Rabbits Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rabbits Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:38 am

Happy November 1st. Snowy here this morning. Just enough to turn the ground white. Temp 28°. Last Day of this stuff for awhile.

Was up at 4:45 this morning. Bright eyed and bushy tailed. Since mom nature put any thoughts of outside chores on hold, I am going to devote my day to getting things ready to change the front entrance display and work in the Christmas cutouts. I’m sure there will be a walk thrown in here before the day is over. Will wrap up the outdoor chores over rest of week as looking at a 3 day span of dry weather.

Martha, talking about hunting seasons and dog walking. We have hunting seasons going on now. But it’s small game and game birds. Not that many people out doing that. The other one is archery deer season, but those hunters are usually up in tree stands or in ground blinds and have to sight their target before they can shoot anyway. With all the ground vegetation and tree leaves down, you can really see through the woods now. I do stay out of the woods during firearms deer season though. November 15th-30th. . The area where we walk is a mix of State and private land, bounded by roads on all four sides, a subdivision in one area as well. Michigan hunting regulations also require hunters to wear an article of blaze Orange as well. Hat, vest, hunting coat etc. and anybody with enough sense, who’s out walking in the woods, should be as well. Last year is the first time I came across a hunting blind on the one trail we walk. This was after season, so figured it’s probably somebody from one of the houses along the road near there. Passed it yesterday and there’s an old yellow towel hanging in a limb, so person is using it to mark the blind. Probably hunting on weekends or Dawn and dusk. So I respect that person’s area to hunt and stay away during those times, as I’ve been there, done that myself.

Barbie, sorry you are getting stressed out. Just take it one day at a time. Easier said than done I know. Haven’t heard from Carol lately. Wondering what the latest is with Bill’s situation. Beth, good luck with the trailer hunt. I think it’s a nice idea having one in both places to settle down with. I know the travel by car thing well. And having a dog does complicate things a bit. But more and more places are accommodating pets now. I haven’t missed my trailer at all. Anita, have you given a condo or even a tiny house any thought.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Rabbits Wednesday

Postby Irmi » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:07 am

Good morning Sue and all!

Sue, the snow picture you posted was pretty. I know the residents in your development appreciate everything you do at the front entrance display. I'm hoping Shirl will check in from time to time. Some one else that's been missing here is Lenora. And it's been awhile since Pat has posted. There was mention of going out to eat which is something we rarely do, mostly because I can make a meal here and it tastes better than most foods from a restaurant.

I said rabbits this morning with hopes for a good month. We have friends coming for a visit and lunch later today. Steve will cook a meatloaf on his Big Green Egg and I'm making a crab dip for the appetizer. It was 66 degrees when I got up this morning but we had a cold front that moved in which dropped the temperature to 62. With the breezes we're having, it feels much cooler.

Enjoy the first day of the month.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 am

Morning Irmi and Sue. Still very dark outside here but it isnt nearly as cold as it was. 44 here this morning much better than 27. I am sure the fog will roll in soon. I slept good last night didnt get up until 5, that works for me, much better than before 4. We have rain coming tomorrow and it will hang around as showers and cloudy for a while. OK by me.
Not sure what I will get into today. I need to go to the store tomorrow and pick up some more copy paper and some Stabil for my generator. Might just go to Walmart either before or after my lab draw.

Now for the most important part LOL I said RABBITS when I got up to go to the bathroom last night. Not sure how I remembered in the middle of the night but I did. Not looking forward to the time change this weekend but I am already changing the dogs feeding schedule slowly. Can't do much about my sleep schedule but it will take a few days to get it together, until March 10th when we change back. It is going to be pizza for lunch today. I usually cut my pizza in half then put it back in the freezer for later . I cant eat a whole pizza even tho it isnt really big, this works for me. I always add more goodies to it because I find they need some help. And I like the really thin crusts. I tried one of those Hot Pockets yesterday YUCK wont buy that again. I dont know what I was thinking, I guess just a quick small meal but never again. The other one went in the trash!!!! That is why I like to make my own do ahead meals.

Time for a second cup of coffee then finish reading on the computer before I get busy. This is my "me" time. The dog goes out, eats some breakfast...maybe, and now she is back to sleep until I get busy.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:23 am

Happy November ladies~~~
Somehow I remembered Rabbits! when I got up at 5:30.

I'm back in Tucson. Came 2 1/2 weeks early, skipping Monument Valley. Nights were getting in the 20s. It was unseasonably hot in For the first week or so, now it's been below average temps for the last 3 days with up to 40 mph winds. Thank goodness I'm not hauling the camper anywhere. Should get back into the 80s again for a bit.

Have an appointment for the camper on Monday, made when I bought it for warrenty work. Nothing to have done, but I'm going to have the wheel bearings repacked and to readjust a brake that locked up. Had to buy a new tire in Washington when I was there.

Here until January 1st then moving to Apache Junction thru March. Friend from grade school and high school will be up there looking for a place to buy, plus their daughter is getting married in February. I may tag along with them while they look for property. I'm also checking out areas around Tucson. I like the Oro Valley area. Thinking about becoming an actual snowbird but am not really expecting to buy this year. Just getting ideas.

Been spending time with Eileen's cousin-In-Law and some other ladies i met last year. Mostly playing games, but we did see the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit. It was awesome, but such a tortured soul he was.

That's it from from me. Stay warm. Been seeing some places already getting snow
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Othersharon » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:03 am

Good morning all! Woke up to a bit of snow on the ground this morning and it’s cold! Still only 32 right now and it’s after 11. After I put Buddy through his paces this morning I turned him loose in the yard and he had a great time running around in the snow. Seemed to make him happy even if I was freezing! Time to pull out the heavier winter gear, I suppose! Yesterday was his day to start testing me to see what I would let him get away with so I really had to be on my toes. Trainer warned me he would do exactly that and he sure did! And when I was walking him up and down the sidewalk out front we saw the neighbors out so knew it would be a good time for some more training. Luckily we had talked and they’ve met Buddy so they knew what to do. They have been dog owners too so that helped. He got a bit unhinged but all and all he didn’t do bad. I wasn’t happy but they both were impressed with his behavior. But couldn’t have asked for better people for his first time having a distraction of people. But we both need lots of work on that! Hope you all aren’t sick and tired of hearing about this saga! It seems to have consumed my life right now!
For sure winter has collided with fall around here! The leaves aren’t going anywhere until I can get a decent day to begin again on gathering them up. Supposed to get some sun and hopefully no rain for a few days anyway to give me time to work outside. Any piles I have so far have been scattered by either the wind or Buddy. He seems to love running through them! Trying to locate a tennis ball is quite a challenge for both of us! And right now I have piles all over the place so it’s hard to tell him no! Went out and started the RV awhile ago and luckily she started with no problem but I probably need to locate the trickle charger and hook it up. How I’ve lost it is beyond me! Need to check in the inside storage area to see if I put it there. Plus last night I went ahead and turned the outside water off and pulled the hose. Probably won’t need it anyway! Beth, exciting times for you looking for a trailer! Have fun! Nice that you aren’t under any pressure to decide and can take your time in deciding. My friends left yesterday heading for their winter in Myrtle Beach. Great timing on their part. Maybe one of these times I’ll make it down for a week or two. Or not. The weather always plays a huge factor in it. The mountains going through VA can be problematic for traveling, at least for me anyway. For now I’m content going places locally or not a far distance from home. Guess it’s time to put the iPad down and get busy doing some housekeeping! Have a great day and stay safe.
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:35 am

I stayed awake until midnight to say rabbits then. It's about the only way I can try to get it said. It's so nice to have the sun out today. Still windy, but it's starting to warm back up. I tried to take some water bird pics with my phone on our walk this morning, but only partially successful.

Sharon, we all anxiously await your progress reports on Buddy. I'm so glad you're seeing progress and not letting him get away with too much. Ty and I still have some battles with that and he's 10. But he's also much smaller so easier for me to reel in. Different breeds test us differently. There's no denying the Jack Russell in Ty.

I'm still planning on going for a ride today to see a couple tt's. It's scary to go see these two because being newer they'll be easier to want to jump right onto one of them. But they also are higher priced than I want to spend and I need to stand firm that if I like one enough, I can only consider it if they will bargain seriously.

I picked up my first electric bill and paid it. They bill the end of every month. So it was for only 5 days. Electric isn't cheap here or in Arizona so I was pleased figuring out the daily amount considering how hot it was those first 5 days. Last two it would be low as I've been using my propane furnace lol. Later this week highs look like they'll hit 90 again, but nights look to be cooler. Never happy lol. Enough with the 90's!!!

Cheryl, have fun looking. It's a big part of the battle but it's nice that you've found an area to search. I'm still struggling with my decisions. I still think I'll need a third short summer location lol Or take vacations then. Especially if I sell this C and won't be able to do short workamping stints. That's one reason I may not sell this. I like the idea of going back to Iowa for a couple months again this coming summer. Visiting friends and family in Iowa and Wisconsin. Making a couple day trip into South Dakota. And to have a "home base" to do it from was great this past summer. I also could see myself spending a summer in the northern NM State Parks. I always planned to do that and it's never happened, so it's on my list. It's hard to think about not rving at all anymore. Not yet.

I'm writing a book and have things to do, tt's to check out. Lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:40 pm

I came to my room, just as it turned midnight and November! I actually remembered to say rabbits. Sure hope that bodes well for the month ! I'm ready to have feel better days and good BP. I have Bowen therapy at 12:30, so I need to get moving, fix Stormy chicken and Suzie fruit, put bird feeder and water back out, then shower and get ready to go.
I do enjoy hearing about Buddy and all the pets all of you own.
It's almost 50° on way to mid 70's beautiful fall day. Our leaves are coloring up and starting to fall more each day. Have agreat day everyonr.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:42 pm

Good news on the Buddy front Sharon but he's still got alot of puppy in him too. Just don't give up!

Beth~ I read you're writing a book and was just going to ask what was the topic. Yes, I'm a doofus. :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby asirimarco » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:43 pm

Good morning to all - just got home from 3 mile walk in the Wetlands. We don't hurry so took one and a half hours. Walked Monday too for a little over 3 miles. This morning it was cold enough I wore a jacket. I remembered Rabbits only because last night I put a post it on my bathroom mirror! I got a new computer, spent all day yesterday loading it up and getting it the way I liked it. Turned it off for a while and when I turned it back on NOTHING...kept fooling with it and finally it said it was going to the Internet and redownload the operating system. Okay. Seems to be working. After it started again I got back on line, but not much else. And it came back on this morning so fingers crossed. Will put my programs back on it and try to get it set up to be more friendly. Not sure I like Windows 11...
Bill hasn't been doing to well the last few days. It is cold for him even with thermostat set at 79. So will have to work on that for him. He also has been rather depressed. The last shot in his eye doesn't seem to be working - and next appointment he can get is Dec 14 seven weeks from the shot last week. And the doctor told him he wanted to see him in 4 or 5 weeks at the most. So calling every day to see if there are cancellations. Doctor also wants to try different shot, but doesn't know if insurance will cover it.
And that is about it for us.
asirimarco

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:56 pm

As Irmi pointed out, the cold front from the north has finally made it to Florida. I am directly on the coast, literally right next to the beach with only a small greenery area between me and it, and the waves are really impressive--at least 5-7' tall out a couple of hundred feet. I need to clean my windshield as it gets covered in salt spray very quickly.

Until last night, I have had to have the AC running occasionally every night for the last 3-4 weeks, but this morning when I woke up, it was 66 inside my motorhome, so I got the little heater out. And at 2 pm, it is still 66 outside and dropping to a low of 59 during the night. RV is rocking and rolling from the wind, so I am glad I am not going out until tomorrow.

The "Buddy training" will get easier as he gets used to his new behavior and gives up testing you so often. Then, you will be able to enjoy him more and have to work at things less.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby chalet05 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:53 pm

Happy November! The frosty mornings have left us for a bit. Now we have stagnant air!

Sue, I have looked at tiny homes, park models and camper vans. Condo or townhome could end up being just as bad as an apartment. Cheryl, I had to read 'writing a book' twice! Sometimes procrastination pays off. I have both FedEx and USPS shipments that I was going to take to Leavenworth, but discovered a new business here in Cashmere that will take the FedEx. Will take care of it tomorrow as I have a dentist appointment here in town.

Almost 1 and I haven't accomplished anything but a shower. One of those gloomy days. Here's wishing us all a good month!
Anita
chalet05

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:18 pm

Well I am curtailed working outside because apparently it decided to rain earlier than expected.....as in Thursday. Guess the car washing is on hold. I dont pay much attention to the weather people, my weather comes from sticking my nose outside to see how cold, hot, wet, rainy etc it actually is at the moment.
So just had lunch, another load of laundry to fold then I think I am done for the day.
I decided I would clean my oven beings as it is a rather chilly day. Ate my pizza, make a Mocha and now I smell my self cleaning oven doing it's thing.
Been streaming Mary Higgins Clark Collections on TUBI. They arent as long as some movies so I do enjoy them. Good mysteries and the ads are short also. TUBI is free so I can't really complain. Easy watching and I am so over the Hallmark type movies. They are all pretty much the same.

"Current boyfriend is too busy to go with Girl back home due to some emergency or inheritance. She meets new love or a once old love. Current boyfriend finally comes out, sees her with new love, so he proposes, new love sees the proposal, runs off. She turns down old love but new love doesnt know. She searches for him, finds him, says she loves him and all is well now." I really need to get a life LOL

Carol, I am on my third different medicine for my eyes, Vabysmo, the latest and the greatest. I was on Eylea but Vabysmo got approved last year so my doc changed to it. IF insurance wont approve it the company offers financial assistance. My insurance approved. I did keep getting papers to fill out for financial assistance for this drug tho. Not sure who it came from I think my eye doc's office. What have they diagnosed Bill's eyes with? I know it has allowed me to go 8 weeks now between injections. Beth are you writing a book kind of like Malia wrote?? or a novel of your travels? That would be a good one. Sharon glad you and Buddy are doing so well. I think most of us are interested on here to keep up with your progress. I enjoy reading everyones trials and tribulations. Ya know the good and the bad. Like we all have.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby PeggyinCT » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:19 pm

Hello Everybody. I’m checking in from beautiful Bahia de Kino. The weather is just about perfect now. It was very hot two weeks ago and hurricanes were brewing. Luckily we didn’t get any of Hurricane Otis which was so devastating in Acupulco
which is much further south.
I’m having difficulty getting down on the floor, so I decided I’d better do some yoga. There aren’t any classes here, so I have to do it myself. Hopefully the poses will come back to me as I do more. I enjoy my walks on the beach, but those don’t really help with flexibility. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby Cudedog » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:34 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Easy watching and I am so over the Hallmark type movies. They are all pretty much the same.

"Current boyfriend is too busy to go with Girl back home due to some emergency or inheritance. She meets new love or a once old love. Current boyfriend finally comes out, sees her with new love, so he proposes, new love sees the proposal, runs off. She turns down old love but new love doesnt know. She searches for him, finds him, says she loves him and all is well now."

LOL, Karen, I hear you on that one. Although I do enjoy a Hallmark-type movie once in a while, many/most of them to have a kind of sameness to them. One Hallmark-type movie that I DID really enjoy (looks like it is available for streaming on the Roku channel, and elsewhere) that really warms the heart is called "A Dog Named Christmas":

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/a-dog-named-christmas?id=29bb3f670f3655e6a75b39cce5e6d70b

Here is another film that I really enjoyed. For those of you that have Netflix, I highly recommend a film called "Faraway".

LOL. No beatings, no murders, no car chases, etc. It is a very gentle - and very very funny - film about a "woman of a certain age" who is totally fed up with her life, and suddenly decides to go on a trip (just the basics here!) and unexpectedly finds romance in a beautiful place.

Fabulous photography, excellent acting, wonderful storytelling.

I highly recommend it!:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81286006

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:31 pm

Beth, you better get busy on that book that we are all anxiously waiting to read! :lol: :lol: (I misread that myself for a minute! :roll: )

In spite of the barking dogs, I fell asleep around 8:30 last night and woke up at 8am this morning! Slept really good and feel better today. I forgot to say "rabbits" but since it hasn't worked very well for me, maybe not saying it will be better this month! :?

Work was slow so that was good. Have the next 2 days off now. We had a stylist come over to work this morning from another shop to help out. She was very nice. I taught her how to "point cut" a haircut and she tried it on a lady and it turned out really nice. Apparently they don't teach that in schools. I learned it from another stylist a long time ago and do most of my haircuts that way. Instead of cutting the hair straight across, you cut little "V" notches in the ends ( ------- versus vvvvvv). It gives more texture to the hair and is good for thinning and blending too. I also cut my fingers more doing that :roll: I was told that CA has really lowered the number of hours for Cosmetology school required for licensing and have eliminated the practical (hands on) test, so just a written test . The students already don't know much coming out of school as it is, and now will know even less! :roll:

I need to start cleaning up the house again (didn't do much for the past two weeks because of not feeling good). I have a house showing on Friday afternoon. I guess it is a couple who are already renting here in the park, that are looking to buy. Could be promising since they are already familiar with the park.

We are having our first yard sale in two weeks so I need to get some things together for that. Finally heard about the Putters League and that will start a week from next Tuesday. I have already requested Tuesday mornings off from work for that. There was a Halloween street dance here last night but I was in no shape to go. There is a "Welcome Back" dance tomorrow night but I am not sure if I will go or not. The music is usually really loud and most of the people I know here are not back yet. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

Dogs really need their owners to be Alpha Dog. Otherwise, they will take on that role, if the owner doesn't, and then the owner has no control.

I think I will make tuna salad in the next day or two. I never did make the banana blueberry bread but I wasn't feeling up to it lately.

I left the windows closed last night knowing it would be chilly overnight and also didn't want to listen to the dogs barking. Woke up this morning with blankets on me and very chilly in my house! It got down to 49* overnight! :shock: . Got dressed quickly, put on a sweater and slippers too! Will be that chilly at night for a few more days before warming up again. Not complaining tho. I like sweater weather. But may have to turn the heat on a bit at night now. Day times are in the low to mid 80's.

Have a good evening!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Morning Coffee