Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby avalen » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am

Good morning!!
So y'all are on your way or already there for the Hardee Lakes gtg. Have a great time, maybe next year ill be out that way, but not this year.
I had a guy knock on my door yesterday, seems one of my neighbors mentioned to him I was prepping my fifth wheel to sell. He wants to buy it as is, we agreed on a price (I stood firm) , he left a deposit and said he'd be back this next weekend and could I have it emptied by then. Yes! However, I'm not holding my breath, gotta see the money.
So, easy enough to toss the remaining stuff in a tub and put it in the shed for now. Still have until June in this location , if all goes well.
Y'all have a great day, be safe, have fun.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:18 am

Congrats, Alice! I hope he follows through... It would be great if you didn't have to do any more work except on your traveling rv!

Tough night with Peaches. I'd already made the decision yesterday that I had to cancel going to Yuma today... Too many things happening I need to take care of... From the appt for my leaking water tank (used the park showers yesterday... Big feat for me lol), to not being happy with my new hearing aids... As much as I wanted to see some people, life was conspiring against it happening just now. Peaches and I are about to go for a short walk and discuss if a visit to a different vet is in order.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Alice, I hope you have your camper sold. Less work and worry for you.

We just finished our usual Sunday steak. It has warmed back up to the 70's. The 10 day forecast has temperatures in the 60's and 70's and not too cold at night. If we can get through February without anymore freezes we should be good.

Yesterday I was looking for a certain pillow for Harold to try and couldn't find it. Last night I saw on the computer that Bed, Bath and Beyond has them. Trying to decide if I want to go back to Lafayette or just order it online. Decisions, Decisions. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Good news and not so good news today. Alice, I am hoping that guy comes through for you. That is the good news...The not so good is Peaches. Hoping for the best there, Beth.
The horrible news is that my daughter is back in the hospital in excruciating pain. Her foot looks horrible, all blue. One doc finally came in and gave her a PCA. That has helped a little. Pain went from 10 to 8. I have been at the hosp all morning. The other daughter relieved me for a few hours. I will go back after Benjis 3:00 walk.
The vascular surgeon had not been in when I left. We are still awaiting him. Worst case senerio, her foot will have to be amputated.
So, ALL my plans are on hold. Until I know more about her condition I am not doing any planning. If her foot does have to be amputated, I will then be spending most of the time with her.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Just found out, foot will have to be amputated! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby chalet05 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Lyn, I'm sorry to see this about your daughter! I must have missed something along the way. Sending prayers and well wishes! Hugs!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Cudedog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Bethers wrote:Peaches and I are about to go for a short walk and discuss if a visit to a different vet is in order.

Beth: PLEASE get a second opinion on Peaches. This is absolutely none of my business, but I have been around the block with vets over the years, and (as in all things!) some are better (some MUCH better) than others. Prayers for you and Peaches.

Alice: So excited for you to have (maybe) sold your 5th wheel. What a load off of your mind.

Lyn: So very sorry to hear about you and your daughter's difficulties. Hope all comes right in the end. Prayers for you and your daughter.

Take care, all.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Irmi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Lyn, I must have missed something, too, about your daughter. You take care of yourself.

Beth, I'm so sorry Peaches is still having problems. I agree that a second opinion would be a good choice.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Lyn, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

I've talked to two of Peaches vets (other than this one)... So I'm getting opinions. But tomorrow I'll call another local one to see if we can go in and if they have any other ideas.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm

So so sorry Lyn, is this the daughter you live with ? or the other one?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Lyn, I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers for you both. Beth, prayers for Peaches and you.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Irmi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Martha, we got the My Pillow's a couple years ago, after the recommendation of family & friends. They are great and I would order them again.
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 pm

So sorry Lyn to hear about your daughter! I am also wondering which daughter it is and what brought this on. If you need a dog sitter for awhile, I would be more than willing to take Benji for awhile to make things easier on you. Just let me know...(I sent you a PM)

I also agree, Beth, that you should get a second opinion on Peaches.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Ava, on the 5th wheel sale!

Nothing new here other than just not feeling very spunky lately. :(
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 pm

oh my....what changes....Alice am hoping that the 5th wheel is truly sold!!! Beth know that you
will do what is best probably a change in Vets...hope that Peaches regains her health...did she possibly have a stroke? and Lyn what happened with the daughter? hope all goes well with the surgery and rehab...she will do well and regain her Independence.
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Lyn (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. Beth hope someone can help Peaches.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Next

Return to Morning Coffee