 pm

Feeling better today, so hope this was not a kidney stone. Been really lazy today,and need to get my shower and read in bed for a while tonight. Otherwise, not much else going on. Oh, I did cook the turkey thigh and it really tasted good! A lot left over for tomorrow. Also, got to do dishes before I go to bed.

Hope your brother does OK with this news. Even with his bones involved, hope on of the new drugs will help.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 pm

Anita, it was a tough decision, but I'm at peace with it. Just a little sad. But I do believe when one door closes another opens, so something else will be coming up, I'm sure.

Last week I read that Paramount+ has cancelled the Joe Pickett series. I'm very sad. It was delayed because of the strike so who knows what happened, but I was looking forward to the next season.

It looks like highs of 60's coming here in a couple days for a few days and rain coming sometime tomorrow and possibly every day for a week. Ty and I will watch for the lulls to get walks in.

Judy, I'm glad you're feeling better and that you found turkey legs and enjoyed one today. I'm not a turkey fan, and most particularly not dark meat, so I always read on here when some of you are looking for these lol I'm sure I like things you don't, so I'm glad you found these.

I finally went to HEB this week. I carefully check their specials and got some good ones. I bought one of their large chicken pot pies and will be driving it up into probably 4 smaller portions that I can cook individually on the air fryer. And pay off the specials I got included selecting a few free items. One of those I chose was half of a cinnamon apple pie. I cut a piece tonight and it was as good as homemade. Yummy. 3 or 4 more pieces of that depending on my slicing lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:30 am

a half of a pie is a good idea... if you see them in the store they are usually sugar free and I don't do sugar free... but it is a very good idea and that pie sounds yummy
sorry that you decided against the trailer but am sure that there is one out there that will be just what you want...
I found myself dropping off this evening while I was coloring on my phone.. some times it's hard not too...
I write down the books I read during the month for some reason I didn't do it for a few months so had lots of books to write down so now I am caught up once again...
I need to do some reorganizing see if I can cut down on the clutter feel... there is only so much I can do but perhaps if it doesn't feel cluttered it will be better... want to get a shelf and put on the wall some place to put the fan and my dd gave me a bear nativity set last year I have no place to put it so want to put a shelf up... and last year dd #1 gave me a scenty candle warmer would like to find a place to put it out as well (she gave it to me late and I forgot it then she mentioned it the next time I was in Ut I forgot again she brought it to me when she was in ID a few weeks ago so now I need to be able to put it somewhere that it can be plugged in so do need to figure out what I can do to free up some room...
You all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:44 am

Actually after midnight but will throw a few comments on here.

Beth, sorry the trailer didn't work out but you have plenty of time to find the right one.

It was breezy this morning and felt so good with that blowing thru the windows while I was still laying in bed! Wind is quiet right now but is supposed to pick up by tomorrow morning again for a couple days. Didn't even get to 80* today. So nice!

Took a drive and went to the mall in Palm Desert this afternoon. Spent some time in Barnes & Noble looking at books. Found several on ADHD but I have already read 2 of them and wasn't interested in the others. Walked around the mall for a bit. Came back thru B&N (I was parked outside in front of their store) and walked down that aisle again. A book caught my eye because it was upside down and sitting crooked on the shelf. That is an OCD thing for me so I pulled it off to put it back the right way, when I noticed it was another ADHD book I hadn't seen earlier (it was in the wrong area). Turns out it looked like a really interesting book, more what I was looking for earlier. So I bought it! Was that serendipity or a coincidence? :?

Found out something tonight that made me really sad and angry! Remember that white fluffy Maine Coon cat that was a stray here a few years ago and really friendly? I named her Lily. I gave her to a neighbor lady who was looking for an indoor only cat. I found out later that she was letting Lily go outside and she would be gone sometimes for a week or two at a time. Well, I found out tonight that about a month or so ago, she let Lily outside again and a coyote attacked and killed her here in the park. I am furious!! :evil: That poor sweet beautiful cat deserved so much better than that! So I have a very sad heart tonight.

Gonna read for a bit and then get some sleep.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear about Lily, Barbie.

Be comforted that you did your best for her.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:37 am

So sorry to hear about beautiful Lily. I continually get irritated here on Nextdoor at the daily posts of, "my indoor outdoor cat hasn't come home, have you seen him/her. They get indignant when you tell them to keep their cat indoors saying stuff like: my cat has to go out!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:52 am

Velda, I see the same thing on our NextDoor. I feel like asking them if they would let their young child out at night by themselves. The exception is stray/feral cats that are habituated to be outdoors. But Lily was clearly a former house cat when I found her.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee