Monday, Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am

Good Morning. Wow, stay away from here for a day and things happen. Ava, congrats on the hopefully selling of your 5er. That would be great for you. If it goes through, better take that neighbor out for a nice dinner. :) Lyn, I’m sorry to hear about your daughter too. Don’t know what happened, but prayers for both of you. Looks like Hardee Lakes GTG is going strong. Been enjoying the pics. Wish I were there.

Had a snowy weekend here. Makes the snow lovers and snow related businesses very happy. Feels more normal too. Loved our mild January, but didn’t love all thevice from melting snow on the side roads. Have really been missing my walks. As have the pups.

Guess it’s going to be errands and maybe some browsing in town today. Not in mood for in house stuff today. Want to really go for a ride as need a change of scenery, but will wait till sunny day and give roads a chance to clear from snowy weekend.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Monday, Monday

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 am

Lyn, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope both the surgery and the rehab go well. When is the surgery scheduled? Is the pain under control? Hugs.

Beth, I hope the new vet has a better idea for Peaches. Good idea to see as many as possible -- even the best vet doesn't know everything.

Alice, so glad you sold the fiver! That's a relief, isn't it?

I wish a great week to everybody (me too)! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Othersharon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 am

Good morning. Finally some sun and I think the snow is over for now. Another big storm to come in Wednesday and of course I have an appointment so have to be out in it! Lyn, so sorry to hear about your daughter. Sending healing thoughts your way. Alice, will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for selling the 5er.

Took my road trip to Johnstown on Saturday for DS. We exchanged cars and we were able to get both heaters in his vehicle. It was amazing the difference a few miles made for the snow. Had to go over some mountain areas and although the main roads were clear the side roads and parking lots were a mess. And the lower elevations were barely showing any snow! Always something to consider when driving around here! And speaking of snow, I need to go out and fire up the snowblower! No excuse since the sun is out! But it’s really cold and windy and my house is warm and cozy! I’d rather be somewhere warmer right now! You all have a great day and hope you can do something fun today.
Othersharon

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks to all for the well wishes for my daughter. And, Barbie, thanks for the offer of help with Benji. My daughter, Laurie, has three sons who are very committed to helping her, a fantastic daughter in law, a sister and me. Laurie will not have to go to rehabilitation after surgery because we are all there to assist her!
Valerie, the daughter whom I live with, has a boyfriend who will help with Benji.
I believe we have everything under control as far as assisting her. I will get more info today. Don’t know surgery date yet.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am

Good to hear your daughter has a lot of support. That is so important for emotional and physical recovery. Take care of yourself too, Lyn! It is very stressful to see a family member go thru something like that.

Nothing much going on here with me. Off to work later this afternoon.

Have a good day :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Good morning,
As I continue with my chores today, I won't consider the fifthwheel sold until cash in hand.
But I will finish the move out today and live out of the motorhome for the next few days.
That being said, y'all have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Peaches has an appt tomorrow at a new vet. She had a better night last night, but still isn't eating enough. All diets out the window. I fixed her an egg with part of a chopped up bagel this morning and she ate about 3/4s of it. Success! One of my friends in the park will drive us tomorrow.

I'm seeing if my audiologist can see me Wednesday. I'll take the rig and head to Tucson after. I need to be as close as possible to my rv appt... 8 am... Yikes. I'll need an alarm lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Good morning all

Beth so glad Peaches is doing better today. The egg and bagel probably tasted so good to her!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Irmi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Beth, good luck to you & Peaches tomorrow.

Lyn, you & your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I will add you to the prayer list in church.
Irmi

Postby Liz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Wow, so many needing prayers now. Lyn, so sorry to hear the news of your daughter. You both will be in my prayers. Also praying for you and Peaches Beth. Hope the leak is an easy, inexpensive fix too. And, hope the audiologist can adjust your new hearing aids so they work well for you. I was anxious to hear your report about them. Alice, prayers and praises for a successful sale for you.

I am back home with two homes that need cleaning. That'll be my job for a few days. Plans for hiking and a horseback ride this week. Also two volunteer jobs. That will fill my time this week.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Liz, I'll make sure to update on the hearing aids. They are different and lighter and definitely I can hear better but I'm having trouble with them in the ear canal. So the lighter weight may have to go away and I may have to have a mold like my previous aids. Right now I have a new appt for Friday afternoon if I'm back from my water heater fix in time and before that, Peaches. One day at a time!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 am

Bethers wrote:Liz, I'll make sure to update on the hearing aids. They are different and lighter and definitely I can hear better but I'm having trouble with them in the ear canal. So the lighter weight may have to go away and I may have to have a mold like my previous aids. Right now I have a new appt for Friday afternoon if I'm back from my water heater fix in time and before that, Peaches. One day at a time!

Oh, I definitely do better will custom ear molds. And they have to be the hard plastic? kind. The soft latex type cause allergic reaction in my ear canals. Keep me posted.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee