Groundhog saw his shadow

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Groundhog saw his shadow

Postby Pooker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:19 am

Where are all you back East gals this morning? Darn groundhog saw his shadow!
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Re: Groundhog saw his shadow

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 am

Haha, Evie, maybe they're crying in their coffee!

Got my leaking hot water tank emptied, bypass on so I have water, albeit just cold, and an appt next Thursday at the shop. It's messing with my play time and adding too many miles but, it is what it is.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Oma » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:02 am

Those of us on the east coast are getting ready for our gtg at Hardee Lakes Hope to be pulling out of here in about 2 hours.
Just think Jimmy Buffet music, margaritas, meeting new friends and fun, lots and lots of fun!!! :lol:
Oma

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 am

That darn groundhog should be out here in southern Oregon. We have nothing but sunshine and warm temps 60's. We are still waiting for winter. Not that I dont love the weather this year, just going to be a problem for summer if we dont get some rain soon.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Down here in So Cal still waiting for winter too!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Irmi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 pm

So glad to hear that Sarah had her motorhome repaired and will be spending a night at CArol's before heading to the gtg at Hardee Lake. Can't wait to hear about things going on there.

Steve has been released from the neurologist and taken off a medication but will still be seeing the doctor here until we get back to MD. I have an appointment in Lakeland Feb. 12 and will finish up there the first week of June until we get back here next fall. So things are moving in a positive direction for both of us.

The owners/managers of this campground now have to count heads at the clubhouse, as the fire marshal warned them that no more than 92 people could be in the clubhouse at one time. Since the campground has doubled in size, lots of people want to play Bingo and I understand that if you're not there close to 5:00, for the 6:30 Bingo, you won't get a seat. An addition is planned and two more bath houses are being laid out, but in the mean time, this place is busy, to say the least.

The weather has been on the cool side, but way better than our home in MD.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Irmi, I wouldn't have to worry about a seat for bingo, my sister is the bingo player in the family. If someone says bingo to me I tell them to just go ahead and shoot me. :lol:

It has cooled off a little again. It's 57 but the wind and no sun makes it feel colder. It was 70 yesterday. I think we have more rain coming tomorrow. I took Stinky for her checkup this afternoon. She didn't poop in the kennel but she peed. I guess she won't be speaking to me the rest of the day.

I wish I could be there for the Jimmy Buffet party. I'm a late comer to Jimmy Buffet music. I have several CD's in the motorhome. That's my traveling music.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Switched campsites today. I goofed when making reservations and was one day short, so had to make a reservation in a different site for one day. So now am in my site for 10 days.

And since I am in a grumpy mood, I have twice in the last month had to switch sites and wait a half an hour after checkout deadline for the occupiers to move. I got to this last one a few minutes before checkout because camp host said they had moved out and someone else was waiting for my site. However, they had not moved out and husband was out getting a car wash! Wife had not even put outside chair and dog pen away until he returned a couple of minutes after checkout. Shheeessh!

I need to get a better attitude! Have to show you something funny. Needed groceries yesterday, so as usual, I parked way out in the far part of the store parking lot. Came out of grocery store and found car using my RV as a shade tree in parking lot! Felt guilty driving away. :D
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 pm

This morning, Mick said we should go play Whack-A-Mole to deter the groundhogs. Then he admitted the only whack-a-mole game he's ever seen was in the Korean DMZ. :lol: So I guess we're fated for more winter.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Irmi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Judy, love the picture of someone using your shade. When we go out with Brenda, if she has Toby with us, she also tries to park in the shade for him.
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 am

I worked only 6 hours today but did 16 haircuts and made over $60! Wish all my days were that good! I guess everyone wants to look good at their Superbowl parties! :lol:

I really like the shop I work at. The manager is great and my coworkers are really nice and best of all ...no drama! The customers are cool too. Had some issues with some problem teenagers hanging around the downtown area and causing trouble, stealing things, etc. But now the police are spending more time walking around and the kids are all but gone, so it is much quieter and safer now. Generally, it is a very nice, safe, cute little downtown area but just a few kids causing problems.

Hope everyone has a great time at the HL GTG! We need lots of pics!!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee