think it is Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

think it is Monday

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 am

Just a quick check in.
Late start yesterday due to some unexpected issues with Magic plus rain/fog but I managed to get to Ozark, AL around 6:30 last night.
Peggy - the Hardee Lakes gtg is a longer than normal one - 2 weeks. Hope you can make at least a few days or that we get to see each other somewhere else along the way in FL.
The rain has stopped but no sunshine still.
I'm waiting for office to open so can get propane, then see if I can make it to Liz's new hang out.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: think it is Monday

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am

So glad to know that you made it out of the driveway and down the road and found a port in the journey, so to speak. Getting out of the driveway can be the hardest part sometimes. Keep moving on. Can't wait to see what adventures all of you will find at the lakes.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 am

I slept in for a change, that was a surprise!
Will finish the bedroom today and tomorrow I'll move on to the bathroom and hallway.
I'm enjoying the weather, its been really nice.
Hope Sarah gets her charging issue figured out.
Beth, I downloaded that "oh ranger" app and I like it. Its a keeper.
I need to eat something, y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 am

Mornin ladies~~~
Q itself is basically over, but I'm still hanging out in Brenda 15 minutes away. Sheila & I did the majority of the tents across the street on Saturday. I need to run back there today. To pick up a dog tag I ordered for Punkin. For those that do not know, Zorro went to the bridge on January 18th. Such a quiet, calm dog. He has taught Punkin well. Punk is doing OK because he has found a play buddy in the lab in the next camper.

Did a drive to my cousins in Sun City yesterday. Awesome homemade lasagna just like Gram used to make and the best part...leftovers!

Beth, I finally met your cousin & husband the other day. They were on their way to another neighbors for cocktail hour. They have a nice site in the back, and besides coyote, they had a bobcat in their backyard a week or so ago. Me? Still have yet to see wildlife.

Well that's it from sunny, sometimes windy Arizona. Have a good day everyone & stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Beautiful day today, but had a horrible night because of wind. My site is high on a hill overlooking Lake Pleasant, which is how I got in trouble last May in a storm in Kansas! Wind was very strong, hitting my sideways, and around 9 pm, the awning on my passenger-side slide started really flapping, so I put slide in. But the wind was so strong that the two awning arms kept banging loudly. Also motorhome was rocking and rolling because I do not have stabilizer jacks, and I think even my bike was banging on something, although it was pretty well tied down on the bike rack. Plus, of course, even though I have covers on them, the bathroom and the bedroom vent covers were lifting up and banging back down.

Anyway I got a few hours sleep, but wind is slightly less now, so I am going out to dump my tanks and head over to a shopping area about a dozen miles away to pick up some things. I checked weather and not supposed to be as windy rest of week, or I would move to another spot behind this hill and a little lower. Great view of entire lake from here, however.

I ordered some stuff from Amazon and am trying their locker program. I order it and pick a "locker" to have it shipped to. Locker is a store or some place that will receive it for me, and I go to pick it up. Will see how it works.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby cnq50b » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Still morning out here so Good morning everyone.

Sarah, glad you're on your way.... slow & steady wins the race (@ eventually gets to the GTG :D )

Had the kids up from SanDiego this past weekend. Busy, busy...
Going to KS for a week - work related but will get to see my great-grandbaby while there. Looking forward to seeing my son, DIL, grands & now great-grand. And maybe have some KC Barbecue and/or Fried chicken! yum!

Got some new planters & a couple of plants for my patio but will wait to repot the plants until I return - plants are in their original 5-gallon plastic containers now which I hope will retain the moisture better while I'm gone. Hope the weather cools down a bit out here so they don't burn up. AND hope the weather warms up in bit in KS - looks like 20's at night & maybe a few days of 40's - otherwise 30's. :shock: Discovered I don't have any shoes suitable for that kind of weather any more. yikes!

Well, I'd better get back to work. Can't wait to hear that Sarah gets to Liz's place & then hear about the GTG.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Sarah, glad you made it on the road. Hope you can make it to Liz's. She can help you figure out what your battery problem is. Sometimes I think if I would load up and spend the night in town that's the only way I could get an early start. :roll:

A few of the ladies at the campout were getting sick and last night I was afraid I was coming down with it too. Today I feel ok. We have about 4 of the thermometers with the battery and they were all dead. I was trying to find new batteries in town and no luck. Maybe I can find them online. Those things work when you buy them but when you need them again they are dead.

Today at the nursing home I was Harold's aunt. He remembered that our son went while I was gone but I have never been his aunt before. I think sometimes he sees someone that he thinks is me and gets mad because I won't talk to him.

I got most of the things out of the camper washed but can't find a pillow case. How do you lose a pillow case? I need to go clean the floor. Because it was raining the floor is a mess. I don't have another trip planned until March but I'm ready to go again.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:04 am

Judy, last night sounds really unnerving! I remember some windy times in my trailer and that was not fun. Glad you got thru it without any damage (other than to your nerves!).

Sarah, glad you finally got on the road. Now you can relax and have fun with friends!

Martha, glad you had a good time camping. Good for you to be out having some fun and taking care of yourself. You need that break from everyday life.

Nothing new here. Lost my motivation for the past several days. Hope I can find it tomorrow and get a few things done around here. Maybe it is from the loss of my friend and the one year anniversary of losing my dad. Just down in the dumps a little.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:29 am

IrishIroamed wrote: Punk is doing OK because he has found a play buddy in the lab in the next camper.

:o WHOA! Didn't know that dogs could do science experiments! And a lab is allowed in the campground?? What will rv hosts think of next to lure campers to camp there? :roll:

Kinda reminds me of the time - just a couple of weeks ago - I passed through the town of Weed on my way to Klamath Falls.

. . . Sorry. Had an insomnia night last night and just couldn't help myself. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Zorro. :( So many here seem to have been going to the Bridge of late. It breaks my heart.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee