Move to Florida Monday???

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Move to Florida Monday???

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am

Good chilly morning... I thought I had moved to Florida but you could have fooled me temperatures are terrible ...it was supposed to get down to 32 last night but yay it only got down to 34 how about that... Nan and I went to the Crystal River Manatee Festival yesterday it was wonderful... very big Festival I was unprepared I should have went both days to fully enjoy everything... still sorting out all those totesI have in the garage... doing a little bit of sewing and a lot of running around LOL ...off again to Gainesville tomorrow with Nan... get in trouble when we go there too many shopping stores... too many good restaurants yummy... soon we will be heading to Hardee Lakes I sure hope it warms up a little bit... I might go to the Tampa RV show this week with Margie if we can ever get are Lucy and Ethel type act together what a pair we are... anyway I am enjoying my new home.. I keep changing things around I want to try and post some pictures on Facebook and try and do it bog post ...good gravy the internet in my laptop don't make it easy... well that's all for me B safe ...me n Pheebe..
grammynmaggie

Re: Move to Florida Monday???

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 am

It's almost always a chilly morning in the desert. I love it for sleeping. Then the sun comes out and warms us up. My older lap top died. So I dropped my old and older laptops off at Office Max when out Friday for them to remove the hard drive on the older and transfer all the files into a file on the new. Then I'll back it all up again. It's ready for pickup and the good computer got free tuneup and updates done while there. So will head out in bit and pick things up. I know if I continue doing even the minimal website work I still do I'll have to repurchase some programs. Of course I'll ask for new downloads, but we'll see.

Peaches wasn't helpful with accepting her fluids yesterday, but at least she resigns fairly quickly. I think I'll take advantage of friends next week to hold/distract her. It would be a breeze with two people!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Two is better than one when the dog doesn't want to take medicine, for sure! Poor Peaches -- but she'll be better soon.

It's Manatee Monday here near Tampa. It was "cold" all weekend, and the manatees came into the little bay about two miles from me. I've never seen so many together! More than 100, I think.

They must have the most amazing lungs. They go such a long time before poking their noses into the air.

They congregate here because the water is exceptionally warm. There is a power plant on the far side of the cove that uses water to cool their machines and returns it (clean, they promise) to the bay. In this weather, the manatees really like that.

I am really going to have to get a better camera! The problem with these little point-and-shoots is that daylight reflects off the screen, and you can't really see what your getting. Just shooting blind. Thank goodness for editing programs!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Donna, you better get ready, we are suppose to have 2 nights of temperatures in the low 20's starting tomorrow. This time of year our weather is headed East. It was 32 last night and is now 68. The 68 I like. It was deader than usual in town because of the holiday. I didn't remember it was a holiday until I got to the post office. I wish I could go to the Tampa RV show. I know they will have Coach House motorhomes there. I would like to see all the floor plans in person.

I am finally getting my cranberry sauce made. Every year I make a couple of batches and put it in the freezer to have all year. I like mine better than the canned. By the time I finally remember to look for cranberries at the store, Walmart was down to 6 bags. I almost missed out.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee