Snowy Last Day of January

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Last Day of January

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am

Good Morning everyone. Snowing here in northern Michigan this morning. First snowy morning in what seems like forever. A fine wet snow too, so that will stick to the ice patches and maybe the dogs and I will be able to start walking the roads again. We’ve been hard pressed to find places to walk with icy areas on our sub roads, ice on top of the snow etc. Yesterday, took them to a state park about 12 miles from here and we had a nice walk on one of the closed and unplowed park roads. And a zillion critter tracks for them to check out.

Judy, glad you survived the windy night. Been there, done that. CArol, you sound like me when I moved to this house. Clean, paint etc...... It’s work, but fun turning a place into “yours”. And Barbie and Donna doing the same thing. I’m still doing cosmetic things here this winter, but am happy and content with things now. Will turn my attention to my trailer in spring. Few cosmetic upgrades planned for that too.

Hope some of you get to see the blue super moon eclipse. Is coming too late here. Past moon set and snowy skies anyway.

Beth, I hope Peaches improves. Hard watching our fur babies get sick. Maybe once that fluid wears off, she will become her old self. You could try fixing some beef or calves liver for her. Never knew a dog to turn that down.

Guess I’ll head for the shower here. Thinking of going through my files today and organizing them for this year. And do some prep on income tax stuff. Have just about everything, but waiting for about 3 more documents. Have a nice day all :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Last Day of January

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi, Sue! I slept in, fixed breakfast, ate it, and still no one has posted here. Must be on the road or busy with chores.

I made some crepes for breakfast, using Martha Stewart's online recipe for crepes. Very easy, and makes enough to make three for my breakfast, freeze some cooked, and have enough battery to refrigerate for tomorrow. That gives me three breakfasts. I make my own sauce by cooking frozen or fresh blackberries with sugar, a tiny but of water, and a tablespoon of cornstarch. Don't measure, but it makes a great sauce that does not have artificial flavorings or corn syrup. YUM!

Got to get to work. Was really lazy yesterday, but it felt good.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm about to get off work. I didn't give myself time for morning coffee this a.m. I picked up my new hearing aids yesterday after work. They are going to take some getting used to. My audiologist prefers these now and was due. My old got adjusted and these are even better... So it's loud outside again with the birds, etc. I had to have a long phone call this morning because (no!) the Medicare folks screwed up my payments. They lost the info for directly taking payments do this time I sent a check while that's being worked out, and they say they didn't get the check. So I tried to add them to my bank payees and they gave me wrong info. Called my bank and with my new hearing aids sending the call directly to my ears a lovely bank employee got the payee info fixed. We'll see if they get this. And we know they probably have the check and will still cash it! (My old hearing aids could do the same, but I hate the phone and rarely had the blue tooth hooked up. But for long calls like this or when driving, it's great).

Ok, time to lock up the mail room.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Beth, don't you just love the governments bookkeeping. My son is always having trouble with the VA. They either don't pay him enough and when he contacts them they pay it back twice or say they over payed him for months and then want the money back.

I had to bring one of the house cats to the vet this afternoon for his yearly shots so I brought the cat I picked up at the campground in New Orleans. I wanted to get him checked to see if he was chipped and get him a rabies shot. I can tell he was trapped and neutered as a feral cat but he was not wild. He was a little wary but after us feeding him for a week he was very tame. And he liked dogs. If someone was walking a dog he would join them. He didn't have a chip. I knew he was getting a little chunky but he weighed 16 pounds. I think we are feeding the outside cats too much.

That's about all that's going on here. The weather has been nice. It was suppose to get down to close to freezing last night but only got to 38. Today it was almost 70.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 am

Don't forget to say "rabbits" after midnight!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee