A Tuesday Winter’s Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A Tuesday Winter’s Day

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

Good Morning. Another winter day has begun in northern Michigan. The sun is up and a light blanket of fresh snow covers the trees, branches and my driveway :lol: About an inch, no big deal. It is cold but we are warming into the 30’s after tomorrow.

Am awaiting a phone call before I go out and clean up this bit of snow. Home improvement people coming out to measure for installation of new range hood over my stove. One of the upgrade projects I have lined up for this winter. And I finally stained the woodwork around the door frame I added on to last year when I converted a closet to shoe/boot/hat/glove etc. storage. Better late than never :lol:

Louise, I like your manatee shots. Yep, sometime photo editing comes in handy. Been a hard winter on them too.

Think I will go install some foam outlet and switch covers behind the plastic covers. Those areas are good for air leaks and easy to remedy. Hope you all have a nice day. Stay safe and warm, those of you in the path of latest storm.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: A Tuesday Winter’s Day

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:59 am

Good morning :-)
I have to say the weather in Q is great and normal this year. I hear the coyotes but haven't seen them.
This is the life, as far as just watching the sun come up from my window seat.
Y'all have a great day!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 pm

At work. Should be fairly busy after the mail comes with the holiday yesterday. Peaches is not a happy dog. I'm not a happy mommy. I may skip fluids today and see if she changes her attitude at all. I called the vet and they're ok with it. But she's not off the hook tomorrow. I've always been her safe place and I'm not now. Well, she came by me when I was sleeping.

I got my computer back yesterday... Tossed the old one, saving the hard drive. The other, not quite as old, but good one, got a tune up... Will back up everything tonight to my external hard drive... Maybe to two.

Happy Tuesday.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm relaxing at Willow Beach Campground, along the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, south of Hoover Dam. I have had to move twice--once because I had come in a day before my reservation and then again yesterday because I could not get a good internet signal in my reserved site. They have put in a new system and need to make the pole taller, it was decided because a small hill and other vehicles were blocking my access. The site I had, D2, however has the absolute best view in the place, so that is a little disappointing. But I did see 9 bighorn sheep yesterday!

They also have fixed up the entrance booth and now have someone manning it. The road needs work because of the recent heavy rains, but it is passable by anything. The park manager told me that they have money approved to build a new road that goes down a different canyon because that one gets too much of the flash floods that occur.

Anyway, I will be back here in March and have posted that in the GTG section if anyone wants to join me. I plan to rent a small boat to go up the river then or take the raft trip that comes down from the dam. It is a huge raft and a slow trip--no whitewater!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

It is a huge raft and a slow trip--no whitewater!
JudyJB

That is my kind of river rafting! :lol:

Did some running around today and now back home to work on projects here. My car was making a strange noise the past week or so, so I brought it in to a shop nearby to have them check it out. Don't you know, the noise stopped once the guy got in for the test drive! Drove several miles, but nothing. :roll: So will go back when I hear it again!

Sounds like the Q group is having fun and enjoying nice weather! Hopefully, I will get there next year!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee