Wednesdsy, October 18th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesdsy, October 18th

Postby Colliemom » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:00 am

Good Morning. Some of you I know are still under the covers yet. But day is starting for those on the East side. Dark out right now here at tbe 45th. Daylight is about 45 minutes away yet as I write this. Temp is 42. High for today expected around 59. Rain moving in late.

Did have a nice drive to Hobby Lobby, did buy annything, and the Orchard Market yesterday. Saw some pretty fall color in some laces despite it being a cloudy dsy.. Took dogs for a walk after I got home and enjoyed some more around here.

Beth, sounds like you are going to head back to that job. Maybe you should go for a little longer and have some time to go to some places you haven’t been in awhile. Maybe look at at work camping ln MI and put the two of them together. We’ve been having some beautiful summers. Anita, trick to gloomy Weather days is to have a project or hobby to monkey with. That’s what I like about having an S&B. Never run out of things to get into. My evenings are usually spent with craft paintings of late and now I have that Diamond painting to work on, plus couple of jigsaw puzzles. Don’t do them to often, but am in mood this year. And I will take a drive sometimes on a gloomy day too, go out for lunch etc.

But today I have a Chiro appt., then quick run to store while I am in town. Looked at neighbors front yard yesterday afternoon, so I will haul their lawn tractor out and clean up the leaves that have come down since they left. Won’t take long. He had the majority done already. If rain holds off I will do mine too. Couple more passes should take care of me, once they come down. Want to get both these tractors a bath and get them put away for winter and the batteries stored inside. And make one more sweep over the gutters after the leaves are down. Days are gradually getting colder, not that it stops me from monkeying outside. Need to get moving here. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wednesdsy, October 18th

Postby Redetotry » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:34 am

Good Morning Sue and all who follow. Sue I wish I had hobbies that would help keep me from being bored at times.
It is 45 here but supposed to get up to 72 and be warm through next Tuesday. We need rain but I do love these few last days of warm weather.
Pippa went to her 'meet the groomer' appointment Monday morning and did much better than I expected. She was nervous at first but when the lady took her from my lap she didn't seem too upset. I was waiting in the my car out front and she sent me a video of how she was doing. She was sitting in the floor holding Pippa in her lap and gently talking to her. The appointment was for 30 minutes and she did fine, even let her put her on the table and brush her out. I've been grooming her myself but she needs to be comfortable with others just in case I can't or she would need to stay at the vet for some reason.
I'm still in the middle of updating our wills and it has been an adventure. The lawyer wants deeds to our cemetery plots but it is privately owned there are no deeds involved. The land has been passed down but no one seems to have any type of deed to said property. It is beside a church that was dissolved back in the 40's and ownership of the cemetery site was 'passed to the association' whatever that means! After a 30 minute conversation to the person who is the current caretaker or 'owner' I still don't know much more. I wish I had a recording of the conversation and all the twists and turns it involved.
I'm off to get the day started and try out my new bread machine.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:07 am

Good morning, very foggy here this morning but there will be sunshine after around 11 or 12 I am going to get out in the garden and keep whacking away at the tomato plants so they can dry and I can put them in a bag for the garbage on Friday. It is kind of chilly this morning 52/75 chance of drizzle this morning also. Then we will have sunshine and 70's until Sunday when the rain appears just for a day. Rest of the week mostly cloudy. I really do like this weather. I am saving my inside projects for winter as there is not much outdoor work to do once I finish with the garden dismantling LOL
I slept in this morning until 7:15 that is late for me. Not sure why but felt good. I went to bed at my usual time and fell asleep before 10 so guess I needed the sleep. I am on my old computer this morning as my other one is having issues. It is always something!!!!
Velda glad you are feeling better and they didnt find anything too serious yet. BP under control and hope maybe you can be on the road to recovery. I am very lucky that I recovered in 9 months. I feel back to normal now. Need my second cup of coffee then I will have a pulse and a blood pressure LOL BJ glad Pippa did so well. As we know they do so much better when we are not present. Nice she could send you a video for reassurance even tho you were not far away LOL I know most of us will do just about anything for our pups. I look at something for me $20 when I am shopping and think oh heck NO, then I am in the pet department and spend that or more and dont blink an eye....sheesh
Hope everyone has a great day.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:06 pm

Good morning gals!

Off to work this afternoon, so I am still laying in bed for a bit. Finally got my laundry done yesterday, just need to put it away yet.

I have the next 2 days off before working all weekend. Tomorrow there is an art class here in the park I am going to. We will be doing epoxy resin projects as well as paint pouring! Sounds fun! I have been wanting to try both of those. Would like to try them on my gourds sometime.

There is a yoga class here starting up in 2 weeks, twice a week. Will try to get in on that as my work schedule allows. I haven't heard anything yet about the Putters League. There are new gals in charge of that this year so not sure if they are still gonna do it or are just getting organized. Last year the membership went from 54 to 104 with all the new owners in the park. So it requires two groups now and a lot more work for the organizers. The golf courses open up on November 4th so we still have a couple weeks yet.

Sophie is SO affectionate, and unlike Romeow, has no agenda other than just wanting loving. She will lay with me but won't let me hold her. I am trying to get her used to me holding her for a few seconds at a time while I pet her and reassure her, and then let her go. Hoping she learns to trust me more with that after awhile. Maybe I can make a lap cat out of her eventually. Romeow only gets affectionate when he wants more food in his dish :roll:

I kept the AC on all night because it is hot during the day and didn't cool off below 75* last night and no wind. The wind here is either all or nothing. Hoping the temps start going down again soon! It will be around 105* for the next 3 days! Looks like the highs will be in the mid to upper 80's early next week so that is good!

Gloomy days for me require a fuzzy throw blanket and a good book, with a nap thrown in! :D

BJ, there are a ton of hobbies out there to try. If you aren't into arts and crafts, there are still a lot of other things you can do in your spare time. There are also groups and clubs you can get involved in locally. You can check out Meetup.com for special interest groups in your area. Also consider volunteering somewhere fun. Here is a link for some hobbies to think about... https://tinyworkshops.com/creative-hobbies/ Many are arts and crafts but there are some others that aren't. Having a fun hobby is very relaxing and almost like meditation for me.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:23 pm

Day two of driving is done. I'm in a very cute city park on a lake, $15 with full hookups. Pull through, so for one night I'm in good shape. Most likely won't touch water or dump. I could have paid online and started to. But if I was going to pay another $5, I decided this city should get it, so I stopped at the city hall 2 miles before the park. They wouldn't take my extra $5, but thought it was such a nice gesture. I will, if coming this way again, probably make this a two night stay. Ty gives it all paws up, also. I liked my Boondockers Welcome sure last night, also, so things are going very well. Except, Judy, a farm tractor had something extending that smacked my driver's side mirror back into the door. It was off kilter, but so far not broken that I can find. Whew. I guess I was lucky than you.

Velda, good news on the BP and I hope the aneurysm doesn't change, grow. BJ, excellent news at the groomer! And, yes, Karen, I can be a total scrooge with money on me, but for Ty (and previous pets) it just flies out between my fingers.

I plan to stop at the Arkansas Air & Military Museum tomorrow. I can spend hours on those, or be bored silly. Lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Beth, I like those little city parks! Velda, glad you are getting some answers and relief. BJ, how nice to get a video to see what's happening and the visit was a success. Sue, I have more projects than I can count so that's not an issue. :) Figure they won't all get finished before I die - especially the genealogy that probably no one really cares about.

My aunt called this morning about 8 and I was still in a very sound sleep! I texted my daughter as usual this morning and she said her husband freaked out a bit because my new phone is on their credit card! I bought it through their Spectrum account and, of course, couldn't use my card. Soccer ends today and yesterday a 7th grader made a comment that led to that team filling out complaints against the 64-year-old male assistant coach. 8th graders are probably next.

It has warmed up to 65 so might be a good afternoon on the patio.
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:50 pm

I actually read and posted yesterday.... but didn't look to see if it submitted correctly before going on to a game found out when I came back just as I was getting off no ME by that time I'm ready to get off the computer and go to my room... so didn't try to remember what I'd written... :roll: do this every twice in awhile
went to our activity tomorrow mostly soups and I took some mini sandwiches made with mini ..... can't spell the name close enough to get spelling check help but those french things that are lots of butter and almost in the shape of a C it was a combo of two places that I've had similar sandwiches at turkey breast really thinly sliced cream cheese and cranberry sauce the place in Q uses canned sauce which I don't like the place in Des Moines made it with home made sauce so I made my own sauce.... it's so easy I simply don't understand why one would buy the canned stuff but that is me as there is lots of canned sauce sold I'm sure I'm in a minority ... :lol:
after the activity came home read scriptures and similar stuff fixed supper right gave mom the one sandwich left over not sure if she didn't like it or what I finished off the last of the tuna...
today tried to do less than I did yesterday think I succeeded :o I really need to find mom's checkbook and write out so checks or bills that need to be paid she normally does it but hasn't seemed to be into doing it some need to be paid soon so will write them out and get her to sign them ... actually just read for a bit I do read everyday but usually just before I go to sleep... today it was middle of the day :lol:
tomorrow I need to give mom a shower brother is looking into getting her a transfer bench where she sits on it and gets pushed in and the turned around so she doesn't have to climb over the top of the bath tub.. I hope it works better than it sounds I am really considering getting someone to come in and give her showers... there is some positions that I stand in that really makes my back annoyed helping her shower is one of them
she has been moaning about hurting so I asked her why she didn't take a pain pill she told me she didn't know where they were so told her and she found them...
sounds like you had a good stopping place Beth... and exciting about the ask to come back doesn't surprise me at all...
I was going to comment on something from yesterday now I don't remember what it was... you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee