Feb. 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Feb. 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Postby carolb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 pm

G'afternoon to all my Morning friends! So nice to see so many check in for Rabbits Roll Call...Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned bdays--I missed a bunch too, which I have now remedied! Also someone asked "why Rabbits"--it was a childhood tradition of a long time member (who has gone off to fb), If you say "rabbits" first thing, first day of the month, good luck will prevail:)

So my story...have been in FL 2 wks now. A few days with sis, a week on the road (YES! got to see Anita, Irmi/Steve, Brenda, & Donna/Phee :) ) Now back at sis's to clean horse stalls daily, hooray for me! She needs me up to the middle of Feb, so won't get to Hardee gtg, except possibly the last day or two???

I have been reading, & I do want to express heartfelt sadness for a few deaths--Barbie, your friend; Beki, your mom; & fur-baby, Zorro :cry: So I do pray that "Rabbits" works for those of you who could use a good month....

Y'all have a great day, a great month, & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 pm

I remembered "Rabbits" at midnight thanks to Barbie's reminder. I need to start going to bed earlier. I was up at 2:00 last night and then I wake up late and have to hurry to get ready to go to town. My son came to see his dad today and his dad recognized him. Then we went to eat out. I can't believe how expensive it has gotten to eat out.

Lyn, I can imagine how big your news paper is. My Aunt and Uncle in Dallas use to take both papers. I don't know how anyone could go through that much news. I have trouble keeping up with ours and it is usually only about 10 pages.

Liz, you are lucky that the license people come to you. Our local office is usually not very busy. I just hope the state doesn't close it because the office in Lafayette is a nightmare. They want you to make an appointment. If you don't have an appointment you could be there all day.

Peggy, Hwy 82 passes about a mile from my house. There is a small ferry this side of Cameron or at least it was the small ferry they were running the last time I went that way. They might have the big ferry running again.

My TV is acting crazy. The cats could turn it off if they walked across the table it's on. Now they can turn it off and on just by walking by it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm

No rabbits for me. Drove only 80 miles from Lake Pleasant to Usery Mountain campground, but I stopped at Kohls, Walmart, Einstein's Bagels, and Bashas to get something I forgot. Oh, and I always stop them at the Camping World counter when they start to sell me something. Today it was their Visa card. I told her I didn't want a sales pitch when I was checking out, and she tried to tell me it was against the law for her NOT to offer me the Visa card!!!! :o

When I said that was ridiculous, she said she had learned that in the training course. :o :o By this point, I was really irritated and told her I had written the sales training for KMart cashiers, which I had, although it was about 15 years ago, and there was no law anywhere that forced a cashier to sell anything to anyone!

Glad to hear Galvestone Island State Park made it through the last hurricanes. I stayed there about four years ago and really enjoyed it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby cnq50b » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm

No rabbits for me today.

It's cold here in Kansas! Walked around the block with co-workers at lunchtime. Thank goodness one group walks fast enough to warm a person up a little. But heck, even with sun out temps in the 20's are still cold

Work is going well. It's always good to see everyone.

I've mentioned this forum to a a co-worker who is starting life in a 5th wheeler with her hubby. He travels for his work so she's retired from the office & could use the cameraderie of this group plus all the wisdom you have to offer newbies.

Need to read up on the FL GTG & see what's happening there.
Hope they've figured out your battery issues,Sarah & that they get your hot water fixed, Beth.
Carolb, have fun cleaning horse stalls. ;)
Just realized how late it is... better sign off.
Be safe everyone,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 pm

it's been a busy month felt like half of it was spent in Las Vegas..left there on 16 so guess I was there half of the month!! then just relaxing from the stress of it all then getting ready for the gtg
so enjoyed having everyone here...and now I am madly working on a quilt....I bought a quilt top last winter planned on getting it quilted this past summer didn't happen :roll: so here I am with the lady who I bought the top from egging me on...possibly giving me a scott's blessing...yesterday she went on the atv ride didn't expect her back so time for games hands were tired so I went to games...oops stilling hearing indirectly about it...oh well hopefully tomorrow maybe Sat it will be done...at least the quilting part...then some time next week I need a day at home to horrors get the tree down...get stuff reorganized around here ...hope your water leak is a easy fix Beth..still need to call someone to come out on the water hose... I will be glad when the quilt is finished so that I won't have to get up so early got up at 7 ish left shortly after 8 then got to thinking I ought to fill up my jugs of water...so went and did that at the place where the quilt is close to 9 left at 7:15 my neck hurts my shoulders hurt and I am tired.
so that is my story of the month
sheila
snowball

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee