Happy Valentine's Day!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am

Have a great day women rvers!

Off to walk Peaches and get to work. Nothing exciting here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Happy Valentine Day.
Some of the Hardee Lakes ladies went strawberry picking this morning. We will celebrate tonight with a lot of berries.
Haven't resolved the issue that came up on trying to post photos but will have more for you when I figure it out. (No problem with the RVnet site; problem on my laptop I think)
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm all checked in at Gilbert Ray, and Eileen and her husband and Cheryl are coming over on Friday. It's a little cool today and there have been a few sprinkles with more expected, but that is OK since the desert really needs the rain.

Those of you who have been around me know I have asthma and cough constantly. I was sick with a bad cold or flu last time I was in Arizona, but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that since I have been in the really dry climate, I have almost completely stopped coughing! Mostly, I normally have a lot of overnight sinus drainage and spend the first two hours every day coughing and clearing my lungs. And what is also interesting is that on days like today when the humidity goes up to 40-50%, I start coughing again. Amazing.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:13 pm

The sun is out for the first time in days and it's 81. Won't be long and we can start whining about the heat. :lol:

I never did figure out what I wanted for a Valentine's Day present. Guess it will have to be the King Cake.

CC, better known as the brat, has figured out which window is in my son's room. If he gets locked outside and wants in he jumps up and hangs on the screen. He's tearing up the screen. We try to leave a storm door unlatched but if it's windy the wind slams it closed. If he doesn't get let out in the morning he starts attacking the girls. He knows I will throw his butt outside. I have a small water gun I use on him. If it wouldn't make a mess in the house I would get a Super Soaker. I have never had a cat that can be so sweet one minute and so mean the next. He's almost 2 years old and hasn't calmed down any.

Sarah, is Hardee Lake close to where we went to eat Strawberry Shortcake last year? I could sure use some more of that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day to all.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Martha - we got the strawberry shortcake in Plant City. It is north of Hardee Lakes - closer to Hillsborough River State Park.
Hardee Lakes is in the middle of no where about an hour south of Bartow, near little cross roads town Bowling Green. We pick strawberries at a small family farm a few miles from campground.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Happy Valentines Day to you all. :D

Tried to find the Strawberries and Cream Baileys but seems to be sold out everywhere. So just plain strawberry shortcake for me. But that is OK.

Another tragedy in Florida today. When will it end??? Prayers for victims and their families. :cry:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby cnq50b » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Happy Valentine's Day!
Just another lovely day in So Cal. I especially appreciate a California winter (or lack thereof) after a week in Kansas. One morning it was -3! Very glad to come home to CA. :)
I didn't come up with anything special for myself for today, but had the kids over for dinner last night & leftovers will be yummy!
Yes, Barb, it is heartbreaking... I dont' know that any end is in sight... :(

Love seeing the pics & hearing about the GTG in FL. Thanks to everyone sharing the adventure with us.

Hope you each enjoy something special today.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 pm

I volunteer with an organization that is trying to legalize ferrets in California. The guy who started it has had many doors slammed in his face trying to get the state legislators to listen to him. So he decided several months ago to start at the bottom and try to get individual cities to become "ferret-friendly" and write a proclimation for ferret legalization, in order to build up our credibility. So far there are 3 cities who have gotten on board with it. Tonight we met with the Encinitas city council. Pat did his 3 minute presentation and had one of his ferrets with him. He is a funny guy and had the attention of everyone in the room. The council members said they would talk it over and let him know what they decide. When we were leaving the room they called up the next person to speak. He got up to the front and said "I just can't follow a ferret!", turned around and sat back down! Too funny! So fingers crossed...

Earlier today I went down to Ocean Beach and walked around. Bought a couple t-shirts and a top for work. Had a nice breakfast in a cute little cafe. Lots of cute, eclectic shops down there.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 am

So, Barbie, what is the reason given that ferrets are illegal? Or is it just illegal to keep them?

Anne.
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 pm

They are listed as wild, non-native animals. It was argued that they could get loose, form colonies, breed and kill off the native wildlife. Which is all false and proven so in research. However, the powers that be refuse to even discuss changing the law (more important issues to deal with). The Fish and Game people said that ferrets are wild animals but then also said they are domesticated. Pat didn't get far with them either. So this is his current way to try and change the law. Little by little, city by city, it might work.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee