Monday, Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Monday

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 am

So good to see,,, and so the song goes
I think last night was the coldest night but I stayed warm.
Off for an adventure today,,,,,Oatman!!
Thank you Cheryl for driving us.
Sheila and I did a good trip around the desert yesterday, very interesting.
It was so nice to meet Catherine and wish she could have stayed longer but some of us have to work.
Maggie is doing her sentry duty on the dashboard, she thinks she has to warn me about all the other dogs out there doing their poops! Lol lol
Y'all have a great day, be safe and have fun.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Monday, Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am

Good morning Alice and all. You sure are enjoying your adventures Alice. I can tell it in yor writing. Things to see, places to explore and friends to do it with. Can’t get any better than that :D

My adventures for today sre much more mundane. Visit to chiropractor this morning as my knee got dislocated. Been there before. All ya need to do is turn over the wrong way in bed and they can pop :roll: All set now. Then gave my bathroom and kitchen a good cleaning, will dust and vacuum tomorrow. See, I said it wadn’t very exciting :lol: It’s raining here and we are also getting a bit of freezing rain from this latest winter storm. When it’s crappy outside, then I get into house stuff. Thinking about Pat in SD and RitaMc in MN and wondering how they are faring in the storm. Looks really bad in the areas with snow.

Hoping you all have a great day down there in Q, stay safe those in storm areas and hope those with colds, flu and anything else are on the mend.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Overnight I decided to opt out of the Oatman trip... Not quite willing to leave Peaches add long as they'll be gone today, yet. I learned Sandi also opted out. After she, myself and our dogs watched them leave Sandi mentioned going for the free pancakes. 5 minutes later we were off lol. If we go again we are going to get one serving with an extra plate.... We both threw away at least half! :o Good, but too much food. Sandi had taken her Blue Ox tow bar to their booth for inspection service yesterday, so we stopped and picked it up on our return. No clue what else today holds. The sun is out, winds are gone... Temps a tad lower, but should be nice out with the sun and no winds. Tomorrow Navajo Tacos!

Ouch on the knee, Sue. Glad you've already got it fixed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby RitaMc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Storm is staying south of the Twin Cities area. No snow yet up here by St Cloud but the wind is strong. We are getting ready to leave for Yuma next Tuesday. Each year we end up leaving at this time and there is always a storm that crosses the prairie. Next year we leave first week of January when it is too cold for this type of weather. We will go straight to Yuma and sit in the sun for several days and then make our plans from there. Sister who is in remission with leukemia is waiting for her oncologist to decide about a transplant and if a donor has been located. If she gets permission from doctor they will come to Yuma while we are there. IF not we will go to Tucson to visit her but will not go in the third week of February as that is when the rodeo takes place and two years ago we learned the hard way there is no way to get a campsite for that week. Can hardly wait to leave. I need sun. My eczema is so bad this year. Have areas on face, arms, elbows and thigh that severely itch. the steroid prescription barely keeps it in check so I have started treating the areas with avocado oil, vitamin d oil and lavender oil. The solar rays really help to clear it up so plan to be sitting in a secluded spot behind our trailer so the patch on my thigh can be exposed. I have my crafts and Breezie's stuff all packed and ready to go. Have a great day lll.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby dpf » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Just a quick hello and weather update. So far we have only gotten about 2 inches of snow and we are in an area predicted to get 6-8 inches. I went to bed last night expecting to wake up to huge drifts but thankfully didn’t. About 60 miles east of us the interstate is closed and they are expected to get up to 12 inches of snow. Most of the schools in the southeastern part of the state are closed. We must be on the very edge of it because I just saw that Tyndall has 4.5 inches and they are only 10 miles east of us. The wind is blowing but the temperature is still around 28.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Morning Coffee