Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby asirimarco » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

Good morning to All. The sun is actually up today, for about three weeks we've had cloudy, overcast and cool weather. With only one or two sunny warm days. But that is supposed to change today. Still will be cool in the low 80's. All our Mexican friends are freezing. We've even had on long pants and long sleeved shirts a few days.
We are living in a hotel right now. Our RV is in the paint shop getting its graphics changed to match the Jeep. Not my idea. Strange being in a hotel room. Haven't done that in years Sure not as comfortable as being in the RV. And we are right on a main street - lots of noise.
Hopefully we will get the RV back Tuesday morning.
Other than that all is good here in Mazatlan. A little over a month and we'll be heading home.
Enjoy the GTG and drive safely if you are on the road.
asirimarco

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby PeggyinCT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 am

Good morning Everybody from Aransas Pass, Texas. My Roadtrek is still having intermittent chugging that baffles the Dodge dealer mechanics. Took it in for an oil change while visiting with Birdie and of course it was fine....anyway I am slowly maki g my way to Florida but I will not get there in time for the Hardee Lake gtg. Does anybody want Site 32. I will call the park and cancel my reservation tomorrow, unless someone wants it.
Martha, as I make my way across I-10 I will keep in touch and hopefully you'll be able to meet up. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby dpf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 am

Good Morning! Peggy I had trouble with one of my cars with the occasional chugging. If I pulled over and turned the car off and then started it again it would stop. So if was very difficult for the problem to be diagnosed. It seemed to do it more when it was humid. Finally one of the repairman checked the catalytic converter and there was a piece of rust that had formed and when it was humid it would stick against something and cause the chugging. When I turned the car off the piece would fall down and that why it would work fine. Might want to ask about that. It took forever for my car to get fixed and I was afraid to drive it in any heavy traffic because I never knew when it was going to act up.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby chalet05 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:49 am

Peggy, I sent you an e-mail - hoping I still have the right address!
Anita
chalet05

Postby PeggyinCT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi again. Thanks for the info Pat. A mechanic in Columbus, NM did all that he could and eventually gave up after replacing the spark plugs, wire, coil cam , and fuel pump. He only charged me for parts because he didn't solve the problem. You don't find many like him and it was a wonderful Christmas gift. His advice is the same as others...drive it until something happens.... my nerves are shot ...
Anita, I will get to FL eventually... I sent you an email . Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Peggy, you know you are welcome to driveway camp at my house. I'll understand if you don't want to come this far off I-10. Keep in touch and I'll try to meet up with you. I know how aggravating it is to be worried all the time about your motorhome. Every time I hear a noise I start worrying. It's usually something inside that falls because it wasn't put away.

I had a good trip back from the campout except for the traffic in Lafayette. It looks like everyone that couldn't get out because of the rain was out today. We had 23 at our campout and the campground is very nice. It's at one of the locks on the Red River. They have a very nice building they let you use if you have at least 5 campers in your group. I bet they were happy to see us because we took up almost the whole campground.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 am

Peggy, I was looking forward to seeing you again at Hardee Lakes. Hope you will stop and visit me in Dowling Park on your way into Florida, or at least let me know where in Florida you will be playing. Perhaps we can gtg somewhere while you're here.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee