Damp Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Damp Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:57 am

Morning everyone. Karen, you aren’t the only one with the foggy damp weather. Same here. We had three days of dry weather earlier, followed by damp, rain showery weather ever since. And a cold front moving through yesterday. Highs back u to 40’s for the weekend, warmig up again beginning of next week. Currently 42°. One thing about the wet weather, it sure has made the yellows and reds in the trees that are changing, pop. They are the last of this fall’s color show. My front yard is buried under leaf fall right now. Will get in them soon as they they dry out. Want to get this done so I can give both mine and my neighbors lawn tractors a bath, store their batteries and put them away for the winter. One of these days that white stuff is gonna be around. We are heading toward November. But haven’t had frost or a freeze yet. Used to be we had frosts pretty regularly by end of Sept.

Nothing much going in here. Just working on wood crafts. Will finish up last Christmas Gnome and then have to trace and cut out last two patterns I want to do.

Beth, sounds like you are having a fun trip back to TX. Carol, sorry Bill didn’t pass his eye test, but hopefully doc will be able to help him with that. I’ve been out doing long walks again now too, since Molly is able to do that again. And she’s been making up for lost time too :lol: Especially if she can get me to take them in the woods. Did you finish your Diamond painting project? Barbie, don’t lose hope on selling. Tbe season is young yet. Snowbirds are still arriving. And first timers who rent for a season will be looking too. Home selling goes like that. You get lookers at the beginning, then a lull and then the more serious lookers start to pop up.

Guess I should get moving here. Looks to be a dry but chilly weekend. Maybe the leaves will dry out as forecast showing showers all next week again. Might go in a hay ride later today as one of the local farms is doing them through the farm woods. Just need to dress for the weather. They are having cider and donuts and petting zoo for the kids. Can feed the baby goats. Doesn’t have an age limit on ‘kids” :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Damp Saturday

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:36 am

Today will be a down day. Lazy day. But with Ty staring daggers at me, a walk will be in the cards soon. Oh, I think he wants his breakfast first. Lol It's sunny and 50 degrees now. Will be in the 80's this afternoon.

An update on Shirl. She's taking a sabbatical from social media. I haven't talked her into coming back here, but you never know. She's settled at her daughters and on that regard life is good.

As to Lyn, her email spits back to me. I do have her phone number and will try it later today. I think it's too early on the west coast right now to be calling.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:10 am

Another damp cloudy day here and I am sure the fog will roll in soon.54/63 Yup Fall is arriving for sure. I see the hills spotted with yellow and orange in amongst the evergreens.

Not sure what is on my agenda for today and some of it depends on whether it is too damp outside or not. I do have to go pick up my grocery order at 10am but that wont take long. I didnt need much BUT you dont have to buy much to spend $35 for free pickup. They had a few things on sale that I wanted so that worked out well for me. I will have to make a Costco run later this week as I am running low on ground beef and have a few casseroles I want to make and freeze. Costco is a very scary place tho.......always spend more that I intend to of course.

I have a couple of CD's coming due this month and next. So will look and see what the rates are doing and where to put the money. Just read where mortgage rates have increased AGAIN to finance a house WOW and with the price of houses seems out of touch for most people right now. So far no rumblings of the Feds increasing the current rate.

Sheila so glad you had a good trip and got your visiting in. I dont have any big trips planned right now but hopefully some short ones. Luckily I am close enough to the snow up in Diamond Lake, a trip to the coast, shopping in Eugene or Medford. Most is 70 minutes to 2 hours away. Laura is 2 1/2 hours but that is usually more of a couple days visit Sometimes just getting out of town for a few hours is just enough of a change to keep me happy.

Beth you snuck in right before me. Glad to hear Shirl is doing well. I am concerned about Lyn tho, hope she is doing okay. Just always worries me when they go missing for so long. Thanks for trying to check on them.
Well off for another cup of coffee then breakfast. Will see what I get into later.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Redetotry » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:55 pm

Good Afternoon, It is sunny and very pleasant here. I've been out to the farmers market but was disappointed, the women who bake pies and other desserts were not there today. I was going to get something to take to our block party tomorrow. Will have to regroup!
Beth I'm glad you were in touch with Shirl but was sorry to hear she is taking a break from posting. I've been looking for an update from Sharon as to how Buddy is progressing at training 'camp'.
My two little ones got into a fight, well it was actually Toby who jumped on Pippa this morning. I had just answered an important business call and I had to just put the phone down and yell them apart. Needless to say I was rather embarrassed. Toby is getting so grumpy lately, he got into some chicken wing bones earlier in the week and bit DH when he tried to take it away. I think he must be in pain so I need to remember to give him CBD twice a day.
I need a nap! I was sound asleep when the alarm went off this morning. DH takes Emma to the trainer 6 days a week at 7:30 so I just get up even on the day she is home as she and Toby are ready to go out and have breakfast at that time. Pippa still doesn't go outside which is ok with me as I can't let her outside alone because I'm afraid a hawk or an owl would get her. Oh the things we do for our little ones1
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:47 pm

I got hold of Lyn. My ears aren't meant for phones and I don't believe Lyn's are either. I asked her to please come on and post.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:57 pm

Good afternoon.

So glad to hear from Lyn! Good also to know that Shirl is OK and settling in at her daughter's house.

I called in sick this morning. I have a sore throat and just don't feel too good so I will just hang out on my bed today and rest. Just in case, I have a Covid test I will take later on. Am eating some of my Manuca honey for the sore throat.

That's about it here... Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:04 pm

So glad to have news of Shirl and to see your post, Lyn!

Beth, your talk of the phone reminded me I wanted to ask those of you with hearing aids if you use the Bluetooth connection for the phone. I tried mine right after I got them and the other person was muffled. Possibly operator error. Hoping I can get my daughter to work with me on it this weekend.

I did take a ride Thursday, but by the time I went the sun was off the colors in the canyon. Son-in-law sent photo of trees across the river from them and they were prettier than anything I saw! Looking at temps, I think I'll be preparing the Sling for winter this afternoon. Have football on and trying to tie up some loose ends - those things I just ignore!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:19 pm

chalet05 wrote:So glad to have news of Shirl and to see your post, Lyn!

Beth, your talk of the phone reminded me I wanted to ask those of you with hearing aids if you use the Bluetooth connection for the phone. I tried mine right after I got them and the other person was muffled. Possibly operator error. Hoping I can get my daughter to work with me on it this weekend.

I did take a ride Thursday, but by the time I went the sun was off the colors in the canyon. Son-in-law sent photo of trees across the river from them and they were prettier than anything I saw! Looking at temps, I think I'll be preparing the Sling for winter this afternoon. Have football on and trying to tie up some loose ends - those things I just ignore!

When I use it, I hear much better than when I don't. Almost everyone knows I don't like the phone, so I don't use it often. And where it would really help (the phones at work) I don't have that option.
Beth
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:22 pm

Good afternoon. Still misty and damp outside so decided to do some cooking. I made a big pan of lasagna, and will freeze it for lunches or dinners. Also made a meatloaf. I love meatloaf sandwiches alot. Will slice and freeze some of that also. Might make some mashed potatoes to have with some for dinner. Other than that not much else.

Happy to hear Shirl is settled, I do miss her posts tho. Lyn sorry you are having issues with the meds that are supposed to help you. Very frustrating I am sure.
I am computer shopping but dang they want big bucks for them now. No sense buying an underpowered one so will keep looking. I dont need anything fancy but reliable would be good. They all come with Windows 11 now so after watching a few youtube videos I dont think it will be hard to transition from 10 to 11. Reviews on 11 are good so we shall see. No hurry, I have old slow reliable working. The other one works when it feels like it instead of when I want it to.

time for my afternoon Mocha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:01 pm

I hate to brag but the weather here in northeast Florida on the ocean is glorious! (OK, maybe I like to brag.) High today was 77, sunny, and with a wonderful breeze coming in from the ocean.

Yesterday, I drove out and bought a new bedspread quilt on sale, and also picked up a few things, plus dumped my tanks and stopped at the campground visitor center. That took most of my day, especially since I changed my bed and put on new sheets before putting on the new quilt. Today, I spent a frustrating hour trying to put new latches on the big drawer under my refrigerator, and no matter what I did, I could not get the screws in the old holes. I even used a mirror and a flashlight to try to get the top part on the top, inside of the drawer opening. It is a really dumb system, so I am going to try to find something else. Then I finished a project I have been putting off for over 6 months, which is replacing the 30 amp plug for my rig. The prongs on the old one were loose, and not always staying in the receptacle. I had a new one, and tried to match everything the same way, but it was a little longer, so I had to cut the wires a bit and retwist and put them on again. It took me almost two hours because the thick wire was hard to cut and twist, and to curve around the fasteners, and I got really shaky so had to stop for a while. Whew! Everything plugged in and working, luckily.

Got a small steak out to cook for my dinner, and am relaxing right now before I even start that.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:10 pm

Ty and I took a couple good walks. I heard back from Shirl and I reached Lyn. So being a slug otherwise is ok lol. Tomorrow I'll be on the road again and will go further than normal, including the stop in Paris, TX for the replica Eiffel Tower. If all so goes well I'll try for an early start tomorrow. It would be easy if the car was already hooked up, but that might make a later start if it's a cooler morning. Yes, bi can be wimpy. Even though I'm in a pull through, the angle I'm parked won't allow me to hook up and if I pull forward to an angle that'll work, I'll be way out of level, which is why I ended up unhooked to being with. It's really easy to hook up, so I am just being wimpy. Goes with not being a morning person lol

I'm definitely a major Amazon shopper. And Walmart when they have the better prices. I've been using the Amazon subscribe and save feature for a long time, too. It comes in so handy. Every month I double check in case I need to change what's coming. And make sure it's set for the right address. In Texas I now will be getting most Amazon deliveries from their drivers/trucks. If I order one day, it usually comes the next. Last winter I took advantage once of free delivery from Walmart and once from HEB, too. Just like pickup, I save lots by not running the aisles and then I don't even need to drive too town.

Judy, you snuck in. Go ahead and brag.
Beth
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:31 pm

chalet05 wrote:Beth, your talk of the phone reminded me I wanted to ask those of you with hearing aids if you use the Bluetooth connection for the phone. I tried mine right after I got them and the other person was muffled. Possibly operator error. Hoping I can get my daughter to work with me on it this weekend.!

Anita, I use the Bluetooth with my hearing aids all the time. As happens once in a while the Bluetooth disconnects. I can’t stand holding the phone up to my ear. So I always make sure everything is connected. I’m truly spoiled.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:01 pm

Still feeling kind of crappy. Along with the sore throat, I feel like I have a temperature but I checked it off and on all day and it is normal. I did take the Covid test and that is normal too. I probably just have a cold coming on. So I will go in to work tomorrow and hope it isn't too busy. Then I have 3 days off.

I did nothing today as planned. Just got caught up on some emails, mostly RV and ADHD related. :D Nothing much to do anyways since the laundry is done and house is clean. Just a few small projects to do and I wanted to run a few errands. Didn't even feel good enough to go out anywhere. Too hot yet anyways.

The wind is picking up tonight some. Low of 60* tonight but I probably won't open the windows because of the wind. We have a high wind advisory for tomorrow thru Monday with blowing sand/dust so will have to close the porch windows before I go to work tomorrow. However, with the wind, comes cooler temps. 80's predicted for the next 10+ days starting on Monday. Finally!!

Sandi, good to see you on here! Have been wondering about you too. And we also haven't heard from Catherine for a bit... :?

Karen, I was reading about your meatloaf sandwiches. I wonder if people make meatloaf burgers? I think that would work. That sounds really good!

Gonna get to bed early tonight.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:29 pm

Barbie I have a recipe for meatloaf muffins LOL So I am sure you could just make a flatter one and call it a burger LOL Just make your favorite meatloaf recipe and do whatever you want with it. I like making the meatloaf in muffin pan and then freeze a few.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Our weather isn't much to brag about. It was 92 but at least it isn't 100. The local animal aid was selling sausage poboys and having a pet adoption. I went by and picked up a sandwich and walked thru the dogs. Around here most of the dogs up for adoption are pit bull mixes. Then I went to an Asian Market with my son. They have some gross looking stuff for sale there. My son likes to cook that kind of food. All I wanted was egg roll sauce. Stopped at Lowe's and bought a bag of 30 Daffodil bulbs. I am going to have to wait until it rains to plant them, the ground is too hard. I guess I could run the hose where I want to plant them.

Lyn, sorry you are having problems with your medications.

Barbie, hope you get to feeling better.

Tomorrow I have the hospice dine-around. I like the restaurant we are going to. I hope I don't oversleep in the morning. My alarm clock isn't very loud. I think I wore it out. I tried buying a new one at Walmart but never could figure out how to set it so brought it back. They have to make everything so complicated now.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Morning Coffee