TGIF

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: TGIF

Postby Cudedog » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:33 am

BarbaraRose wrote:Romeow likes to jump up on the counter and then on the top of the fridge to get to the top of the upper cabinets where he likes to hang out. Well, sometimes he accidentally knocks open the freezer door. Tonight I went out to the kitchen and found the door open again. Must have been open quite awhile because my ice cream was getting soupy. I need to find a way to keep the door from opening by Romeow stepping on it. I checked on Amazon for fridge door locks but they all use sticky stuff to stick them on there. I need something easily removable (like magnets) so I can take it off when showing the house. For now I just put some clear packing tape on the door but can't keep doing that all the time either. Any ideas?
Not sure how I can keep Romeow from getting up there either.

Morning, Barbie.

My refrigerator is the kind that has a kind of open metal gridwork on the back. To keep my Joe from getting in the fridge, I just put a bunjee cord from the gridwork to the door handle. I don't put it on too tight, in order to keep from damaging the metal gridwork.

This looks weird, but keeps the fridge door closed just firmly enough to keep Joe from being able to open it.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby monik7 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:53 am

With all the positive talk about Jersey Mike’s, I decided to give them a try for the first time. I ordered a Regular BLT. I especially wasn’t impressed when the price was $10.95 and they also asked for a tip. I got two meals out of it but I would think some people might think 1/2 wasn’t very big for a meal. Anyway, the sandwich was OK but $10.95 is not an amount I’ll spend again for a sandwich.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Good morning, I was interested in all the comments I got on sandwich decision. Although I did go out and buy a roast beef sandwich, it came with a small container of potato salad. So I got three meals! It was $16 . Fair price for what I received. This was place isn’t “fast food “. I have have a Jack in the Box, a taco place, a Burger King and a Subway and McDonalds within my scooter distance, I don’t like Subway and I never go to the other places. Too much salt and calories in s small amount of food. I do like the Gyros and Ka-bobs from two places near me. I also love the “drunken noodles “ from the Thai across the street. Wow, are you hungry yet? I am in the East Village right next to the Gas Lamp Quarter so I won’t ever starve.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Good morning, we are a bit warmer today 30/51 but the sun keeps peeking out so I have some sunshine coming in my windows today. Don't have them open tho ha ha
I am still dressed very warm but that way I dont have to turn up my heat. If I am doing chores I get warm anyway but sitting I need my electric throw. One of my best purchases along with my electric blanket ha ha When I was skiing I bought battery operated heated socks........yup I am a wuss but I have lots of warm clothes, gloves, scarfs and hats. Dont much care for the hats tho but I have a couple if needed.

Martha and Judy hope you heal up quickly and Barbie on the mend also. Thankfully I am feeling pretty good with just the normal aches and pains of aging. BJ just have Vanguard send you a check, ha ha
I dont eat out much either, especially anything I often make at home. What is the point to that when mine is always better. I do like to eat out once in a while and not to fast food well maybe In n Out burger. They make every burger fresh and not with frozen patties. Now they only make one thing BURGERS, fries, one size and milkshakes. Now you can buy multiple patties on your burger if that is your thing. I just get their single cheeseburger (comes with lettuce, tomato and onion if you want) and fries. $5.80 THAT is a bargain compared to the other fast food places. And it is right down the street from me.....but I dont go there often. Next time might try a milkshake, never had one yet. I usually go for the expresso drinks in town that cost more than my whole meal. I dont do that often either but every once in a while I splurge. Lyn I would probably love your Thai place it sounds great and YES I am hungry now ha ha Sandi sorry you didnt like Jersey Mikes and I agree it is a bit pricy. I do get two meals out of it usually but not always ha ha I like the Sub Club and the meatball sandwich (messy but good).

Sharon glad you and Buddy are finding your new normal Good Luck. Barbie hope you figure out what is wrong with your car. Other than it is a Jeep ha ha ha just teasing you. I am off to shampoo the hallway and guest room carpet. More tomorrow after that dries.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:08 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Sharon glad you and Buddy are finding your new normal Good Luck.

Well, darn it!

I, too, have been looking forward to the report of Buddy's progress. . . but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please send me the link?

Thanks!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:47 pm

Cudedog wrote:
OregonLuvr wrote:Sharon glad you and Buddy are finding your new normal Good Luck.

Well, darn it!

I, too, have been looking forward to the report of Buddy's progress. . . but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please send me the link?

Thanks!!

Anne

She posted on this mornings coffee thread.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:23 pm

My refrigerator is the kind that has a kind of open metal gridwork on the back. To keep my Joe from getting in the fridge, I just put a bunjee cord from the gridwork to the door handle. I don't put it on too tight, in order to keep from damaging the metal gridwork.

This looks weird, but keeps the fridge door closed just firmly enough to keep Joe from being able to open it.

Thanks Anne, I will check that out!

I went to 5 Guys for lunch the other day. I ordered a "small" cheeseburger and a shake, no fries. It came to $16 :o . Burgers there are great but that is way over my lunch budget! Even taco Bell is getting pricey. Once they raise the fast food employee wages to $20 per hour out here, those prices are really gonna be outrageous!!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee