Monday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am

Good morning :D Another week has begun as we head toward mid February. Special week too as Valentine’s Day coming up as well as Ash Wednesday.

Barbie, glad the locks got changed at work and hopefully that will stop any more thefts. That kind of drama you don’t need. Beth, I sent you a PM. I also made a post in the GTG section on a possible GTG in MI this summer if there is enough interest.

Not sure where today is going to lead, but am going out in a bit here and clean up from yesterdays couple of inches of snow we got from the remanents of Winter Storm Mateo that hit hard downstate. Sun is coming out and we have some moderating weather coming in for the week :D

So have a nice day everyone, stay safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Monday Morning

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Good morning
Just sitting and watching tv in the mh while I wait for word from my buyer. He said 4, so it will be a long wait. Have a little crochet project to work on as well.
Glad they got the locks changed Barbie.That was very unsettling.
Cloudy and overcast today, some places maybe a little rain, but not here.
Y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Busy mail room today. Caught up and waiting on my 3 o'clock leave time. Peaches had her follow-up vet appt at 4... Hopefully a good time for both of us, Alice.

My asthma is acting up with the winds, etc. I plan to try to get to bed early tonight.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Barbie, that must have been scary. One other thing is that they should have lockers or drawers that you can put your purses and other personal items and be able to lock them. Purses sitting out, yours or customers, are bad news. I know I get worried when I have my hair cut sometimes and there is no place to put my purse that looks safe.

When I worked in an office just before I retired, we had people dressed as servicemen that would follow employees into the building through a back door. They had a white van that looked like it was a service vehicle of some sort, and these guys carried clipboards and even had some sort of fake badges. They would find someone in an area where people were not at their desks and start opening drawers, taking wallets and credit cards from the drawers. Then they would head immediately to the nearby shopping center and spend money. Some of my female coworkers even followed them through the building one day, but were afraid to confront them. We did call the police, but they just switched to another office building. After that, ALL of us locked our desk drawers!!

Lyn, glad your daughter is doing well and getting around.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 am

I was up half the night listening to something scratching under the floors of my house! Sounded like a cat scratching carpet. I got some plastic garden edging to nail down along the skirting to keep the critters from getting underneath it. Will close up any gaps except for one and set up a live trap to find out what I am dealing with. Once I think all critters are gone, will close up the last gap. Hoping that works.

Was busy at work today so the time went by pretty quickly. One of our stylists quit last week so we are short handed and we have a haircut sale coming up next week. Will be working a lot for that!

Rained here overnight and then again this evening. Not a lot but will take whatever we can.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee