Happy Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Tuesday

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:54 am

It's a beautiful day today. And Google photos presented me with this cute collage of Ty this morning.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Toi1HkC8LyQghjQJ7
Time to take the little bugger out for a walk. Have a great day everyone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Happy Tuesday

Postby Othersharon » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:39 am

Good morning! Beth, cute pics of your pup. A well traveled pup! Exciting news on your trailer, hope it all works out and look forward to seeing photos. Goodness but the wind is wicked today. Up to 61 already but sure doesn’t feel like it! Plenty of leaves still blowing around but will be fairly easy to bag them up to take to the project. They are busy mulching them so there will be lots of free mulch available. Today is Election Day so I need to remember to do that. Probably should do it now while I’m thinking about it. Sometimes I get into something else and end up going later before the polls close. Today needs to be vacuum the kitchen and mop the floor, Buddy brings in a lot of dirt now that the leaves aren’t covering the flower bed! Not to mention the constant shedding. But that’s okay, he’s worth it! Was amazing while he was gone for the 2 weeks how I didn’t have to mop and vacuum everyday! Just part of the routine now! Otherwise today is going to be an easy day since my body is aching from yesterday. Getting old isn’t easy and I hate that I can’t do what I used to do. I try to but then I pay with aches and pain! Luckily it never lasts long. I think all the activity working with Buddy has helped a whole bunch! Sue and Judy, thanks for the heads up on the weather! :D Sad but true! Second cup of coffee is finished so no excuse not to get busy. Have a good day!
Othersharon

Postby Cudedog » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 am

Bethers wrote:It's a beautiful day today. And Google photos presented me with this cute collage of Ty this morning.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Toi1HkC8LyQghjQJ7
Time to take the little bugger out for a walk. Have a great day everyone.

LOL. Every once in a while I get a Google "slide show" of my Joe. When I see these photos, I think, "I must be some kind of strange person to have a dog that I allow to get all over my furniture, bed, etc.".

And then I see these photos of your Ty. . . and the poses and backgrounds are just like mine. I guess I am not so strange as I thought!!!

Thanks for sharing, Beth. You (and Ty!) put a smile on my face for sure.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:21 am

Good morning. It is cold 43, foggy and damp here, rained all night off and on but none right now. Supposed to be on and off rain for the next 10 days with some sun and clouds. Works for me. I turned up my heat this morning as I had to take an early shower for my primary appt today. It was still chilly. I usually take my shower much later.
Have had some coffee and breakfast so ready to start my day. Our new grocery store opened yesterday WINCO, it was my favorite store in Medford so very excited to go check it out. Wont be for a while tho as the crowds are heavy right now. people come from the coast and mountain areas to shop so it gets very crowded shopping normally but this is a hot deal right now. I need a couple of things but can just bop into one of the other stores today. I am making a form of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Never made it before but have eaten it at restaurants. Then will have a mushroom sauce for it.
Sheila I use the cheese Tortellini and the Spinach and Ricotta also. I mix it up some of each.
Not sure what else is on my agenda today, will figure it out when I get back from the clinic. Will get my Flu and RSV vaccine today. They always want to poke me with something ha ha
Beth very excited for you and your trailer purchase....if all goes well. Nice birthday present. Sharon and Buddy getting it together ha ha it is work that is for sure.Emma will be 7 in January and she pretty much knows all the house rules. Anne nothing strange about you. My dog actually owns the bed and knows it. She isnt much for getting on the furniture but does occasionally. It is allowed LOL She does like to lie beside me in the recliner and if I have my heated throw she sees that as a bonus.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:17 pm

My heading this morning would be sad and frustrating Tuesday.

Somehow it has taken 2 months to get the full result on the scan my brother had to check for the cancer spreading to his bones. I don't know who dropped the ball and I suppose we thought no news was good news. They have now started treatment to keep his bones as strong has possible because they are now involved. This will not end well.

The apartment manager's boss never replied to my e-mail about the parking situation. Manager is only here from 9-12 and then goes to another property. I went over this morning to talk to her, but she was visiting with guy who comes to take care of the pool and I don't know what else. She obviously didn't want to be interrupted! It's now after 11 and he is still in her office!

Sheila, I'm curious who your TV provider is. The ability to record shows has come with any I have had. Barbie, I went to Disney World one time with bandaged toes due to red ants! Sharon, I was called a mule yesterday because I moved my desk (it's L-shaped and heavy) and didn't call my son-in-law. I'm paying for it today! We are having a short break from the rain. Need to do something to get my mind off things.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:57 pm

Anita I'm so sorry about the delay on your brothers scan report. Your building manager must really like the pool guy!
It is beautiful here today, sunny and warm near 80! Just got Toby back from the groomer and she does a really great job. She only does one dog at a time so that is a real plus. She did have a tiny fluffy puppy in her arms when I picked him up but Toby was loose and looking out the door for me. I think he heard me drive up, In my experience with dogs over the years I train the big ones and the little ones train me. :) I have some places on me that look like chigger bites but they don't itch. It started a week ago Monday on one foot. Nothing more for a week then I woke up yesterday morning with a few bites on lower leg right above my heel on the other leg. Then during the day more places broke out on my torso and under my arms! I am baffled. The only thing I can relate it to was both episodes happened when Emma returned from a 3 day show. She had a different odor and I think the trainer had used some product on her when brushing her out that I was allergic to. I sent photos to my doctor and already had an appointment for Thursday so maybe he will have an idea.
I went inside our bank this morning as the outside window is closed for repair. A grumpy young man waited on me and after asking me if I wasn't with the man...? A man had walked in ahead of me and was already being helped at the next window, I said no so he reluctantly started asking me several questions. I had a form filled out for how I wanted my cash and also a check for deposit. He did all the entries then went and got the cash someone else had counted out for him.. He started counting it in front of me and it was a hoot! He was counting very slowly and instead of counting out the various denominations separately (I was getting quite a bit of $$) he was counting the entire amount and he kept coming up with different amounts. I finally said oh my whoever taught you to count money didn't know how. He was not amused and when he finally counted it right he turned from the counter and started making rude remarks about me to the other tellers. I needed to ask someone about CD rates so went to an open office door and asked, the lady at the desk,she said come in that she could help me. After she answered my question I related my teller experience saying I had made the young man quite unhappy and I really didn't mean to. She said she would have a word with him. I have a feeling he's had other comments made about him.
I think in spite of the lovely weather I'm going to opt for a short nap. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Cudedog » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Anita, so sorry to hear the news about your brother. Stressful times ahead, for sure.

BJ, I don't put up with rude people. I'm glad you mentioned the rude teller, I would have too.

Karen, glad to hear you are getting rain.

The last four days have predicted rain here, very gloomy on all days and looked like it would rain just about any minute - but it never did. Bright and sunny outside this afternoon.

Next chance of rain in a week or so (not holding my breath for rain). We sure do need it.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:09 pm

I did not sleep well last night--achy and some IBS problems. Got up this morning at 10 am, after laying in bed since 5 am, and trying to get an extra hour of sleep, but no luck. Did not eat anything until after I had run some errands--picked up mail and got some groceries at Walmart. Nice to be able to heat stuff up in a parking lot!! Then called Publix and asked if they had any turkey thighs since Walmart did not, and they said they had just one package, so I raced over there and got the package and some stuffing mix, plus cranberry sauce. There were two thighs in the package and the total weight was 3 pounds, so they were HUGE thighs. If you remember, yesterday, I said I wanted something different to eat, and turkey was just the thing. Too late to cook it tonight but have frozen one thigh and will cook other one tomorrow.

I ran out of time to try to get a haircut!!! Just hate these short days and early sunsets! :(

Plus, I have been having some twinges on my lower left side for the last couple of days, which is the side where I have known I had a stationery kidney stone for about a year. Also, I was just not feeling well after my shopping, so I came home and hooked up and put groceries away. By about an hour ago, I had eaten a quick sandwich, but was beginning to have the left-side backache that I often get when passing kidney stones, so I took a pain pill, and am hoping it will pass or go away or something. At least, I am not having any bleeding, so that is good. About 80-90% of the time in the past 45 years, I have been able to pass them on my own, but I was told this past summer that the current one is in a tough place. Will drink a lot of water and take another pill before I go to bed tonight. If I go to the emergency room, all they will do anyway is hook me up to an IV to give me fluids and pain meds, so I'd rather do those things at home at least for a couple of days. (Urologists always give me opioid pain meds for future stones since they know I am traveling and have a history of passing stones.) Keeping my fingers crossed.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:45 pm

Good evening gals!

Beth, it is always fun to see pics of our pets over the years!

Anita, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. That is very unfortunate that those test results took so long and didn't have good news. It is gonna be a tough road ahead for your brother for sure. (((hugs)))

The first time I got stung by fire ants was at the Tampa Zoo many years ago. I stepped off the sidewalk to get a photo of something and ended up standing on a large fire ant mound! Ouch!! You would think the zoo would be mindful of those things so visitors wouldn't get stung (when they are standing in places they shouldn't be! :roll: )

I had a pretty productive day today! I got up and drove over to the putting course and played 2 rounds (18 holes) and did pretty good. I even had a couple watching me from their patio and applauded one of my shots!

When I got home I started cleaning up around here. Got the bedroom, living room and porch done. Found a piece of trim loose in my bedroom so I used some wood glue to get that back on. I removed some stickers I had on my porch windows and then washed the windows in there. Put up some fall decorations I had picked up at the Dollar Store last week. I usually only have ambition to work around here for no more than 4 hours so I got a lot done in that time.

My SIL had emailed me the other day saying my house listings in various sites was showing my house off the market. So I checked with my agent about it. My contract was over on October 31st and I signed a new one but apparently the listings lapsed by a day on-line and were dropped. So we decided to just do a whole new listing so it will show as new instead of 90+ days on the market. So he got that done today. Glad my SIL brought that to my attention. Apparently she is keeping tabs on me from MN even tho I am rarely ever in communication with her.

I talked to my friend Dave here this morning and he mentioned that it might be a good idea to have an open house on my place the day of the yard sale. I think that is a great idea so I mentioned it to my agent and he also thinks it would be a good thing to do. I can sell stuff outside and get people to take a look inside too. I usually get a lot of people here for my sales because I post "yard sale" signs on all the street corners around me with balloons attached. Not a lot of people in my area here do sales so sometimes people don't bother to come over this way but they will when there are signs put up. That will be on a Friday and I have requested Thursday and Friday off next week for that.

The turf piece on my patio still smells to high heaven! I think I will need to toss it ASAP. Don't think I will be able to get that smell of the ant killer out of it. It is really nauseating! :shock:

I am shopping for a new purse. I am very fussy about purses. I like small ones that have several different pockets in front. My current purse I have had for several years and the strap is broken and safety-pinned together. Hard to find a small purse just the right size I want. They are either way too big or teeny tiny.

Finished up the tuna salad today. It was really good but will be a few months before I make more.

I will finish up the kitchen and bathroom tomorrow and then start going thru stuff in here again to get rid of more things and put stuff aside for the yard sale in a week and a half. Need to go thru the shed too. I know there are things in there that need to go.

Will watch a little TV tonight and get to bed fairly early again. Not a bad habit to get into. Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:27 pm

Anita, sorry to hear the news about your brother. I know it's disappointing that the medical people are not on the ball. I know the feeling. Makes you think they don't care.

I wish I could keep the cats off of the furniture but they go where ever they want. CC likes to get as high as he can and sometimes he is on top of the bookcase in the living room. I seldom catch one on the kitchen counter because they know they will get swatted but who know what they do when I'm gone. I usually have 4 trying to sleep with me.

Judy, hope you don't end up at the hospital again with a kidney stone. Glad you found the turkey thighs. I have to go to Lafayette tomorrow. If I think about it I will try some of the grocery stores in Lafayette to look for turkey thighs.

Barbie, I'm kind of fussy about purses too. I should look for one that is smaller but I want one with a lot of pockets, especially an outside pocket to put keys in. I hate digging in my purse looking for keys. The strap on my purse is about to go and I sure hate to have to go to something else. I keep a small purse in the motorhome for when we go out to eat or sight seeing. I was watching the show about Oak Island tonight. I watch it sometimes when there is nothing else on I like. I would like to have the money they have spent digging on there.

I was on my feet all morning making a cake and banana bread. Tonight my ankles are swollen and my knees hurt. I got my cake delivered and glad I'm done with that for a year.

Beth, love the pictures of Ty.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:04 am

I finished the hat and actually finished the pot holder so took that with a matching dish cloth to the "auction" it was a fun evening and totally enjoyed it... came home with a bottle of home made vanilla that is a year old guess that makes it special... and with it was a plate of some mini muffin can't remember what flavor will need to try them
my youngest called and we chatted for a bit... always enjoy her visits... my kids have mentioned a pie that they have had think it's called brown sugar pie guess it's suppose to taste like a pecan pie without the pecan's It might be a good one for mom won't have the pecan's to eat she is having a hard time with harder things... so maybe good to try
starting to think about Thanksgiving menu don't know who all will be here yet my 3rd dd and her son/family will be coming have asked dd#2 and her family but not sure what they have decided yet... they have had some stress in their lives so trying to work around the uncertainty in their lives..
Anita so sorry to hear about the lost records and the results it brings.. Cancer isn't fun and sometimes it's hard to know what to do... mom goes through Spectrum... and it's an older tv whether that has anything to do with it I don't know but I wouldn't have any idea how to record and when to watch it .... it's works out usually
Cute pic's of Ty ....
Anne don't think you are odd Shadow was on the bed as well as the couch and chair
I sorta think the ones that don't allow the pet on the furniture are in the minority
think I need to go to the store tomorrow only because I want to get my refund :lol: and out of watermelon for mom to munch on over night... although it may wait until Thurs :lol:
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am

Good morning, everyone seems to be quite busy. I continue to lie on the couch like a bump on a log.
That cancer is horrible. Anita, I simpathize with what you are going through. I have lost my Son-law and two sons to that horrible disease.
Our weather has been lovely the past few days. I don’t usually care for donuts. This morning paper had an article about cider doughnuts that sounded so. Good. I won’t attempt to make them, but will check the bakery around here.
Beth, loved all the pictures of Ty. Barbie you are doing everything to sell your home. I keep thinking there must be someone out there who would buy it.
I enjoy your posts from Florida. Lucky you being right on the ocean, even with the salt spray,
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Morning Coffee