Good morning, good morning!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good morning, good morning!

Postby Tonic » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 am

You are all so right about how I would enjoy myself at the GTG. I am at the get-together at Hardee Lakes and every single person in this group that I have met has been warm, wonderful, and welcoming. What a delightful group of women you are.
I am impressed by the fact, and love the idea that all on this forum have been friends for so long and yet may not have even met in person yet. What great new adventures and friendships are ahead. Actually, I feel I have already made new friends that I hope to stay in touch with.
Enjoy your day, it's going to be a great one. I feel compelled to go for a bike ride since I struggled so hard to get the bike on the rack to bring it here I feel obliged to actually make sure I use it :lol:
Tonic

Re: Good morning, good morning!

Postby Colliemom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am

Good Morning Toni and all. I can tell by your posts Toni, that you are enjoying yourself. And yes, there’s a wonderful bunch of ladies on this forum. I have met a number of them personally and feel like I have friends all over the country, even among those I haven’t met. Although we don’t always talk about it, it’s our love of RVing, seeing the different places and meeting new friends, that brings us together on here. Not to mention support, advice etc., on doing it alone or with others.
Hope you get that bike ride in.

As for me, I am cleaning house this morning and finishing up loose ends in my kitchen. Real exciting stuff :lol: February is my git er done minth as far ad spring cleaning, purging or whatever needs doing minth.

So am going to get busy here. Y’all have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

So glad that you got the big GTG experience. Now you will know what we mean about if two of us get together anywhere it counts as a GTGer. Did they give you your secret "Ax" yet?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Morning all! Toni, some of us are "oldies" some, like you, are newbies... And everything in between. What makes this group so awesome is we truly want to help each other and get to know each other. While we need it to grow, it also works because it's not the size of the FB groups... I'm so glad you are getting to experience a gtg.

Tina, all these years and I don't know what the secret "ax" is.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 pm

The reference that some of our family and friends have been known to make as we head off for miles to meet up with women we have never met in person.... and not necessarily in a public place for lunch. :shock:

"They could be ax murderers!" Forget the flamingos to hand out. Several of us have thought that handing out toy rubber axes might be a nice irony. Then it has been documented that several of us actually do travel with small axes, so who knows where the truth is, eh? "You just use that for fire wood, right?" she asks innocently :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Oh, I knew lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Good afternoon. Another morning wasted. I have been online trying to find a new doctor with my new insurance. Seems like all the female doctors out here are Doogie Howser's little sister, meaning they look barely out of high school and only have a few years experience. I want someone who has a lot of experience, especially with issues of women my age. A doctor who is in her 20's won't know much about menopause, etc, other than what she has read from a book.

Lately I have been feeling really impatient, restless, easily frustrated, irritable, nervous, etc. Not sure what is going on with that. Every little thing gets me in a tizzy, and not feeling like doing anything. Maybe a hormone thing?

Anyway, have a good day.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 pm

Late post, but drove 47 miles to Ford dealer to get some work done early this morning, only to find out that a "service appointment" to them means an appointment to drop your vehicle off and "we'll get to it when we can--probably a few hours at least because we are really busy today." So, I said I did not do business that way, and left!! Messed up my whole morning, but I told them when I called that I needed to wait for it, so it should not have been a surprise to them.

I think as a group, we get along so well together because:
- We all decided to head out RVing even though a lot of our friends did and do think we are crazy. "You are SO brave!" or the even worse "All by YOURSELF?"
- Ditto for our families. My younger son said I would not make it 200 miles down the road! HA! I now have 111,800 miles on my rig. He also was appalled when he first found out I was getting together with a bunch of "strange" ladies who could have been the proverbial ax murderers! And he really was nuts when he found out I invite perfect strangers into my motorhome. Like how dangerous can a couple with two young kids touring a lighthouse be or your next door neighbor in the desert??
- We are all independent and have a lot of respect for other independent women, so we don't have strong expectations of everyone doing things a particular way.
- I also think most of us have reached a point in life where we don't care a hoot what others think of us, so we just do our own things!

:lol:
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Well said Judy!

I did manage to get my butt out of the chair and put together the shelving unit for Lola's outdoor enclosure. Looks nice but Lola is still a little leary about it. I may have to entice her with treats. :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Barbie, just put something on the shelf you do not want her sitting or laying on--something like one of your shirts that is soft and comfortable. She will be on it in a minute!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm

I think Shiela's husband started the "ax murder" thing when Shiela started inviting women to join them in the desert. lol One of these years I'm going to make it to Q.

The nursing home called this morning and they were sending Harold to the ER because his blood count was low. So much for asking them to get him set up at the Infusion Clinic. It's a good thing he was sent to the ER. He couldn't straighten out his right leg and was in a lot of pain. I ask them to x-ray his hip while he was in the hospital. It took all day for them to do the x-ray and give him one unit of blood. They told me tonight that his hip is fractured. He will see an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Poor thing. If it's not one thing, it's 10 others.

Peggy and her friend got to Abbeville this afternoon. They were suppose to stay at my house but were able to get into Betty's. They were lucky to get a site because of Mardi Gras. I went for happy hour and there were at least 25 people if not more there. Betty will tell them what is going on in the area. I'm just sorry I'm not going to get to spend much time with them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 pm

had to laugh at the ax murder comment I think it may have been my husband
that started that...as we were going to meet Jenny and Dan he made that comment and after we left said nope not the ax murder and then every time after the next new person we met he would say nope not the ax murder.... :lol:
fireplace quit working the other day then too night I went out and the generator wouldn't even turn over hope its the oil I keep forgetting to add and then when I do that it is very forgiving...it is in such a terrible spot to fill...so a quite night here in BLM land....
had hope to hear from Lyn and see how her daughter is doing
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:56 am

Martha, so sorry to hear about Harolds hip. He must have been in a lot of pain. I wonder how that happened? They are pretty fragile at that age tho. Glad it got discovered and will be getting taken care of.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:18 am

Oh, Martha, I'm sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and Harold.
Beth
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Good afternoon
It was so nice to meet Toni and have her join us for a few days.
Martha - sorry about Harold. Wishing a speedy recovery.
Posted a few photos from the past couple days at Hardee Lakes. They are in GTG section
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Next

Return to Morning Coffee