Feb. 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Feb. 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Postby Colliemom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 am

Morning all. A new month is beginning, time for ya all to check in. Been prety quiet on here of late, so let’s hear it. The good, the bad, the ugly, whatever.

My news for the 1st day of the month is that the diet I said I was starting on New Years Day is still going strong. To date, I have now lost 8 pounds and am working on number 9. Onward and downward :lol:

Hardee Lakes GTG is starting tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing about all the food, friendship and whatever else goes on. This is a big GTG. Anybody know how much is in the bail fund :lol:

Going to move along here. My new stove range hood is being installed this morning, so gotta get cleaned up and changed beforecthey get here. Have a nice day everyone. Am looking forward to reading all your posts.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Feb. 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Postby chalet05 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:18 am

Good Morning! No 'rabbits' here - was muttering to myself about not being able to sleep and having to get up at 6:30!

A niece from Washington State and her sister with hubby and 3 kids from Quantico, VA arrived yesterday. We'll start 4 days at Disney World today.

While I was at Hardee Lakes, Carolb included me in her rounds and we had a good visit. We miss our boondocking in Arizona - maybe next year. I won't be at the Hardee gtg until the last few days.

Wishing you all a good month - rabbits said or not! :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:24 am

Good morning
Forgot rabbits, dang it!
I have been very busy, a little bit of everything. High school reunion coming up in two years and the committee trying to track down some graduates had kept me a tad obsessed to the point I got a migrain attack yesterday. But I did find a few and even had quite a lengthy conversation with an old friend.:-) I've actually surprised myself on some things I've remembered.
A coworker had her retirement yesterday so off to drinks and dinner yesterday. Was fun to see everyone and catch up. They are dropping like flies and of course they want me to come back. Hahaha, of course NOT!!!
Got my hair cut yesterday, I'm happy with it.
In the meantime, the car is loaded with another load for salvation army, will drop that off today and then load for a trip to son across town. Slow and steady is getting it done. Still maintaining my goal to be out of here by summer.
Three park models got moved out a few days ago, one in particular was very new and I guess now there is a lawsuit going on for expenses, etc. It was a very nice doyblewide park model brought in 2 years ago where they had to purchase the old one and pay to clear the lot for the new one.Something about disclosure of the park closing, etc. So glad I can just turn the key.
Enough from me, y'all have a good day, looking forward to reports coming in from Hardee Lakes.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am

I think rabbits was the first word I said out loud, but I was walking around thinking other things before that. Either way, today is going to be sunny and beautiful. Today's activities include packing the RV for Hardee Lakes. I'll have to think about that, since I have removed a lot of things while I have not been using it for camping. Also need to fill the fresh water tank, as I had drained it when temps were falling below freezing at night. Also going to cook a couple of meals ahead, so no cooking will be necessary.

FLOW, Florida Licensing on Wheels, will be at the Village today, so I can get my address changed on my driver's license without having to drive to Live Oak. That and the tag office come here about once a month....nice service.

Tonight is another performance of the Artist Series...the Glenn Miller Orchestra will be performing. The Series is almost over for the season. This year I will buy a season ticket.

I have begun to do some volunteering in the village, a chance to help out others and give something back. Once a week I will pick up and deliver the "Friendly Neighbor News" (Village newspaper) to my neighborhood, Park of the Pines. I did that for the first time yesterday. I will also be working for 4 hours every Saturday, starting Feb. 10 at our "Twice Nice Shop" in the Village Square. There are two Second Hand stores....this one sells mainly clothes and small stuff, like puzzles and books. The other one sells furniture and household things like dishes and small appliances. There are 2 more gift shops that sell new merchandise. All the proceeds from these shops go to the village benevolent fund which helps residents in need with such things as medicines to fill the "donut hole" when insurance runs out, groceries or rent or other things as the need arises. The shops are all run by volunteers. I am also looking into volunteering a 2 or 3 hour stint providing respite care for an elderly resident whose daughter moved here and is currently providing 24/7 care for her father. I've been there/done that and understand the importance of time to get away, even for an hour or two.

I will only be at Hardee Lakes gtg for two days, but look forward to seeing everyone that is there. Enjoy this beautiful day!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby PeggyinCT » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:32 am

Good morning Everybody from sunny and warm Galveston Island State Park, finally some nice weather.
Today we move on to Sea Rim State Park for two nights and then we cross into Louisiana. Martha we are coming along route 82. I'll send you an email. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby asirimarco » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 am

Good Morning to all from not so sunny Mazatlan. It sprinkled yesterday - just as we were bringing the RV back from the painters shop - of course. And today there is a chance of rain. The RV looks great. I was worried but trusted Bill's designs. They removed some of the decals and replaced them with metal flake paint. So now it has some of the colors of the Jeep. Posted pictures of it in the blog.
Today more friends from Canada are arriving - they will be in hotel across street for a month. So we will continue to stay busy.
If you haven't lately - back up your computers etc. I try to remember to do it the end of every month.
All of you going to the GTG have lots of fun and stay out of major trouble. Hope weather cooperates. It is finally warming up here.
asirimarco

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:00 am

I said Rabbits but might have said a few other words earlier as I wasn't happy about Toby waking me at 4:00AM to go out! Not much going on here except trying to keep up with the puppy training challenge. I can't believe how she is growing, she is 20" tall. I took her to the groomer this week and they asked to keep her 3 hours! When I asked why they said they wanted to play with her. I guess she had a great time as she was asleep when I came back. They said she wasn't afraid of the dryer and I had been worried about that. We had practiced with my dryer but it isn't as big as theirs. She gets car sick and I'm hoping she outgrows that!!! Liz it sounds as though you have found the perfect home. Wish I could pop is for a day at the GTG, hope everyone has a great time.
For those of you not of Facebook here is my 'little' one.

Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Othersharon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am

Good morning. I actually said rabbits this morning! Looks like another gray day here but the temp is already up to 38! They are calling for rain and snow this afternoon. Yesterday was a sunny day and I spent it on a road trip with DS. He wanted to go up to a meat market north of here for a special loaf made with chicken, cheese and sausage. He’s cooking it for Super Bowl party and invited me to come by so I could try it. Not a football fan so not sure I’ll do it! I had never been to that part of PA so it was fun, I got to sit back and just enjoy the scenery! Not often that I’m not the driver. Amazing what you can see when you’re the passenger!

Groundhog Day tomorrow and just bet he predicts 6 more weeks of winter! It’s been a weird one, that’s for sure! Snow is about all gone now so ready for the next round! At least here it’s gone, there was quite a bit north of here yesterday. Looking forward to hearing about HL gtg. Sounds like a good time. Missed a couple of birthdays but hope it was a good day! Liz, sounds like you’re going to be busy in your new home. As are Barbie and Donna. I’m about ready to have Salvation Army come to pick up a whole bunch of things again. Need to get rid of what’s ready to go so I can feel like I’m accomplishing something! Well, not much else happening here so I’ll quit babbling and get to my day. Have a good day all!
Othersharon

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 am

Good Morning from soon to be really cold again SW Ohio. No Rabbits around here. Most everything is going along okay as we make plans for just a couple of upcoming dog shows, keep the dogs groomed, watch to see if Audrey is going to be a mother or not, read some books and print and frame a few more photographs. I miss my camping, exploring, socializing and hiking winter fun but am enjoying the fenced yard and puttering around while still successfully avoiding large maintenance projects. I relish the opportunities for exploring pensive thoughts that don't instantly require immediate actions. I shouldn't be surprised that sitting through all those Philosophy classes in college might still be effecting me all these years later.

Here to a toast to everyone finding a positive month ahead. Cheers.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Irmi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am

Good morning everyone!

We were up after midnight, so I shouted Rabbits before going to bed.

The last cold front is finally out of here we'll get in central FL and we'll get into the mid 70's with lots of sunshine today. It was nice getting up and not seeing frost on the ground. We spend lots of time with Brenda and yesterday we went to Titusville to do some birding at the wildlife sanctuary and ended the day seeing the launch from the Kennedy Space Center. That was amazing!

Have a good day everyone!
Irmi

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~ I remembered Rabbits, kind of, because I was reading FB before actually talking, and saw Beth's reminder. So I think that counts ;) Not much new here since I posted the other day. Still in AZ about 15 minutes from Q. Been spending this week trying to figure route north and when temps will allow it. Punkin going to the vet today for shots. I got text reminders from his vet back home, and since I'm going to pick up Zorro's ashes, might as well 'git 'er done'. Temps above normal according to the news. I'll take it! Afternoon has been bringing a change of clothes from jeans and fleece jacket to shorts & T-shirt.

That's all from me. Have a good day ladies & stay safe on the roads where ever you are. Waiting for the Hardee GTG stories & pics.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am

Morning all! I said rabbits at 12:01. Hopefully I didn't say anything to Peaches in that one prior minute. I need all the luck I can get.

I discovered a drip under the rv... After work yesterday I tried to figure it out. Finally last night I took access doors off inside the rig and it's wet under the water heater. That's taking a slow path inside the rig, under the couch, to the front and dripping slowly to outside. I've turned the water heater off and today after work will look closer, drain, if necessary. I'm hoping it's just a matter of tightening something that has worked lose. If it's not obvious to me I'll ask my neighbor to check before I take the rig in. If I drain the tank and put it in bypass mode (have to find that valve lol), I should be able to survive temporarily... Me who hates using cg showers will survive doing so lol. My big concern is getting the board the heater sits on completely dried out. I want NO mold happening.

Sun's out, should be another beautiful day here. And I can't believe we're already a month into 2018!

I love hearing so much news from everyone. Liz, I especially love hearing your volunteer choices.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:37 am

Ok, I give up.

Probably this has been posted before, but why the necessity of saying "rabbits" at the beginning of the month? :?

Oh, BJ, your girl is beautiful! I'll bet she is a love.

Coming up for me, another trip to Klamath Falls sometime in the next few weeks. Probably will stay a week or more this time and just generally continue to explore the area, and probably do some real estate looking as well.
Will be driving my van (mostly because it is comfortable and easy to drive, and can easily hold all of my "stuff") but I will be staying in an Air-Bnb "loft" that belongs to the daughter of a long-time friend of mine. It is kind of a studio apartment above her garage, has a full kitchen, full bath, and nice living area. Best part of all, she lets me bring my dog. :)

Won't be camping in Klamath Falls just yet because the weather can be quite cold this time of year, and there is always a chance of snow. Will explore the camping options later in spring, when the weather warms. By the way - Oregon state campgrounds are the BEST. Last August I stayed at an Oregon state campground outside of Grants Pass. The campground was beautifully maintained, had beautiful, large, paved sites, surrounded by grass. Electric and water (don't remember about "dump" hookups, because my van is not fully self-contained) available at the site, clean restrooms, hot showers, and laundry. All for a fast $26.00/night. Amazing!

Had hoped to come to "Q" this year, but a real-estate hunt to Klamath Falls was happening at the same time, so was unable to go.

Looking further down the road (no pun intended!) for 2017, I hope to do quite a bit more exploring of the Oregon volcanoes, specifically Mt. McLaughlin volcano, Mt. Mazama (Crater Lake) volcano, and Newberry volcano (just south of Bend). Maybe even a trip to Oregon Buttes to look for obsidian (natural volcanic glass). And Klamath Falls is not terribly far from the Three Sisters volcanoes (and their friends!): Mt. Jefferson volcano and mighty Mt. Hood volcano.

Alice! Once I get there, you must come to Klamath Falls. We can do rock hounding together! :D

I am really excited about Klamath Falls. I like the weather (cold in winter, with a bit of snow), cooler in summer than where I live currently. Summers here can, and do, hit 115+ for days on end, cooling down (if you can call it that!) to the mid-90's at night. Summers in Klamath average mid-80's to mid 90's. I can do cold a lot better than I can do heat.

Klamath Falls is really an excellent location for someone interested in volcanoes. From many places in the area one can see awesome Mt. Shasta volcano (California). Medicine Lake volcano (California) - one of my favorite places on earth (about a four or five hour drive, depending on traffic, from where I am living currently), that I try to visit at least once per year, is only about 45 minutes south of Klamath Falls!

All of the southern Oregon volcanoes are within an easy day-trip of Klamath Falls.

Can't wait to make more volcano trips! :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 am

Well Phooey, Rabbits was not in my vocabulary this morning. Some bad words were for the dog who was jumping and woofing at me at 5 am .

Waiting for winter to hit southern Oregon. Another sunny day here and that is such bad news for our snow pack and the ski resorts. I am enjoying the weather tho I must admit.

I am trying to figure out where I want to go this spring/summer for camping. I have reservations at the coast the end of June but need to figure out where else I am interested in going. Everyone wants the coast so reservations are often iffy. Too hot usually east of the Cascades. I hate to make reservations for over there then have to cancel because it is 100+ for days.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Completely forgot "rabbits".....I got up at 5 AM as I have lots I want to get done today. Sat and read the paper for 1 1/2 hours, so shot that extra time!!!

Some running around to do today. Can't leave until after the 11:00 dog walk. So will be out in the traffic.

Our weather has been beautiful. Warm in the afternoons so have to walk on the shady side of the street. (Is that a song?)

We have a large lab/doodle on our hall. Yesterday Benji attacked him!!! He is about 3 times as big as Benji. I was so embarrassed, and the owner apologized! It was Benji's fault completely.

Thanks all for posting on the 1st. It is fun reading about the activities.

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Next

Return to Morning Coffee