Thursday Good Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday Good Morning

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 am

Greetings all. January noving right along. One more week and it’s over. Getting closer to spring slow but sure. O’Sharon, we have some mild weather coming in for a few days again, so it will probably be out your way next week :D

Did you all hear about the meteor that came streaking down in MI? I was sitting here half watching TV and half playing on my IPad when I saw a flash of light outside. Thought it was car headlights coming, but no car, knew it couldn’t be lightening as too cold for that :?: Well now I know what it was. It came down in the Detroit area, breaking up into pieces in the stmosphere before hitting the ground, but not before shaking buildings with a sonic boom and causing a 2.0 earthquake. Now the hunt is on for pieces. Wow!

Life has been buay here this week. Measurements for range hood by unstaller, new lawn tractor delivery, just need mom nature to add grass :lol: , bunch of errands and business to attend too and water softener supposed to be installed on Friday. Need to get dogs flea/tick meds today too. Like everything else, goes in streaks. Then last night there was a traffic accident that took out our power for two hours :o :roll: So just sat here by my battery lamp and played games on the Pad. Hoping they could get it back on before too long. No heat in winter can get a might chilly in the long term.

Tina, hope Audrey had a good time at the party. Probably not :) Congrats on the big win with Josef too! Looks like Q is off to a good start. Let the good times roll!

Keep warm and safe everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Thursday Good Morning

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

Good morning :-)
another day in paradise, what more can I say. I do feel bad for you girls suffering in the cold.
Yesterdays adventures were absolutely fun!! I expected to be a bit of pain this morning but surprisingly not! However, by the end of the day my feet were happy to get the hiking tennis off and the marshmallow shoes on.
Off to get some routine chores done and bless the day. Y'all have a good one.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

Will be thinking of you guys out in Q and making adventures. Have fun so all of us can dream of future adventures as th roads may take us back there!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Sue, about 45 years ago, I was sitting at the snack bar at our cottage on the tip of the thumb. It was dark and I was playing cards with my then-husband and brother who were facing away from the lake. At one point, I looked up and for about 5 seconds, it was almost daylight outside. I could see the lawn and way out on the lake. There was no boom, and I did not see a streak (too many trees overhead), but it was clearly a chunk of something from outer space lighting up the night sky. And afterwards, of course, no one would believe me! Newspaper did confirm it next day.

Having problems getting to bed earlier and up an hour earlier since I am now in Arizona and a new time zone. I have spent about 10 months in Pacific time, so hard to adjust. Weather is still very pleasant here with highs around 65 and nights chilly enough to be comfortable. Heading to Lake Havasu on Monday, and will need to pick up some groceries.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Well, the day I didn't give Peaches fluids was her best day. Gave them to her yesterday and we were up all night. I finally found a couple vet websites that showed those symptoms with the fluids could be an overdose of them... Bad for heart and lungs. I called the vet and told them I'm stopping the fluids... They agreed and said to let them know in few days if the symptoms clear up. I feel like a bad Mommy... I'm just hoping this is the problem. Heck she wasn't sick beyond what I already knew... Just had worse levels but no outward signs. Now she's tired, miserable, wheezing, etc. I'm hoping she's starting to feel better and I'll get home to my Peaches girl starting to feel better! She didn't eat dinner last night or breakfast this morning.... She's finicky, but always eats.

Work is boring... Sitting here playing games and just want to get home!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Awww! I hope Peaches feels better soon!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Oh, poor Peaches! I hope she's back to her vigorous self really soon!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Beth, Giving fluids and her wheezing is never good. Fluid overload possible. Good for you catching it and stopping the fluids. Hope she feels better soon and you can worry much less
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Prayers and hope Peaches feels better soon. I’m sure that will make you feel an awful lot better too.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Return to Morning Coffee