Mid Week Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Mid Week Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am

Morning. Time to get up. Coffee is ready and I can fix eggs,scrambled with ham and cheese thrown in or just eggs, ham or bacon. Bring your own bread if you want toast, as I’m not eating bread while on my diet right now. Low carb, high protein. And happy to say I’m down 13 pounds so far.

After yesterday’s 55 degrees and rain, plus little sun, we are back into 20’s this morning, but sun coming out later. Rain pretty much took away the snow, leaving a slushy covering which has frozen, rivers rising and flooding in some areas etc. They may be writing the winter sports season off, as it would take a couple good significant snow storms to bring it back to normal conditions now. Beware the Ides of March yet though.

BJ, hope your taxes turned out better than feared. Barbie and Martha, hope the kitties are doing okay. Peaches seems to be on the mend :) Velda, things seem to be quiet on your end. Mel stabilized for now?

Hope you all have a nice day, enjoy your travels if out and about, keep warm and dry in this storm front moving across, but most of all, have fun whatever you do.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Mid Week Wednesday

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 pm

GOOD MORNING, Sorry about the capitals...I wrote a snotty letter to my bank because of a problem I'm having and they aren't responding to it. Of course, being snotty does not help, but, I am tired of not being able to get these problems taken care of.

I am going down there in person today, so must be NICE, NICE, NICE.

Still haven't done my taxes yet....probably why I am in a bad mood.

My SIL. Laurie husband is such an a**. Yesterday, when PT came to the house, he wanted to leave the dogs in the living room while she was having PT. Finally the therapist asked pointedly to remove the dogs!

We are all under a strain around here.

I should go camping.......lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Well its afternoon but I did get a few things done, has in the car and propane in the motorhome. A little tidying up first just to move the motorhome.
Aww Lyn, so sorry your stressed out. A campout would be good idea.
Y'all enjoy your day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Lyn, if any of us have a problem that needs taking care of we should send you. It looks like you are in the mood to take care of business. I don't like the way banks are headed. It's like they want you do everything on line and they don't want to see you. We have done business with 2 local banks for years and when the tellers are different every time I go in something is going on.

When I was in town there was rain coming through in bands. The wind is really blowing again today. There is a tornado watch for most of the state but it's North of here.

Frosty went out when I left this morning and he's back in napping. I don't think he likes the wind.

I need to replace 3 rose bushes but don't feel like going to Lafayette to go to a nursery. The ones I have bought form Lowe's never have done very good.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Aww, Lyn, you don't need any aggravation and as much as I love dogs, they can sure get in the way during some activities. I think you and Martha both need to go camping....

I've been at the rv dealer over 4 1/2 hours now. At least they serve me lunch. I looked outside and the new water heater is sitting next to the rig and sometimes over there.

I spent a couple hours trying to straighten out my Sam's Club membership while sitting here. I dealt with 3 people... Two not at all helpful and the other very helpful and nice as could be but had to turn the problem over to one of the not helpful folks. Now it appears I have to go to a store to solve the problem.

So as late as it's getting, I'm not sure I'll make it to Benson tonight. Might head to Sam's Club and see if I have any luck there... Then see if they allow overnighting and head to Benson first thing in the morning.

We shall see. I was looking forward to a shower tonight in my rig.... Guess I can do that where ever I stop lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Completing my second day of work. The dogs survived spending all day without attention. They did seem very happy to make their way to the yard when I did get home. :shock: I figured out the best part of being retired last night as I tried to get back to sleep. When I was younger I could sleep well no matter what was going on. Wake up. No problem just roll over and I was right back to sleep. This never knowing if you are going to have trouble sleeping works much better when there are flexible expectations regarding having to actually get up. So it is a good thing that I am retired most of the time and only take these contracts short term...
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Oh, Tina, how I understand that! I never thought I'd see the day I couldn't sleep when I wanted/needed. Dang age lol. Collect that play money. It's important.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:41 am

Sue, our weather in San Diego yesterday was a lot like yours! mid 50's and rain! We had more rain today but was spotty around the county. Warming up for the weekend and then back to mid 50's and rain next week. Some snow today and tonight in the local mountains.

Didn't get much done today. Was a lazy, napping day. That just leaves more to do tomorrow. :roll:

I joined Costco yesterday. There is a store just a block and a half down the road so I figured it was worth it. They are having a promotion so I will get back all of the cost of membership over the next year. Plus gas is a lot less expensive there (as long as I don't mind sitting in a long line to get it!).

My outside motion sensor lights have come on a couple times tonight. Hoping it is just critters and not someone lurking! :shock: I get paranoid living alone sometimes! :o Wish I had a dog!

I bought a new digital thermostat so hopefully I can find someone to install it for me. The old one is so hard to adjust right and probably not very efficient.

Hope you all had a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 am

Barbie, you might want to consider getting an alarm system. Having them monitored is a pain because you can get a lot of false alarms, and it is another monthly expense. However, what I did in my condo was to get a private alarm person install an alarm system that basically was not monitored but set off a horribly screeching noise if someone opened a door or broke a window while the alarm was set. You live close to other units, as I did, so I figured all the noise would at least get some attention from neighbors! No police or fire would come, but the noise would most likely scare anyone who tried to break in off.

My unit was on the second floor and pre-wired so mine cost only about $600, but that was 15 years ago, so the cost would be higher, but mine was more expensive because I had a motion detector as well. See what you could get for a simple system that maybe only dealt with doors, for example.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Barbie they actually sell some alarms that dont require monitoring or big install You install it yourself. A few friends have these and put them in their most vulnerable doors and windows.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm

my son has one that is hooked up to his phone and the door bell..you can answer the
door and they won't know that you aren't home at all
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee