Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Pooker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:08 am

So sorry to hear about your daughter, Lyn. Prayers winging their way. Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Cudedog » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Bethers wrote:I've talked to two of Peaches vets (other than this one)... So I'm getting opinions. But tomorrow I'll call another local one to see if we can go in and if they have any other ideas.

Beth:

None of my business (again!) but I would strongly encourage you to seek a second opinion of another vet - totally and completely isolated and apart from the first vet - that means a totally different vet's office. The office mates of the first vet don't count, if that is what you are saying.

There is always a "hierarchy" of some sort in any vet's office, and all of the vets working there tend to stick together, and to support one another's opinion. A different vet in the same office is almost always going to support the opinion of the first vet. Always.

For example, if you got the vet that had been at the facility for a while, the "newer" vets are going to support the old vet's opinion - or risk inter-office conflict (and maybe even firing if the senior vet is also the owner of the clinic, as is often the case). Same thing if you got the "newer" vet - the older vet is going to support the opinion of the new vet to avoid conflicts - and somtimes even a lawsuit. They will always stick together.

And remember - veterinary medicine is an art, not strictly a science. After all, the patient can't explain to the doctor just how they feel. And, as an art, a vet (really, this is true for people doctors also) are expressing an opinion - their "best guess".

Stopping now.

I am very passionate about veterinarians. I have had some really wonderful vets - and some really very bad ones too.

I once brought my then 13-year-old dog to the vet because he had a sinus condition. He was having a bit of trouble breathing, a bit of discharge from the nose, and would "snort" as he tried to clear his airways, and was just generally "not himself". As I lifted my dog onto the table my poor dog snorted, the vet literally jumped back in terror and told me that my dog had growled at him. He then proceeded with the "examination" of my dog from the other side of the room!

I never went back to that vet.

I am still praying for you and Peaches that she makes a full recovery.

Best wishes,

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

When I said I spoke to two other of Peaches vets, they weren't from this office. Peaches will never set foot in that office again. The other two vets are in two other states. Peaches has vets all across this country. These two have told me the things to have the new local vet I made an appt with for tomorrow check.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee