Tuesday, isn't it??

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday, isn't it??

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:55 am

Good Morning Everyone, I think it's been awhile since I've checked in here. I have a lot of cabinets and drawers in this kitchen and have been up to my elbows in Murphy soap scrubbing every inch inside and outside. I have this phobia that makes for a lot of work for me. Work and I, have not really been acquainted for a very long time so the body rebels and the mind has lost track of mundane things such as what day it is !!! :roll: :D

Other then getting acquainted with my new surroundings and meeting the neighbors, just cleaning in my life right now. I'm enjoying it though. They have a monthly covered dish social time down at The community building. Which I plan to go to, great opportunity to meet others and find out a few things such as garbage pick up etc, do they have or do I haul somewhere. I had to haul in NC so no Biggy just need to know where. Right now my DD hauls what I have home with her.

The church across the road from me I discovered Sunday does have services, I was so pleased but of course not dressed to go anywhere. I'd been told by realtor that she thought not. It's a Baptist church but there are so many different Baptist. There are several nearby.

Martha, I'm so sorry to hear that Harold's condition has declined so. So glad you are making time for you, that's most important. Barbie, you need to have breaks to enjoy and just breath often during all that painting and planning you have laid out for yourself.

Time to move here, have errands to run today, but taking my time getting out. Its only 48 here, Mr P is still tucked up in his blankie and as much as he'd like to go with me , i know he does not want to go yet :lol: No real rush, no heavy traffic to be concerned about and long lines to wait in at different stops I've planned. I'm really liking it here, so far everyone has been very friendly. Dr visit yesterday to acquire a primary care for presciptions yearly and "just in case" I liked very much too.

Really is time to shut up here!!! :o enjoy your day and Stay Safe doing it,
CArol
Carolinagal

Re: Tuesday, isn't it??

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 am

Good Morning! Sounds like you're making lots of progress, CArol.

It was a busy day working yesterday. Lots of packages and the most single mail I've seen in one day. We'll see what today brings.

I spend all the time I can with Peaches. Who knew that trying to help one issue would change my baby forever. She's not in pain and I keep hoping she'll recuperate further. But unless I can get her to eat more she'll dwindle to nothing. I was cooking in the pressure cooker last night, chopping onions to put in and had to stop... Peaches couldn't have it with onions. So they stayed out until it was finished. I bowled some up for the fridge for Peaches, then added the onions and closed the lid... Hopefully they softened some.

We're supposed to hit 80 for a high today. I have a feeling we're going to start breaking records again this winter.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

CArol, sounds like you found a good place to set up house and have already had visitors. As many of us that are wandering around Florida you will probably have more company. You sure found the right dog in Mr P. He would be my kind of dog, none of this getting up at 6:00 to go out. lol Hope you have garbage pickup. Having to haul it would be a pain. We are so lucky here. They even picked up all the old fence panels my son put by the road.

Beth, hope Peaches improves. It's hard when they won't eat. So many of my cats are about the same age so in a few years I'm afraid I will lose a lot of them. I need to put the outside cats on a diet. We have the fattest barn cats. I guess I will have to get everyone a bowl and just put a little in each bowl instead of them eating all day.

I need to do some work on the mess in my office. I got a tax box so I can change the files but still haven't touched that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Bethers wrote:
I spend all the time I can with Peaches. Who knew that trying to help one issue would change my baby forever. She's not in pain and I keep hoping she'll recuperate further. But unless I can get her to eat more she'll dwindle to nothing.

Beth, what is the problem with Peaches? I sometimes miss a post here and there, but didn't know she was ill. I must have missed your posts.

So sorry she is ill.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 pm

I managed to get a few things done today. Still lots more projects to do. I meant to empty out my storage unit before the 29th of January so I wouldn't have to pay for another month. Somehow this past weekend I thought I still had a week to go before the end of the month and missed the deadline for getting out. So I had to pay again for February. Need to get on that project right away so I don't forget again! That is too much money to be handing over for no good reason. I have an empty shed here to put it all in. Still deciding on paint colors and trying to match up other colors that I need to patch up here and there. I also want to paint the front door and need to decide on a color for that. It is dark brown now and I want a much lighter color (but not white). I would like to paint it red, but the house is green and that would look too Christmasy.

I stopped at Hobby Lobby today. Wow does that place have a lot of neat stuff! Had to refrain from buying too much stuff I really don't need. Will be a great place to go for future crafty projects tho.

Beth, sorry to hear about Peaches. Was it just from the subQ fluids that made her so sick? Hope she recovers soon!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Anne and Barbie, when I had Peaches kidney levels tested the vet here wanted me to give her sub q fluids to see if they would help lower the levels more than diet has been doing. To be honest I had no clue they could have the side effects they can have... And did have with Peaches. She was a happy dog with higher than normal kidney levels. I honestly thought she was going to die a week ago. It's hard to explain, but while she's come back a long ways, she a different dog, different personality. She doesn't want to walk more than necessary to do her business. Her energy level dropped! She's afraid of some people she's known and loved for years. It's a waiting game to see how much more she does or doesn't improve. It's possible her lungs and/or heart have been compromised. Nobody can tell me why her memory seems effected. She's not in pain and right now I'm giving her foods off her kidney diet because she needs to eat more. She aged a great deal in a few days.

So, yes, Barbie, the sub q fluids, in this case, was a total disaster.

Thanks everyone for listening.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Beth, I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to Peaches, and to you, too. Try not to be too hard on yourself. These things happen.

Sending prayers and good wishes to you and to Peaches.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee