Snowy Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Sunday

Postby Colliemom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Just getting in here before morning is over here in northern Michigan. Been snowing since sometime during the night. Very fine and wet. Couple of inches. Been to mass and back, had lunch and think I will haul out my scrapbookng stuff and finish up last summers adventures.

Judy, sorry you had to go to urgent care, but good you did, before things got worse. Hope the Bite is improving. Sounds like everybody’s just keeping busy. Thioughts and prayers to those needing them, hope the Hardee Lakes GTG keeps on having fun.

Not going to keep jabbering about nothing here. Jusy wanted to get coffee going since nobody else did. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Sunday

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 pm

We had Jimmy Buffet night last night. Got some great photos but we are having problems posting. For some unknown reason (to me) my photos are NOT showing up in the list for selection. Same problem on both Facebook and RVnet. Anyone have suggestion?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Sarah, I saw the Jimmy Buffet pictures on Facebook. You all are having too much fun without me. :(

It's very foggy this morning. Not just down here but in town too. At least the rain has passed. The radar is showing a line of pink in the middle of Texas. I saw someone post on Facebook that it was 26 in Weatherford yesterday. If that's snow, Texas can keep it.

Someone came yesterday to ask me some questions about the land. I had to start digging through the old papers so that got me motivated to move 2017 to the tax box and set up the 2018 folders. One step toward getting my taxes done.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Not snowy here! Sue, you absolutely have to get out of Michigan one winter--Florida or Southwest. Sunny and high of 75 today.

My skin infection is doing much better. 2" square area that was bright red is now darker and mottled, and the larger area around my ankle is much less swollen. So, you are right. I did the right thing. I kept thinking it was just a large insect bite of some sort, but it wasn't getting better with Benedryl and cortisone cream, like most bites do, so while I was headed back to my RV after doing a ton of laundry, I did a U-turn and found the urgent care place. When I saw how much my ankle was swollen, it made me think I had done enough fooling around on my own.

Got a lot of work to catch up on and going to try to replace my kitchen sink light. Not comfortable with electrical stuff. Then it will be cookie baking time and posting on my blog late tonight.

Tomorrow I head for Picacchio SP and Gilbert Ray on Wednesday.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Headed to the ocean this morning for a flea market/craft fair. Not much there. Headed to the beach in Encinitas and to the SRF Meditation Gardens. Took some pics and saw some dolphins swimming along the shore.

Stopped at Home Depot for some garden things and when I went to check out, the clerk asked if I wanted to sign up for a Home Depot card. I usually pass on those things but he said I would get $60 off my purchase if I did. So I ended up just paying $5 for $65 worth of stuff! Yay!

Want to get some of the debris I cut up yesterday over to the dumpster today yet since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I bought a new pair of gloves today so my hands won't get all cut up like they did yesterday.

We have a work meeting tonight. Should be interesting after what happened last night there.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:
We have a work meeting tonight. Should be interesting after what happened last night there.

Have a good day!

Goodness.

What happened last night?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Cudedog wrote:
BarbaraRose wrote:

Have a good day!

Goodness.

What happened last night?

Anne

my question as well Anne
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 am

I posted about it in yesterdays MC but I will repeat it...

Tonight at work, someone came in the back door while we were all doing haircuts and grabbed a coworkers wallet, phone and keys from the break room and ran back out. I always lock the back door and keep telling the girls to do the same. There is a small group of bad kids that hang around that area so I have been worried about something like that happening. My purse was right next to hers so I am lucky mine wasn't taken.
Then one of the girls was out back smoking a cigarette when some guy came up to her and started harassing her. She ran back inside quickly. One of our customers walked her back out to her car when she was off work.
I bought one of those flash lights with the stun gun built in, and will be carrying that with me at work from now on. The gal who was robbed usually walks home about a half mile away so I told her I would drive her home tonight.

I called the GM right when I got home and told him what happened. The manager and assistant manager drove over there right away and discovered the back door was unlocked. I had locked it when I left and double checked that it was locked, so who ever stole the stuff earlier used the key to get back in after we closed. They called 911 and the police sent a dog inside to see if someone was still in there but they weren't. Luckily nothing seemed to be missing. New locks were installed right away.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee