First Saturday of Feb.

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

First Saturday of Feb.

Postby Colliemom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am

Good Morning from the 45th. Snowy morning here. Between Winter Weather Advisories and lake effect, then system snow, we are in for a snowy weekend. Have kitchen project to do, so will be working on that.

O’Sharon, maybe we should have helped Phil escape while we were there last summer. Then they would have had to find another Groundhog with a better prediction. Maybe that’s why the one that ran across the road in front of us was on the run, hiding from the Inner Circle :lol:

See the Hardee Lakes bunch is gathering little by little. Campfire and lans being made already. Weather looking good. Sarah, so glad you made it and all is working properly. Time to relax and play. I’ve got a bad case of hitch itch here, but that will have to just wait till spring. Would love to be working on trailer remodels though. Patience is the name of the game.

Gotta get busy. Y’all have a nice day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: First Saturday of Feb.

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 am

Good morning
Enjoying the reports coming in from Hardee Lakes, as Liz's local wildlife pics tell stories for future campfires.
I am ready to pop open the paint can today and spread some more paint!
Y'all have a great day, enjoy your gtg but watch out for the sasquatch!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 am

Good Morning from Hardee Lakes.
I got derailed a bit by some issues with my house batteries not charging. The folks at TriAm RV in Ocala were kind enough to work me in for service (I'm a repeat client). Took quite a while to find and fix but they did it and I made it here on time.
The southern version of the ground hog disagrees with the Yankee one - I'm going with the prediction of spring arriving quicker.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Othersharon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 am

Good morning! Started out sunny but now what they’d call filtered sun, I guess. Sue, I was thinking along the same lines as you about Phil! But he’s so cute! And so well taken care of! Don’t think he could take care of himself very well! We’re bracing for a storm to move in tonight and tomorrow and it looks like a couple of storms forecasted for this week. Blah! Guess winter is really here. Love your pics, Liz! Hope you all have a great time and look forward to seeing more from the gtg. Beth, how’s your pup doing?

I’m waiting to hear from DS to leave and take the heater I went and got for him in Johnstown the other day. We were only able to get one of the three he bought in my car so may be making another road trip today! This time I’ll take one of his bigger vehicles! Don’t like driving his pick up but will if I must.

Well, that’s about it from here. Hope you all have a great week end and find something fun to do!
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Good Afternoon. I think winter has just plain passed us up this year. No rain, no snow, sun shining, going to be 68 on Thursday......what???? This is so not good for us for fire season and drought. Well since I cannot fix it I am enjoying the lovely springlike weather.

Alice I am getting ready to paint also. Going to wash the walls in my bathroom and then do the painting and replace the fan/light in the ceiling. I need to quit procrastinating because spring will be here soon and then time for outside cleanup. My silly bulbs are already coming up all over the place lets hope they dont get covered with snow in the future.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby MandysMom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Warm here in Sacramento area too with a high in 70's today and all week to come. I'm doing laundry and cooking today. We always try to have food matching the country where the Olympics are for opening ceremony night. This year that will include Korean ribs done in Instant Pot. Tonight I'm doing a rack of BBQ ribs in IP and broiler.
Mel is ok. His low thyroid was tearing him down but we are 2 days into new higher dose so hopeful he won't be so tired. Apparently it's chemo changing his numbers after years stable on the lower dose. He is tolerating chemo pretty well. His biggest complaint is ongoing discomfort in his chest on side where chest tube is. It helps some when I drain it every other day but pain comes and goes anyhow. Keep hoping chemo will reduce eventually his body throwing fluid at the problem.
Otherwise nothing new here. Just a day at a time and sure enjoy reading of all the get togethers which gives me vicarious fun. I really enjoy posted photos. It's fun when I realize even though I haven't met but a few of you in person, I'm getting so I recognize many in photos!
May learn to do a rain dance here as we really hope Phil is right about more winters and RAIN pretty please with snow for mountains. Have a good week everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 pm

In Lafayette they use a Nutria for groundhogs day. His name is Pierre C. Shadeaux(eaux is pronounced as an o). He was on TV the other day and I had never seen anyone hold a Nutria before. They are like a big rat that lives in the swamps in South Louisiana. I think he lives at the zoo.

I went to Lafayette this afternoon but couldn't find anything I went after. I don't know why I go on a Saturday and get involved in the traffic mess. It doesn't take long and I'm ready to get out.

It was raining off and on most of the day. There were some Mardi Gras Parades this weekend and some got wet. The high was 55 and no sun so it felt pretty cool.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Almost 80 today and sunny. I discovered some squirrels in my yard this week. And tonight there were some mallard ducks swimming in the creek. Heard a coyote outside again last night. Lots of wildlife around here. I love it!

Worked today and it was pretty busy again. Another good tip day. Tonight my "community" has their monthly get together with a band playing and drinks. Was planning to go but am not feeling very good. Will see how I feel later and may at least try to stop in for a bit just to meet some neighbors.

Have tomorrow off so if I am feeling better, will work on some more projects around here and watch the Superbowl.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee