Rumbling Tuesdsy Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rumbling Tuesdsy Morning

Postby Colliemom » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:38 am

Morning gals. It’s almost 9 a.m. and twilight dark out there. Enough to trigger outside security lights, front entrance lights etc. on. Storm and heavy rain moving in. Supposed to do this all day with breaks in between. Really coming down out there now. Glad I don’t have to go anywhere. Will work on finishing up the Christmas Gnome and then maybe later after this wave passes, will venture out to the garage and trace out the last two patterns. Was thinking about vacumming and dusting, but not if I have to turn every light in the house on to do it.

Sure am glad I cleaned those gutters out yesterday morning. Was 31 when I went out to put out he trash. And get my morning chores started. Knew I only had a few hours before rain was to start. So, I blew out the gutters, blew the leaves off my deck and around my back yard. Then hopped on my tractor and cleaned up what leaves I could. There’s more coming down yet anyway. Brought my neighbors tractor over, washed it, put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank, back to their garage, took the battery out and put it away for the winter. Got done what I wanted and it started to rain not long after. Looking at rain and showers until end of week. Might have one good day over weekend.

Anita, I can see why you are having some snow. That big mass of cold air is supposed to hit the northern tier states. I suspect Shelia will have snow and NWS isn’t ruling out the possibility that we might see some snowflakes around end of week or early next week. Wouldn’t surprise me as the weather is always crazy around Halloween here.

Barbie, glad you are starting to feel a bit better. Beth, hope you arrive safely at your destination today. Then you can park for the winter.
Sharon, glad to hear Buddybis coming aling so well in his training. Molly can get stubborn with me sometimes especially when we go for walks. She knows our routes, she has her favorites and sometimes she will balk if I don’t go her way. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I don’t. That’s when I lay down the law. Karen, glad you seem to have found some good CD rates. I have one coming due in December off 5.04% and my credit union has had a special going since summer, 9 months at 5.09%. Am hoping it keeps going till mine expires and then I will grab that.

Guess I should get dressed and get into something. Want to change my bed. Storm and rain are moving in now. So getting light again. Wishing you all a nice day no matter where you are or what you are doing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Rumbling Tuesdsy Morning

Postby Irmi » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:45 am

Good morning Sue and all!

Sue, the pictures you posted of the fall foliage in your area are so pretty. I must admit I miss that, but I don't miss the cold. Beth, continued safe travels to your destination. Barbie, I hope you start feeling better. Sharon, I'm looking forward to you getting Buddy home with hopes you are happy with what he learned. The treadmill sounds like a great idea! I hope Shirl comes back to join us. Lyn, I was so happy to hear from you and hope you'll start feeling better. Karen, good to hear you're area is getting rain. Anita, it's hard to believe you and other areas will be seeing snow.

It is 77 degrees here and we'll get into the mid 80's with sunshine and winds, but not the kind Barbie experiences.

Tomorrow, my sister and 4 of her friends that we know, are coming for a visit and we'll be making lunch for everyone. Steve will cook the baby back ribs on his Big Green Egg this afternoon and will cook the chicken drumsticks and thighs tomorrow. We'll also have potato salad, baked beans and broccoli salad. I made Molasses Cookies for dessert. Nothing fancy but they're good.
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:18 am

I’m feeling better. My pharmacist grand daughter told me it may take awhile for the new pills to work. I guess they have just “kicked” in! At least I am able to get dressed without lying down afterward!
I wish I were coming to lunch at your house Irmi.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:19 pm

Good morning gals,

Got to bed really late last night, finally fell asleep around 2:30am and woke up around 7am. Between the crazy barky dogs across the street, the weed whackers, and lawn mowers, it was almost impossible to try to get back to sleep. They seeded the lawns a couple weeks ago and this is the first time mowing since then so it should look nice out there now. I hope the people across the street get done with the remodeling and leave soon! I am sure they have gotten a lot of complaints about the dogs. I know they did when they were here last year.

So I am tired and my throat is a bit sore this morning. I am hoping this stays up in my head and doesn't move down into my chest and start me coughing! I am sure there will be a nap in my schedule today.

I went shopping last weekend at WinCo and got a paper bag for my groceries instead of plastic (why don't all store s go back to paper??? :? ). The cats are having a great time playing in that paper bag now! One goes inside and the other attacks the bag on the outside! So fun to watch!

I have had Sophie for 5 months now. Seems like a lot longer than that. She sure made herself at home quickly and is a great addition for me and Romeow. :D She is healthy, her fur is super soft and shiny now and she is so sweet and easy-going.

I think I will find some breakfast and try to get some more sleep since all is quiet finally, outside. I had the windows open all night and the light breeze sure felt good. Closed them up earlier tho, to block out all the noise. Will be 90* today so the AC will be back on.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:03 pm

I woke up way to dang early again today 3:30 didnt get up until 4. Oh well I feel rested. And of course no nap for me, will just go to bed early (as usual ha ha) Just finished washing the kitchen and dining area floors. Will need to do the bathrooms but probably tomorrow and will wash the rugs also.

Nothing else going on so far. Need to do a bit more research on Youtube, my favorite for honest reviews. We are supposed to have rain showers later on this afternoon, we shall see. Right now just cloudy. Forecast 43/56 so a pretty cool start. Lyn glad you are starting to feel better. Some meds do take a while to build up in your system. Irmi your menu sounds very inviting. Sue I wish we would get some downpouring of rain. Just a smattering most of the time. Will be interesting to see what Buddy has learned and retained. Barbie hope your cold is on it's way out and doesnt go to your chest. I just hope this year I dont catch ANYTHING. Might just hibernate.

Guess I will go think about lunch since I was up so dang early so ate breakfast much earlier than I usually do. Made a pot of soup so that should be good for lunch.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:31 pm

Barbie, tear a small finger-sized hole i bottom of bag and stick your finger in it. Then wiggle finger and pull it back fast before cat attacks and bites it! Lots of fun

Also that car crash near New Orleans was innews. 150 vehicles and 7 fatalities due to heavy fog. :cry:
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:49 pm

Karen, fun watching you help people spend money. Lol Lyn, it's wonderful that you're feeling better and that you're visiting here more.

I wanted to get an earlier start than I did, but with the shorter days comes less sun on both ends. So while I woke up early, it was dark and I went back to bed. I would have hit the wind even leaving earlier, but not for as long. That said, I'm at my winter location and I'm trying to figure out how to change things on my RV policy to save money while sitting still so long. In chat, answers weren't very good. So I just went in and was changing different options on the policy. Somehow, I must have put wrong things in because when I went to see what it did to my money it showed I'd owe lol. So I closed it out and will go back tomorrow and try again.

I, too, am looking forward to hearing about Buddy's progress.

Tomorrow, I'll be seeing the dentist. I'm hoping this won't be as major as I've been predicting and that I can get help tomorrow. We shall see.

Oh, Ty is thrilled to be back here. He's been visiting a couple of favorite people already. He's so spoiled.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:49 pm

I went to town looking for the batteries for my Vivo Fit. CVS and Walgreens didn't have them. Walmart had some in the Jewelry department but it took 15 minutes to find someone to come get them for me.

Judy, they are still cleaning up the mess on I-55 and part of the interstate is still closed and will be for a while. Some of the vehicles caught fire so probably damaged the road. It is in an area that is a bridge over the swamp.

It wasn't foggy this morning and my son's appointment is at 1:15 tomorrow. If there is fog it should be gone by the time we have to get on the road. I need to remind him to not let them give him early appointments. We will start having a lot of fog as it cools off.

We had a cat one time that learned that if he ran and jumped on one of the slick plastic bags it would slide with him on the carpet.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cudedog » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:37 pm

Acadianmom wrote:We had a cat one time that learned that if he ran and jumped on one of the slick plastic bags it would slide with him on the carpet.

Martha

Thanks for the story, Martha. Animals are just so amazing.

One of my long-ago favorite Staffordshire Bull Terriers, my sweet Little Blaze Boy (oh, I have such beautiful memories of that boy!!), was a dog completely and totally obsessed by balls and ball-shaped objects of any kind, of any shape and just about any size (so long as he could get his mouth around them!). To the extent that I had to keep the laundry basket with the rolled-up socks out of his reach, and at Christmas time, I had to keep the Christmas tree fenced off with baby gates to keep him from getting to the sparkly ball-shaped ornaments.

His most special favorite kind of ball of all was a bouncy tennis ball. I had to keep a ready supply of them around, because he wore them out pretty quick.

On days when I had been too busy for "ball time" with him (I never did quite understand how he figured out how to do this all on his own - I certainly never trained him to do this) he would get the ball in his mouth (usually when I was busy with other things), go over to his favorite corner of the living room, lie on the floor, drop the ball between his front paws, turn his paws inwards just a bit so that he could "grasp" the ball, then (while tightly holding the ball in his paws), he would put his head down behind the ball so that it was resting on his snout almost up to his eyes (Staffords are a very short-faced breed), give his head a quick, upwards jerk - and the ball would pop up, fly into the air, and bounce across the room!!

Of course, he would then madly leap to his feet, scramble to chase it down, grab it, bring it back to the corner of the living room where he had started - and do it all again!

One time we were chatting in the living room with some friends we had had over for dinner. I guess he got tired of being ignored, so he started in with his "tossing-and-chasing-the-ball" thing.

Our guests were open-mouth astonished watching him do this.

We just laughed.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 pm

Anne, if you had a video of that you could win big on what was it called America's funnest video??? I don't recall and don't imagine that it is still on but bet it would be a winner in You Tube fame... :lol: and Martha that story also made me laugh... it's totally amazing what animals will do ... you hear how lacking in intelligence animalsare I so disagree with that... I think we will be amazed at how intelligent they really are if we just understood better...
we are suppose to get rain then snow later tonight or in the early A.M. then into tomorrow... wish now that I'd gotten more milk but totally forgot about it I'll be ok for a couple days especially if I try to drink more of other things instead...
I was going to mention the other day when Velda was talking about state fair purchases that ours was always every year those knives :lol: the serrated one have one in the trailer and mom has one it will go with me when we clean out her house :)
your menu does sound good Irmi I enjoy cooking but get tired of my cooking so would totally enjoy it... your meals always sound good.. so glad Lyn that you are feeling better... I will have to remember your method Karen do you make your own crust or one out of the freezer or ??? thank you for posting it
I'm really surprised that I heard the phone at 6:30 this morning it was dd#3 telling me to go check on grandma as she had just called her and was moaning but didn't talk to her... so I go and see if she is ok looked like she hadn't slept much said she didn't feel well but to noticeable reasons so I gave her a pain pill I know that when I finally turned off my light hers was still on as it was at 6:30 she turned off the light and hopefully slept she still didn't feel well when I asked if she wanted to go to the birthday luncheon at Senior Center so we didn't go and I made zoom... I think the phone call was her checking her phone for the time and accidentally caller daughter
then while I was out at the store had just gotten to the post office and phone rang dd#3 again is grandma ok she called again :roll: when I got home and started to unload stuff she opened the door I guess to see if I was home yet... must be feeling better as she has been up more...
today is my 53 rd anniversary do miss him...
don't think I will finish this movie need to check out the mail put my air plants in their place and although its not a bad movie another one that saw way too many times last year...
had to laugh I saw a video on FB that had this guy showing how to make lasagna soup using Dan'o seasoning googled it found it in Keokuk Iowa well while in Iowa although we didn't make it there checked walmart and they had it... but then I couldn't find the video... but I found recipes for lasagna soup so put together the list and all out of Italian seasoning so looked for it and there it was Dano's seasoning :lol: more expensive.
glad you are feeling better Barbi
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:25 pm

Fog is terrible to drive in. It is like someone painted your windshield with white paint! Very scary! I can't imagine being pinned in that accident and hearing and feeling all the cars and trucks behind you crashing into each other and wondering if you are gonna survive. I have seen horrific videos of those pile-ups. :o

I had a cat once who taught herself how to fetch! Do you remember those shade pulls that were round and attached to a string with string wrapped around them? I would buy a bag of those and cut off the long string. She would pick them up by the knot on the edge and bring them to me. I would throw them across the room and say "fetch!" She would run and find them, pick them up in her mouth and bring them back to me. If I didn't throw it right away. She would pick it up and drop it again in front of me and bat at me with her paw! She loved that game!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:18 pm

snowball wrote:Anne, if you had a video of that you could win big on what was it called America's funnest video??? I don't recall and don't imagine that it is still on but bet it would be a winner in You Tube fame...
sheila

Good evening, Sheila.

Oh, how I wish - with all my heart - that I had a video of my sweet Blaze boy having fun with his ball. Or any kind of video of him at all. If I had a ball video, I'm sure (like you said) that it would be a hit on YouTube or some other place.

Alas, my Blaze has been gone from me now for a great many years (seventeen, I think). When he was a young dog is when he used to do this - which would make it twenty-five years ago, at least. Maybe closer to thirty.

Long before the time, like today, that everyone seems to have a handy-dandy video recorder in their hip pocket (smart phone) to make instant videos of such things, and longer still before the coming of YouTube and any kind of so-called "social media".

Those were the days, for sure.

I hope that you enjoyed reading the story of my Blaze as much as I enjoyed telling it. I do so enjoy reminiscing about my good times with my good dogs. In many ways, my dogs have been my greatest comfort and my greatest joy for the better part of my life.

I'll just leave it at that, and say no more.

Sheila, heard on the news that your area might get some snow. Isn't it kind of early for snow for you? Oh well, if it comes it comes.

Less than ten days ago temps topped out at 102 degrees, this afternoon the high temp was in the low 60's! Quite the change!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee