Good Morning Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Morning Wednesday

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 am

Good morning from cold Madison, WI. I am currently at my cousins but Audrey and I drove north together so she could meet up with her handsome suitor. I will head over towards Milwaukee and pick her up when she has finished her partying. We drove through some snow on Monday as we headed north but not through SNOW. I was good with that. Hope everyone can find some good adventures in their day today. Be healthy, make some joy for others to find and keep on moving forward.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Postby Redetotry » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:35 am

Good Morning from frozen Southern Illinois temp was 6 last night with wind felt much colder. Hopefully this is the last day of such extreme cold. I had a very relaxing massage yesterday, but it was a cold outing as the high yesterday was 12 :o Like a lot of the country we don't usually have such cold temp or if we do they don't last long. The dogs however absolutely love the cold and the snow. I'm afraid their paws will get frostbite but can't keep them inside and stay sane!

Tina congratulations on your success in the show ring with Joseph!!! What an accomplishment. Was shocked to see you were in Madison, WI !!! I know how you dislike cold weather. Hope Audrey's visit is successful.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby beazle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

Well, how ironic: we leave Wisconsin & Tina shows up! We’re still poking our way south toward Texas & Arizona, slowed down by the weather. Staying in hotels until we get above freezing, but that’s taking a lot more days & more miles south than expected. In Poplar Bluff, MO now. Looking forward to a minI-spa day in Hot Springs Saturday. Not sure about when we’ll get there, as we’d like it to be above freezing at night before we sleep in the RV. We have plenty of propane but I really prefer flushing toilets. I’m jealous of those of you who are already warm, but sympathetic to those waiting it out, like us, wherever you find yourselves.
Eileen
beazle

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm not sure how far South someone would have to go to get above freezing. It was 17 here last night. I can only remember one winter that it was 17 and it was only one night. We are suppose to have that again tonight. It's up to 28 but they are saying it won't get above freezing today. The sun is out so it might. We have ice on the back walkway, steps and on the old carport. We didn't have snow but a lot of sleet. I didn't try to go to town today. Not sure about the conditions of the roads. I know they closed I-10 from Lafayette to Baton Rouge last night. And closed all the overpasses. I'm pretty sure I-20 was closed in places too.

No plans for today other than trying to stay warm.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Greetings from warm, sunny Quartzsite! Sandy and I have returned from the free, yes free, pancake breakfast. Cheryl and Alice went hiking to the palm tree.

After I practice, I will sit in the sun and read. Just a little breeze today! Wish you all were here!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Just sitting and relaxing at Willow Beach and enjoying the full hookups so I can completely flush my tanks. (Doesn't that sound like a weird statement?) Nice campground and only about half-full right now, so very quiet. Will fill up with locals on the weekend. Sunny with high of 65 here. Lows have been around 46, which is not bad.

Even though rain was only a few days ago, you can tell that some of the shrubbery is greener and tiny stalks of grass are sprouting. The desert certainly does love moisture and responds fast.

Back to TV and doing some work.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee