It’s Friday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Friday!

Postby Othersharon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 am

Good morning, Ladies. We had a beautiful day yesterday with temp in the mid 60’s and today we’re back to winter rain and snow in the forecast. After a bunch of appointments this week today is a stay home day and looks like housekeeping is on the agenda. Eye appointment yesterday apparently shows that my one eye needs some extra attention. Had cataract surgery a number of years ago and the lens is clouding. She said it is fairly common and is a fairly easy fix. So back to the doctor that originally did it. Doesn’t sound like fun to me!

Lyn, thanks for sharing you daughter’s recovery. She sounds like a strong lady. Alice, sure hope things work out for your sale of the trailer. Guess today will tell how serious he really is. Dropped my taxes off the other day and hoping I don’t have to pay in. All the new things happening in the tax laws has me a bit worried. Sorry no big trip for you this summer, Sue. A bummer, for sure. Glad the Hardee Lake crew had a good time.

Well, not much else to report from here. Just waiting for spring to come! I got the itch yesterday with the sun and warmer temps! But today back to reality and have to realize winter isn’t over! Have a good day and travel safe if you are on the move.
Othersharon

Re: It’s Friday!

Postby beazle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am

Morning, all! I’ve been silent lately but reading nearly every day. Popped in on the cataracts, Sharon. DH had bilateral cataracts with lenses & a year later had secondary cataracts in both eyes. Uncommon but not rare. The fix really is easy - a laser zap, painless & effective for him.
We’re still on the road, in Arizona now, hanging out with Cheryl, and going to the Desert Museum with Judy JB today. Beautiful part of the country. However, as a winter weather escape, gotta say Florida is warmer than Arizona. The shenanigans at Hardee Lakes looked crazy fun, too. Another one who wishes I could be in 2 places at once. :lol:
Enjoy your day, ladies & happy trails to you,
Eileen
beazle

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 am

Except for yesterday it all sounds better than Ohio. I even had a dog communicator in Indianapolis tell me that Josef suffers from the seasonal lack of sunshine thing and needs to get out in the sunshine more. She also suggested that he might get a light to help him. :shock: :) She wasn't the best communicator I have visited but she was interesting. Now to have Josef requesting to go to southern shows in the winter.

Keeping busy here in Ohio. I am also working a short project that starts next week and will finish before my trip out to Oregon for a family gathering. Then I sit home and wait for possibility of Audrey puppies before additional projects request my presence. If I am lucky the first one will cover my trip to Oregon and the rental car.

Stay as healthy as you can out there with all your life's journeys. Please keep exploring and report back in and share the wonders.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

Did anybody see Yuzuru Hanyu skate last night? I was literally breathless! I can't wait to watch his long program tonight. I actually went back and watched the online video this morning.

This is one of the few times I'm really happy to have a television!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Had some excitement yesterday. Drove to the dump station on my way to get some groceries, and going down the road, another Class C was coming out. But he was not giving me any space, and I pulled over. Unfortunately, I scraped my rear outside dually on rocks and tore a big hole in it. I made it back to campsite and was able to park, but was really nervous. They gave me a really tight site to get into.

So, I called CoachNet who sent a guy in a big truck, but he had been told the vehicle was an E-450 (like an Econoline van), so he had only a small 2-ton jack. Some neighbors (6 men) were sitting around talking, and they said they had a bigger jack--actually two jacks, one 6-ton and one 12-ton. (My vehicle weighs 15,000 pounds.) Anyway, the tow truck guy managed to jack it up and put the spare on, but it was quite an audience watching with all the men offering suggestions and help. I had not even checked spare in two years, but luckily it had 66 pounds of air, and I had the guy use my air compressor to fill it to 80.

I made it to the store and stocked up with enough groceries that I should not have to go out again, but I am going to find a Michelin dealer and buy a new tire or two on my way from here to Phoenix. Whew!!

Eileen and her husband are on their way so we can go to the Sonoran Desert Museum.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Yea! Although retired, I still like Fridays! I do love the TV for special events like the Olympics. Thing[b]s I could never see in person. I had a tooth extracted on Wednesday and have had to take it easy. So watching Olympics every day. Seems like they are showing hours of Curling tho. One of the most, IMO, boring events. Love the ice skating, and the downhill skiing. Fascinated by the Skelton. Years ago, while at Lake Placid, in the summer time, saw men going off the high jump, people doing flips, on skis, into a swim pool, and, I rode the four man bobsled down the track!!! They put wheels on the bobsled. What fun!!! I would do it again in a New York minute!
Beautiful day here. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Judy, sorry about your tire problems. If you want to get an audience at a campground just start some kind of maintenance. I don't think the road services give the right information to the people that get sent out. Twice I had young boys in pickup trucks sent to change a time. Neither one had the right equipment and had to go back and have someone else sent. Of course all of this takes hours of waiting. Thank goodness you had neighbors that had jacks. Someone pulling a camper trailer almost hit my car yesterday in a grocery store parking lot. He almost didn't allow enough room for the end of the trailer swing.

We are having another 80 degree day. I should go walk Hank. I started riding the exercise bike this morning to see if I can do something for my hip. Anything but go to the doctor. :roll: I think my car seat is trying to cripple me. When I get out of the car I can hardly walk for a couple of minutes.

I had to have some kind of laser procedure on my eye. Something to do with my cataract surgery but don't remember the reason now. I need to look and see when my last appointment was because I think I usually go in March. If I have an appointment card I lost it.

I haven't been watching the Olympics but if they are showing Curling I should watch. That's my brother's sport. Somewhere I have a picture of me standing out on the ice trying to not fall down. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 am

Since Peaches has been unwell, I've not slept good. I keep waiting for the night I do again, but it appears it won't be tonight. Oh well.

Judy, I'm still planning to head to Gilbert Ray, probably Sunday afternoon after meeting with Eileen and her dh. But I'm watching the dang weather so nothing is set in stone. I have to be in Tucson Wed am, so I will make it, just when is up in the air.

The rain caused lots of soft spots here... My scooter fell... Not far because I had it parked next to the electric... So it was leaning. Got it up and moved and my neighbor brought a piece of wood to put under to hopefully keep it from happening again. The only damage I saw was to the cover... It ripped slightly.

Going to try to sleep again... Tomorrow is my last work day this week, and it's only a 3 hour day, but without sleep it'll feel longer.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee