Windy Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Windy Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:44 am

Morning all. Bit breezy out there. Supposed to have winds gusting to around 40 today and scattered showers with mild temps in mid 50’s.

I see everybody survived the time change. Light here a bit after 7 and dark by 5:30 now. This tine f year one can’t do as much outside because the mornings are colder and by time temps warm up, it’s afternoon already. Yesterday just flew for me. Went to Mass, stopped at store for some things and gas for the truck and was past noon by the time I got back home. Ran was expected and I wanted to make one more pass over the gutters now that leaves are down. Had to haul out the ladder and do it by hand since my blower is out of commission. Got that done and cleaned up the leaves from the gutters I threw down. Had a sign I wanted to put out with the Thanksgiving display and a bag of stuff to run up to the recycle bins. By the time I got all this done, it was 3:30 and rain was starting. Day was already fading and dark by 5:30. But, all my fall chores are done. What leaves are laying around can stay till spring. My snowblower has been serviced and is ready and tractor put away. So now I can putter around outside just for fun if I want. I always find something to monkey with, as you well know :lol: just to be outside.

O’Sharon, I too am enjoying your Buddy adventures. Yep, better get the chores done. Crappy weather will be heading your from me as usual. :lol:

Saturday was a gem of a day with highs in mid 40’s and just a gentle breeze. Too nice of a day to waste. So took the dogs for a ride to Mackinac. Went over the bridge for one last burger at Clyde’s Drive In before they close on the 19th. Then we spent time at our favorite park by the bridge. I love it up there this time of year as it’s quiet. Tourist season is over and everything is shut down for the season, with some exceptions.

Going to run the vac this morning and work in my one Christmas cutout pattern for awhile. Then out to the garage to do a little project on my bench in front of my garage for Christmas decorating later. Taking advantage of mild day. Right now I’m watching this thunderstorm moving in. Supposed to have some heavy rain and may e hail. After that, then I can venture out to the garage. Put the bench inside yesterday so I can work in it if it rains.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Windy Monday

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:01 am

Good morning. Still awake early but it will take me a couple of days to get back on my regular schedule. I did stay up later last night so I could sleep later ha ha didnt work as planned but I lolled around in bed until 5am. Emma was up and ready to get this day started so no more snuggling in bed.
Having coffee and watching the local news and weather. My antenna is working well so far. Well we have been having storms. Yesterday wasn't bad just some showers but started pouring about 8 and think it rained all night. It is very wet out there but not raining right now. Supposed to get some wind but we shall see. Usually the storms go around me but not this time my area was on target this time. I am glad we are getting some rain, just hope it can continue thru the winter months as it will surely help with our drought situation and fire season. So far we are only a little behind on rainfall for 2023 so there is hope.
I am looking at recipes this morning. I want to make something different so not sure what that will be yet. I am not going to the store today!!!!! So if I dont have it on hand I need to find a different recipe. Appointment with my primary tomorrow so will get my vaccines there tomorrow. My labs look great so hoping 2024 continues with good health.
Second cup of coffee coming up, nice and cozy under my electric throw for now.
Sue you are busy as ever. Energizer bunny sure isnt living here right now. Maybe later ha ha ha ha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Irmi » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:38 am

Good morning Sue, Karen and all!

Sue, I can't wait to see your Christmas display. Karen, it's good to read that you're getting the rain your area needs. Tampa, which is only one hour south of us, has a rain deficit of almost two feet! And we're only a few inches below our average rainfall.

It was 45 degrees when I got up and I was chilly on my morning walk. But it has warmed up to 69 and we'll get into the mid 80's with sunshine this afternoon. Today we're meeting friends from church at a diner in Wildwood for lunch. We rarely go out to eat so this will be a real treat. Tomorrow Steve will probably continue pressure washing our patio and pergola.

Have a great day all!
Irmi

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:39 pm

Woke this morning to sound of rain on skylights. Had rain around bedtime too. It's all welcome water in the rain bucket.
Have 2 appointments tomorrow:annual eye exam, and my Bowen treatment. Other wise my week is open, for a change. I wake each morning with a headache, sure wish I could sleep longer. I'm so tired of being tired all the time !
Have a good day everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:50 pm

Good morning gals!

No rain here! Sunny skies and no wind, not even a whisper of a breeze! Gonna get to 90* today and then head down to the low 80's the rest of the week.

I got up pretty early (for me) yesterday, and decided to clean off the driveway and patio from the ant powder. I hosed off the driveway and then moved the patio furniture and the turf piece (very heavy and super heavy when wet!) and hosed off all the powder underneath. Dragged the turf to the driveway in the sun and let everything dry out. Later I went out and raked and blew off the dead grass from the turf (it got stuck in there from the scalping debris). Then later, moved it all back to where it belongs. Lots of work! The worst part tho, is that the powder I used for the ants is super stinky!! :shock: Smells like a combination of cooked cabbage and rotten eggs! :o That smell seems to be imbedded in the turf even after hosing it down. Had to close the windows in the porch to keep the smell from coming in the house. Hopefully once the turf is completely dry, it will go away.
Took a long shower afterward to get all that crud off me! I sure don't want to smell like that!

The time change messed me up all day. Being that I got up early, it was a long, long day for me! By the time it got dark I was thinking it was around 8pm but it was only 5pm! A few hours later, I was thinking it was time to head for bed but it was only 8pm! So I am actually about 3 hours off instead of just one! I guess I just need to get up earlier and go to bed earlier now.

I made tuna salad yesterday so I have that to eat for a couple days. I also watched golf for awhile. Most are in other countries but still fun to watch.

I work from 2-6 today, so a shorter day. Then 2 days off. No putter's golf yet this week but I might go to the course and play a few times this week to get back into the "swing" of things. :D

Still need to do some more cleaning in here so will work on that this week. I have a written schedule to clean one room each day during the week but rarely (ie; never :roll: ) stick to it. It would only take me 15-30 minutes to do that every day but I just put it off and end up with a whole house to clean in a hurry when I have a deadline, like a showing. With my ADHD it is hard to get myself disciplined to do that, something I have never been good at. Tight deadlines are the only thing that seems to have ever worked for me.

Anyways, need to get my hair washed and eat some lunch before getting ready for work. Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Othersharon » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Good afternoon all! We are having a nice windy day today but temps in the high 50’s with sun! So no complaints from me. Sue, if you could would you route the bad weather somewhere else? Pretty please? DS came up earlier to help move the leaves and ended up with 2 very full loads to take to the dump. That was using his pickup and my little trailer. I offered to buy him lunch but he had some other errands and hunting this afternoon so we decided on a rain check. I was so proud of Buddy when son arrived, had Buddy on the leash and he minded me so well. And after I let him greet he didn’t go crazy so that was a plus. And even let him off leash and he minded his manners and listened to me! But poor Buddy will miss the piles of leaves to do zoomies through! He took the opportunity to run through them while we were working! Sorry, Buddy. There’s always next year! So now I think we’ll go for a walk and call it a day. I feel my age working with my son. I keep telling him to enjoy it now. He too will get old! Glad some of you are finally getting some much needed rain. I think we’ll have one or maybe two more days without any so I can still fine tune the leaves and just bag them. I did read the other day that mulched maple leaves will aid in keeping down the dandelions in the yard but to many will suffocate the grass so will try to hit a happy medium. I was thinking of mowing today but think that’s a chore for tomorrow. Buddy’s walk is more important! Have a great rest of your day.
Othersharon

Postby Cudedog » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:39 pm

Hello, Sharon, and all who follow.

I am very thrilled and delighted to read of the wonderful progress you have made - and are still making - with your Buddy.

Good on you!!

Please keep the stories coming. I sure do like to read them.

Thank you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby chalet05 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:49 pm

Good morning for a little bit longer!

Lots of rain here! Irmi, wish I were closer as I love using a pressure washer! Barbie, surprised you didn't hear moans and groans in the absence of cheering! :) Sharon, so glad Buddy is behaving! :)

Enjoying some heartwarming stories with all the negativity in the world. After a college football game Saturday, a losing player cried on his mother's shoulder while a member of the winning team cried in his coach's arms for several minutes. I didn't understand that until I read this morning the player's father had died in Hawaii last weekend. Brought tears to my eyes. Watched a couple movies over the weekend (probably both Hallmark) - one where a colorblind man got glasses that helped him see colors and the other a blind man getting a seeing eye dog. Yes, of course, they led to a love story.

Going to do some rearranging in the hideout room today which will mean clearing off my desk which is a mess. The living area feels so chilly with being an open floor plan and no carpet so want this room to be a little more comfortable.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 pm

I also get bored with the same food, so yesterday I made a couple of pasties, one to eat and one to freeze. And today I am making some langostinos on linguini, with a garlic and lemon butter sauce. Langostinos are expensive and hard to get, but I can make three meals out of one 8-10 oz package. I was thinking of what to buy different tomorrow, and realized what I really want are turkey thighs. Will need to see if I can get them somewhere.

My new iPhone came with three "free offers" of apple games and TV, except, as is usual, I don't want or need them, so told the salesman to cancel them. Ha! I have received 2 emails for each of the three items already, and I just bought my phone four days ago!! No unsubscribe thing on the emails either, so I first spent 40 minutes on the phone with Apple and then another 30 minutes with Verizon. Ended up just blocking them, but really irritating. If you accept these free things, it will cost you $9.99 per month after the introductory three months, and they will bill you every month forever!!!!

A couple of days ago, I discovered a weird bruise on my lower abdomen. it is like an upside down horseshoe and even on both sides. I have no idea what I bumped into, and the shape is really strange. It is slowly going away, but my first thought was my vertical c-section scar and then I thought maybe my platelets were tanking, but they were fine a couple of months ago. I always seem to be bumping into stuff, I guess.

And my Ohio son almost got into a really bad situation with the time change. He has his pilot's license but is supposed to fly only during daylight and good weather. He planned a long trip, then cut it down to a shorter one. As he was driving home afterwards, he realized if he had gone with his original plan, he would have been flying in the dark, which he is not supposed to do and has had no experience doing!!! I think he will remember when the sun sets next time. Next step, after some flying time, he will get instrument instruction and classification to fly any time.

Calmer wind and lots of sunshine today. Also, sorry Sharon, but all your weather comes from Michigan or Ohio--no choice in where it goes after it leaves those states!! We are your early warning system! :lol:
Last edited by JudyJB on Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:49 pm

Today was the first monthly ice cream and cake birthday gtg. Fun that it feel on my birthday. So I've had my ice cream and cake. Also today a gentleman and I came to a price agreement on me purchasing his tt. I have only two concerns that need to be worked out (I don't foresee any problems) and he came down (not as much as I would have liked but more than I expected) in price. Eventually I'll post pictures and you'll all see that, yes, I'm insane. But I think many will understand my reasoning on this one. So that's a birthday present to myself. The park manager, Ken, will be going with me, probably tomorrow, to see about the last couple concerns. I think the current owner will be delivering it then a few days later. To be determined. It'll go into a parking area here for the winter and will be my winter project. Sue, I'd love to be your neighbor that you want to help right now lol Hopefully, I'll be up to the tasks I'm giving myself. There are some talents I don't have, or tools, but somehow I'll get there. Hopefully before this time next year when I'll be living in it. :lol:
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:25 pm

That's exciting, Beth! Will look forward to photos!
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:14 am

the pod caste I watched today was a long one about an hour and half so crocheted on the hat during it read scriptures wasted some time on the FB and those AITJ stories...most are stupid and others or worse... I ask myself all the time why I read them but then go and read the next one... :roll:
Beth what exiting news... and what fun to look forward to seeing pictures from the beginning to the end... I am sure that you will do well and You Tube will become your go to or here we can always pretend we know what to do :lol:
called a friend of mine that I don't talk too near often enough... chatted quite awhile looked at the clock and though oh my I really don't know what we are having and it's 5 so a quick bye talk in a few months... :lol: took out some soup from the freezer decided it didn't have enough chicken in it so accidentally found a bag of chicken chunks (cooked) while looking for the tortellini I thought I would put in it as well... so three bags out of the freezer and one container into the fridge... what kind of tortellini do you normally use when you make your tortellini soup Karen? this was cheese not sure it was what I wanted but thought it would be ok as it was chicken soup I was heating up....
I watched the one with the blind man as well it came out on Thursday but because of when (6:00) it comes on is also when Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune come on so miss out on the first hour but then it comes on again on Saturday at 8:00 one time I am glad for a rerun ;) the one that comes out this week looks good...
I did almost finish the hat the hat is done the flower is done just need to combine them
will do that either tonight or tomorrow my hands are a bit tired then depending upon what time I get back tomorrow night I will finish my afghan ... I am thinking I will concentrate on the shrug then ... see if I can get it done before I start on the next afghan
I want to get some cotton yarn so I can get dish clothes and potholders made for the granddaughter in time for wedding which is in March ...I asked her what colors hmm the deep forest colors black being the favorite not happening as black is just so hard to see I actually didn't if know if they made it but they do I went and looked at colors via internet
then I had this idea and now just need to get the materials and do it but thinking of making a either wreath or swag when I do so I like to put something in it that is something that represents things that they like one dd's had an owl that never stayed in another had a crow another will have fairies have the dolls made but have yet figured out how to put the wings on so they are still in a box in the trailer one day she will get her wreath... my granddaughter was in theater all through her high school her future husband was in one play as well he was in Joseph and the coat of many colors she was in a lot but favorite one was one I've never heard of I might go easy and ask what kind of bird they both like lol but I would like to bring in a hobby might have a long visit with dd
sounds like Buddy has made great strides...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:31 am

Barbie, I saw the picture of the trailer that the bear damaged. The other night when I thought I heard the bear I remembered that I had some crackers in my car and hoped he wouldn't attack my car. No way was I going out in the dark to get crackers out of my car. Maybe the chemical smell on your turf will keep the ants away. I have tried the schedule to clean one room a day and it lasts about one day. :roll: What really works is when someone is coming over.

I don't like the time change. I was use to walking at 6:00 after the news and now it's dark then. I need to start walking about 4:00.

Judy, I am always on the lookout for turkey thighs but haven't found any for 2 years. I need to decide what I'm going to cook for Thanksgiving. I haven't ask my son what they are doing. His girlfriend's family is in Baton Rouge but he won't go if he can get out of it. He would rather just stay home than come here for a meal so it will probably be me and the cats.

I went to Walmart to get what I needed to make my dessert of the month. The Cattle Women auction off a dessert of the month for a fund raiser and November is my Month. One of the local politicians usually buys it but this year it was an Edward Jones agent. We have a meeting tomorrow night and I want to tell them mine is done and delivered. I want to make a banana bread to bring with me this weekend. Last week I tried a recipe from Facebook for Disneyland Cornbread. It called for a cake mix and two boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix. It was a lot like cake and too sweet for me. And it makes a lot.

Beth, glad you found a trailer. Hope you don't find too many problems.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:51 am

Work was really busy today. Luckily there were 3 of us working. The owner came in later and gave us each a $25 grocery store gift card for the holidays. He met the newer stylist (the one who started a couple months ago) and they didn't hit it off very well. He is hard to deal with anyways, and she can be too, and both very stubborn.

There is a show that I watched last year that came back for the season tonight (Curse of Oak Island) so now I have two shows to watch now, other than the various paranormal shows on the Travel Channel.

I stopped at the store for more fresh corn on the cob. It is SO good! Will cook that up tomorrow.

My stings are starting to heal now and not so itchy.

I read a story tonight about a hiker that went missing in the Colorado mountains in the middle of September with his dog. Unfortunately, they just found his body, but they also found his dog still alive and laying by his deceased owner. He stayed there with him for 2 1/2 months!! The dog got checked over by a vet and is now with the man's family. Dogs are so loyal! He is a Jack Russel and I think they go after small critters, so he probably fed himself that way. He probably also had to protect himself from predatory animals as well. A very bitter-sweet story.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee