Friday the 13th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday the 13th

Postby Colliemom » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:34 am

Morning all. Been a couple busy days for me, but lazing around this morning. Decided another run into the U.P. Was in store. Looked like the rain showers were going to stay in the lower, but nope had some up there too :roll: But got the urge to go for a ride out of my system anyway. I think the dogs enjoyed it, especially at our usual stop by the bridge on the way home. Then yesterday was the first day in a bit over a week, that we had a beautiful sunny day. Made good use of it too. Ran the lawn tractor around and cleaned up leaves and pine needles, used the blower on the back yard and got that cleaned up and then put the gutter attachment in it and cleaned out the gutters. So caught up out there for awhile. Made a quick trip to town to gas up truck from the trip and pick up few things from store. Was bit foggy in the morning, so good time to do that and let things dry up a bit. Now we are back to rainy forecast. Highs have been in low to mid 50’s past couple days, still a bit below normal, but good working outside weather.

Nothing on agenda today. Was thinking of going over to the Apple Festival in Charlevoix, about an hour away. They have a huge craft show there, spread out in the park along the lake, vendors from the different orchards selling apples, cider and other goodies and organizations etc. selling food. But not in mood for driving over there. Think I will wait till next week as some nice weather coming and the one or has has a big farm store with a cafe and you can pick up all kinds of stuff. I still have some cider left from my trip over there last week.

Velda, I’ll bet that was nice seeing the Bkuebirds. I haven’t seen any in years. I quit feeding birds a few years ago. Seed is expensive and too many diseases getting spread among the birds, not to mention cleaning up all the spilled seed husks etc. after winter is over. But we also have a bear that comes around on occasion in spring and fall, so need to keep the feeders down. He was around a couple weeks ago. Getting ready for hibernation, so looking for food sources and has the feeders in the area implanted in his head.

Beth, nice getting the SS increase. I heard say 3.2% next year.

So guess I will head for the shower, wash my hair and then run the vac. Not sure what I will get into today. Am working on the Christmas woodcrafts. One done, another ready to trace out pattern and paint, one waiting in the wings and two more to cut out. Have a nice I day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday the 13th

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Good morning Sue and the rest of you gals!

I have been working on cleaning the house up and doing some haircuts here. Am getting spoiled already with the new dishwasher! It runs so quiet that I have to check it once in awhile to make sure it is still running! Need to do laundry today.

With the new Spectrum program, I now have the Golf Channel! Except that the golf season was over 2 weeks ago. :( There are still a few charity golf events happening that I can watch tho. I need to get a DVR player from Spectrum since that is free now too. Nothing much on TV yet, altho some fall shows I like are starting soon.

It was cool overnight so I opened all the windows to get some fresh air in here. There was little to no wind overnight, and yet my eyes were irritated and watery this morning. Maybe from being outside yesterday, tho.

I found a new home yesterday for my cat trap. There is a lady on our NextDoor page that feeds and does TNR for 8 feral cat colonies in my area alone! So I donated my trap to her since I can't take it with me.

The cats are making me laugh a lot lately! :lol: I keep an extra bowl of water in the bathtub (mostly for Romeow who liked to drink from the faucet) and both were sitting in the tub while I was putting on my makeup. Sophie leaned down to get a drink and Romeow nipped her ear! Sophie swatted him across the face with her paw. Then they just sat there looking at each other. Then Sophie tried to get a drink again, and Romeow nipped her ear. Again she swatted him. This went on for almost 10 minutes, over and over! :o I was laughing so hard! I wanted to get a video of it but knew if I went to get my camera they would jump out of the tub to follow me.
Then, I bought a couple pool noodles the other day to put one in front of each love seat (one in the living room and one out on the porch) to keep their mousies and balls from going under them. The next morning I found a pool noodle in the middle of my living room. It was the one from the porch! Sophie had dragged it thru the little cat door from the porch into the house! I would have loved to have seen that! I know it was her, because she likes to drag things around the house. Silly girl! :lol:

Almost noon here so I better get busy with stuff... Have a good day!

Just got some good news! No, not a buyer :( . But I had my mini-splits checked and cleaned about a month ago. My living room unit is super noisy and they said there isn't much they can do about it because it is coming from dirt, etc in the motor. They told me a whole new unit would cost $600 and they only have one left of this older model. After thinking about it (and always having to turn up the volume on my TV because of the noise), I considered going for putting the new unit in. I asked one of the guys yesterday about it and he just showed up now to check it out. He said because it is under warranty, he can replace it for $200 labor. So I am going ahead with that. Will be nice to have it quiet again! The bedroom one makes no noise at all. Then everything in the house will be good to go (including me!!) :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:36 pm

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until I got to the bank. The deli was having shrimp stew today so I decided to go get lunch, go to the bank and the post office. I want to make chicken and sausage gumbo so bought a tray of chicken thighs. I wanted a small tray of chicken but they only had a big tray. I'm trying to use things out of the freezer and not put more in. Had to get some cat food. The other day I bought a bag of Dollar store cat food. The cats look at it in the bowl and look at me. You know we're not eating that. :roll: Guess I'll have to put some out for the possums. I have some spoiled cats.

Yesterday I took my son to another appointment in Baton Rouge. We managed to miss most of the morning and afternoon traffic rush and didn't have to stop on the bridge. He has to see another doctor some time this month so another trip to BR.

Sharon, Buddy is a big boy at 90 pounds. Since I was following the Blue Heeler groups on Facebook I found out that there are Mini Heelers. I don't think anyone has them around here and I'm not getting a puppy. Around here about all the dogs in animal control are pit bulls and pit bull mixes. In Texas and California there are a lot of heelers in the shelters. People need to quit breeding so many dogs. I am seeing quite a few heelers that are deaf. That makes me think the breeders are not qualified to be in the business of raising dogs. And people that aren't familiar with the breed are getting them and can't handle them.

Tomorrow is the primary election and I'm sure tired of all the political ads, mail and phone calls. I keep blocking the calls and they just use another number and call again. I know it won't matter much in this state but I'm not voting for anyone that has a gun in their ad.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:56 pm

My time here is winding down. I'm ready. After work today I decided I'm leaving on Tuesday, so went ahead and reserved a few Harvest Hosts I picked along my route. I'm making short driving days. It'll make it a more relaxing journey and I'll have time to stop and see things should I pass something interesting. Normally I wouldn't reserve at all, but one of the Harvest Hosts is a museum that should be interesting. So that's a place I'd want to stop anyway. I planned the route to avoid driving through Dallas and Houston. I hate driving through major cities if they can be avoided.

Before leaving work today I made myself a pizza. Had a couple pieces for dinner then froze the rest in individual servings. I'll miss this pizza, price and taste. I haven't overdone it but could have easily.

Martha, I laughed out loud at your description of the cats when you feed them food not up to snuff. So cute. Barbie, good news about the mini split. When you started the post, I was wondering how it could be replacing since it seemed like you just got it. Glad this guy realized it's under warranty.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:55 pm

mom is back home and things are back to normal... whatever normal is ... did what I planned on doing today went to the store and got the things that I forgot the other day only after getting home realized that I've still not picked up toothpaste not out but close and hate to run out... so need to remember the next time I go to the store...
Last Sat I ordered (I rarely order online) but did this time while at son's house so he could help if I had problems got a confirmation on the order follow ups and a notice today that it was at the post office I stopped by to pick it up but nothing in the mailbox so guess I beat it to the box... I stopped by on my way back from the store... so guess I will need to go again ... I watch a gal on FB who does Mediterranean foods and granddaughter bought me her cookbook so wanted some of the spices/seasonings for some of the recipes... look forward to trying some... when I get my order :roll: but I was impressed with how quickly they sent stuff...
my brother finished bring in the stuff from the car... guess niece let him know that they hadn't made it over to do it thing is it was down to very small items... last night I brought in the box that had yarn and books in it but he did bring in the tp and case of butt wipes those were heavy so glad that he did and he also started the stove it worked this time I didn't even try last year it was so hard to do but all brother did was turn it on... oh well
it's been on and it will be good
I need to go take care of stuff on the bed... shouldn't take too long hopefully
you all take care
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 am

Good for Sophie cat for swatting Romeo! Got to keep that boy under control!

Spent most of my afternoon getting my printer to work and then most of the evening trying to use the Avery label templates to print out some business cards I use for my blog. Finally I switched to Publisher but I had run out of the card stock but I tried it on regular paper. Frustrating and now i need to put more card stock on
My grocery list fir Walmart next week.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:49 pm

Sophie may be half Romeow's size but she doesn't take any crap from him! She holds her own very well! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:51 am

Sue, we don't have bears in town! Plus, I buy what is termed No sprout seed , with hulls removed. The birds seem to love it and only shells that get on ground are the few peanuts I put out for jays, squirrel, and magpies.
I had a not an easy start to my day with bad headache from either my neck, or leftover carvedilol in my system still, or the new RX. Thankfully, after 3 walks, 3 CBD capsules, rubbing neck iwice with CBD cream, and a hot shower, the pain has disapated for the moment. Hope this is last of headaches from MRI and Carvedilol ( which I stopped yesterday)!
Too many clouds this morning to really see the eclipse, sorry I didn't get to view it.
Did burgers in the new replacement air fryer for Chris's supper and he actually said they were really good, without my asking, so that's a win. The new Cosori is so quiet, I have to stand near it to hear it. The previous recalled one, you could hear in the next room! Hooray for updated tech.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee